What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

Drugs are still over saturated and some are completely useless now. Playerbase is big, and only rising. Lots of new scripts and additions to the server.

Seems to be doing better in a lot of aspects, but of course there are still cons.

I'm enjoying my time on the server.

Some overall views on the problems facing the server;

• Too much administration focus on illegal and 'official' legal factions, as opposed to everyone else
  • Legacy systems are forgotten instead of improved or removed, and new systems are left to themselves after introduced
  • Slowly declining roleplay standards when it concerns 'unplanned' or 'unexpected' interactions between players
  • Slowly declining economy, with too much purchasing power available to established players
  • Lengthy processes of getting things started that are required or desirable for roleplay development
Edited by mj2002

Economy's fucked. The rich are getting unnecessarily richer, primarily through the new property sale rules. Ever since you could sell your property at any given price after a certain period of time, the market's gotten ridiculous. It favors the flawless, drop-dead gorgeous, horny Facebrowser fanatics who roleplay in interiors for the majority of time (or in the VIP section of nightclubs) with a two-story house in Mirror Park and a combined asset value of $8,000,000. Besides that, there's an absurd amount of micromanagement being carried out by administration in unneeded areas.

Server sync's improved drastically which is great to see, the script is matchless.

Edited by SOLDADO
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SOLDADO said:

Economy's fucked. The rich are getting unnecessarily richer, primarily through the new property sale rules. Ever since you could sell your property at any given price after a certain period of time, the market's gotten ridiculous. It favors the flawless, drop-dead gorgeous, horny Facebrowser fanatics who roleplay in interiors for the majority of time (or in the VIP section of nightclubs) with a two-story house in Mirror Park and a combined asset value of $8,000,000. Besides that, there's an absurd amount of micromanagement being carried out by administration in unneeded areas.

Server sync's improved drastically which is great to see, the script is matchless.

Unfortunately, there's no other way. It's either ridiculous prices or no prices at all. Before, when we had a cap for how much you could sell properties for, none of these properties were ever going on sale, for any price. At least now they are. So even though it's a bit weird to see, I'd personally count that as a huge +1, and props to Nervous and whoever else was involved in making that decision and bringing the market back to life.

12 hours ago, Kyleb said:

Drugs are still over saturated and some are completely useless now. Playerbase is big, and only rising. Lots of new scripts and additions to the server.

this dude has the first half down, second half cap

I think that the community is in an overall good place. There are issues (obviously), there are strong aspects. Good people, bad people but honestly, I think that we're in a good place, and that all of the dedication that Nervous and the staff team are putting into the community are showing.

Most issues that I can personally see are regarding policies and procedures within the staff team, and I'd absolutely love to see something being done about them - I have no idea why some huge issues that everyone's aware of are being literally ignored (or not responded to). If we manage to get that sorted out, though, I think we'll be better than ever expected.