What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

58 minutes ago, ZaE said:

this dude has the first half down, second half cap

I'd argue drugs are sorta fine for the most part - playing as both characters who've bought and sold drugs - you just need to know your market and understand you can't force a sale if you're within a circle that clashes with another. Yeah it can be dry at points with what feels like a lack of proper addicts but it's far from the death of the art of dealing a lot of players make it out to be.

If anything the suggested drug revamp everybody vouched for and promised would save drug RP actually put off a lot of people who RP'd addicts exclusively because it felt extremely RPG inspired and only seemed to favour illegal RPer's that wanted to use drugs as a buff and not people who you know, actually played realistic addicts.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CarrotCarrotCarrot said:

catering too hard to erping snowflakes and mallrats who add nothing to the server except whining on the forums

The current IFM ruling on server population and fear RP policies slants entirely to the illegal / criminal side. Where have you been? I’ll head you off in saying that I don’t play any sort of character that would ever be considered a mallrat, so let’s just leave that one there. 

Edited by Cypher99
1 minute ago, CarrotCarrotCarrot said:

Yet the server is still plagued by mallrats and snowflake second lifers, just go read through any of the 50 page forum threads where they cry endlessly about their weird self-insert ERP being interrupted by people who are actually roleplaying.

Point these threads out, please. You’re being a little over dramatic. 

Edited by Cypher99
15 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

tenor.png

You have to remember this used to be a server with the roleplay standard of driving up a mountain in your Comet to mine some iron with an asspulled jackhammer, afterwards speeding over to the refinery to sell your iron during the 50 percent hourly bonus that was broadcasted to the server in global chat.

5 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

You have to remember this used to be a server with the roleplay standard of driving up a mountain in your Comet to mine some iron with an asspulled jackhammer, afterwards speeding over to the refinery to sell your iron during the 50 percent hourly bonus that was broadcasted to the server in global chat.

But now it’s a server where the only population that exists in our city are people who are online, fear RP dictates that all civilians should curl up into a ball of fear and people get CK’d for doing the sensible thing and call the police after an extortion attempt. I don’t see much difference lol

Edited by Cypher99
Just now, Cartoonhead said:

You lot cry a hell of a lot more then you actually try to suggest fixes and help the server.

Things do get suggested. Over and over and over. Generally it gets locked or ignored. The last large thread with 25 pages about the state of the server was the first time I’ve seen something get noticed and forwarded for consideration. Baby steps. 

10 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I'm enjoying my time on the server.

Some overall views on the problems facing the server;

• Too much administration focus on illegal and 'official' legal factions, as opposed to everyone else
  • Legacy systems are forgotten instead of improved or removed, and new systems are left to themselves after introduced
  • Slowly declining roleplay standards when it concerns 'unplanned' or 'unexpected' interactions between players
  • Slowly declining economy, with too much purchasing power available to established players
  • Lengthy processes of getting things started that are required or desirable for roleplay development

+ double standards within the administration decisions, where one admin allows a certain thing to happen, then another admin punishes the player for it, with the forever going excuse of "common courtesy violation". there needs to be a set ruleset of what a certain violation gets you punished with, not let the admin decide based on...favoritism.

22 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

+ double standards within the administration decisions, where one admin allows a certain thing to happen, then another admin punishes the player for it, with the forever going excuse of "common courtesy violation". there needs to be a set ruleset of what a certain violation gets you punished with, not let the admin decide based on...favoritism.

Part of what I've noticed is administration bases punishments off of a few variables: Severity of the offense, number of similar recorded offenses, length of time since last recorded offense, length of time spent on the server, and general attitude during the report. These are difficult variables to codify, and it ignores how different situations with similar offenses may be. Deathmatching someone within your own faction because of a miscommunication is not the same as shooting a random person on the street in the face for no reason. Both are filed as the same offense.

This is why the rules offer admins wide discretion when it comes to interpreting rulebreaks and punishments. It does sometimes feel, however, that there are natural inconsistencies within the dispositions of admins and their interpretations, and that reports can often feel like "the luck of the draw" depending on which admin accepts it.

What could help this is a publically posted minimal punishment for admins to follow; still allowing for administration to push for harsher punishments for more agredious offenses. With that said, the way admins handle situations is designed to give them discrepancy for a reason: the possible variety in roleplay and motivations behind offenses makes it impossible to treat every report the same.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste