Development suggestion.

Banditto

I made a lot of biker characters, but the problem I have every time I create a new character is how can I develop the biker character solo during the time the faction member are not around or when I am still trying to make my way inside the faction. Like how to develop a biker character in a good way to make it fine during the times the members are not around. Like what is the day to day life of biker character, like how does the day to day life of a hanground or trying to be a biker goes.

That the problem I need to know how can I develop a biker character. I know that some of you will say that the way of developing the character is up to you, but I would like to get some advice how to develop ad realistic countryside guy in a way that will turn him into a biker.

Some ideas that I have...

- Drink at bars.
- Meet new people.
- If your character consumes narcotics? Consume narcotics. Maybe, find a friend that will use it with you.

- Look for a female partner at venues, Facebrowser, or QuickDate
- Find a job that he would labour, within, before he attains membership.
- Exercise at the gym.
- Polish your motorcycle in front of other people, showing that you are a "motorcycle enthusiast" or "passionate biker".
etc... 

Edited by DLimit

First and foremost, there isn't really any way to develop a character into a biker. Being a biker or someone who's into motorcycles and the associated lifestyle should be something your character already is, otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to join a motorcycle club. Remember 1%er clubs are something that exist within the biker culture and community, but that doesn't make them the "final evolution" per say of what a biker is. 

Your focus shouldn't be on what decisions would develop you into a biker but what lifestyle decisions a biker would make. The best place to start in my opinion is with your characters job. What do they do to support their passion for motorcycles. Most often this is portrayed through mechanic work so maybe find a garage near you that is hiring or start your own tow truck business. Bikers seem to have an affinity for vehicles and driving in general so maybe trucking would be good for you. Overall however, the common thread when it comes to careers in the biker community is blue collar work. With that I'd suggest something more out of the box (On this server) and try to get a job in construction or working at the port. 

Your next focus should be on where your character hangs out. You mentioned he's from the country, so maybe look for a bar or business in the area you live which your character can frequent. This is important because much like your RP "job" building connections and relationships outside your faction is what'll lead to a long lasting and enjoyable character. Don't just go hopping from club to club however, think about what your character would actually enjoy and try to stick to a few key places. You want to meet other characters and someone seeing you in the same place repeatedly is going to make it a lot easier for them to spark up a connection with you.

Overall, focus on who your character is over who you want your character to eventually be. While it's important to make the right choices to keep you on the path you want to end up on, focusing only on the path to that end goal will quickly lead to burnout and/or a simply uninteresting character. 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Trupiano said:

First and foremost, there isn't really any way to develop a character into a biker. Being a biker or someone who's into motorcycles and the associated lifestyle should be something your character already is, otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to join a motorcycle club. Remember 1%er clubs are something that exist within the biker culture and community, but that doesn't make them the "final evolution" per say of what a biker is. 

Your focus shouldn't be on what decisions would develop you into a biker but what lifestyle decisions a biker would make. The best place to start in my opinion is with your characters job. What do they do to support their passion for motorcycles. Most often this is portrayed through mechanic work so maybe find a garage near you that is hiring or start your own tow truck business. Bikers seem to have an affinity for vehicles and driving in general so maybe trucking would be good for you. Overall however, the common thread when it comes to careers in the biker community is blue collar work. With that I'd suggest something more out of the box (On this server) and try to get a job in construction or working at the port. 

Your next focus should be on where your character hangs out. You mentioned he's from the country, so maybe look for a bar or business in the area you live which your character can frequent. This is important because much like your RP "job" building connections and relationships outside your faction is what'll lead to a long lasting and enjoyable character. Don't just go hopping from club to club however, think about what your character would actually enjoy and try to stick to a few key places. You want to meet other characters and someone seeing you in the same place repeatedly is going to make it a lot easier for them to spark up a connection with you.

Overall, focus on who your character is over who you want your character to eventually be. While it's important to make the right choices to keep you on the path you want to end up on, focusing only on the path to that end goal will quickly lead to burnout and/or a simply uninteresting character. 

Okay, so I did as you said my character actually have two jobs, he work as a trucker for a company and he is working for a mechanic garage in the city due to the lack of hiring in the countryside garages. Actually, I am doing all of that like I need to know what type of lifestyle the character can I go for to make a believable biker character. I need to know what my character can do during his off duty from the mechanic job and trucker, like the everyday life. Like do I need to make my character to be living in a trailer park or do I need him to buy a trailer. I am looking for what types of activities my character can do during his free time without breaking the character development.

FIrst of all I'd just like to commend you for asking for suggestions - you're looking to improve! Being open-minded and developing is an excellent mindset to create engaging characters and engaging stories.

Personally I like to start crime-oriented characters on why they turned to a life of crime in the first place. Most people don't have a lifestyle revolving around crime, even "full-time criminals" spend most of their time as reasonably law-abiding citizens. Some people turn to crime to afford expensive habits, such as a heavy drug habit or a gambling addiction. Buying drugs from dealers in Chamberlain or Davis opens up IC relationships both for business and pleasure. Getting into gambling debt with some Triad loanshark is another interesting storyline, but it's all up to you. 

Having a job is fine and a lot of OMGs even promote their members to have one. Personally I'd choose something more static than being a trucker though, as that'll allow you to stay at one place where your IC contacts know where to find you. Personally, I find it gives me more time to roleplay as opposed to just ordinarily playing GTA.

Another problem, guys related to character development. So, at the mean time I developing an Italian-American character he is roleplaying with a sub-faction that is part of the Italian mafia faction. Now, the issue I have is that at that point, I am not able to progress with character development because I want to start a small business, and due to my RP I am roleplaying that this character is not reach or poor, but he is in the middle. Now I am afraid from one thing, that if I planned to start a RP business (Not clubs or bars) I may break my character development, because my character RPly still doesn't have money to buy an office and physical location he can use to start the business. So, I was wondering is there anyway I approach that kind of RP and my character RPly is not reach to be able to get the business ready or no? I really like to progress the character development in a way that opening a business will come naturally with Roleplaying. So, how can I start a business without breaking my character development plan or how can I approach that kind of RP without breaking my character development?

Edited by Banditto
59 minutes ago, Banditto said:

Another problem, guys related to character development. So, at the mean time I developing an Italian-American character he is roleplaying with a sub-faction that is part of the Italian mafia faction. Now, the issue I have is that at that point, I am not able to progress with character development because I want to start a small business, and due to my RP I am roleplaying that this character is not reach or poor, but he is in the middle. Now I am afraid from one thing, that if I planned to start a RP business (Not clubs or bars) I may break my character development, because my character RPly still doesn't have money to buy an office and physical location he can use to start the business. So, I was wondering is there anyway I approach that kind of RP and my character RPly is not reach to be able to get the business ready or no? I really like to progress the character development in a way that opening a business will come naturally with Roleplaying. So, how can I start a business without breaking my character development plan or how can I approach that kind of RP without breaking my character development?

What would a person in real life do? Apply for a loan, open it up as part of a franchise agreement or lease the building. Owning the business outright might not be correct for your character's path right now, but managing one as part of a franchise agreement could be.

• Wuhtah locked this topic