What is your opinion on GTA W road traffic?

Mistery14

13 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

Should make it in the script when they don’t pay their tickets, police can cancel or place a hold on their insurance and prevent them from renewing it and/or cancel the registration and prevent that until tickets are settled. 

There is a system already in place for people who don't pay their tickets, which goes through a judge and gets your property temporarily seized til they are paid. The system is just a pain in the ass to deal with, considering a request needs to be posted, to be replied to by a judge a month later just so you can go in-game and /report to get an admin to spawn their vehicles to THEN tow the car(s) yourself to the impound lot. It's a long, tedious process that simply isn't effective, tbh. There should be alternative ways to deal with this kind of thing or at least an effort to make the system a lot simpler.

14 hours ago, AlphaBatal said:

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules?

yes. stop regarding traffic lights at all, nobody gives a fuck about those except leo roleplayers that use the 30 seconds of waiting as an opportunity to tab into their respective forums.

instead, use right of way. its always worked whenever ive gone on a road on ragemp with other mindful players (aforementioned leos), who seem to grasp why im waiting for them or going before them within less than a second.

This is already a thing. You don't need to stop at a red light until you get a green light. You stop to check for incoming vehicles when there's a red, but you can still go through if no one is coming; on a green light you can just go past (if you're brave enough).

"1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights, the traffic light displays a red light, the driver must stop before the white perpendicular line or last perpendicular line of a crosswalk. The driver shall yield the right of way to any and all vehicles before proceeding through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge."

47 minutes ago, L33SA5 said:

PK Does not mean getting away. Period. I will not argue this anymore. You're one of those people who see this server as their regular job... I understand it's a heavy RP server... but character death is always a difficult thing to fathom in a game where you can respawn. I'll remind you... the game mechanics are prettymuch the paramount thing to lead yourself by. If you *can* respawn, then you *will* respawn. If every death was a CK, then nobody would ever play on this server again.

And I'm saying this as someone who dislikes that there's too many 'illegal' and 'gangsta' roleplayers.

I'm not at all advocating for people to be CKed whenever they die. PKing is completely fine. However, PKing absolutely means getting away. No, I don't see this server as a regular job, but I do spend a lot of time online and I do end up seeing lots of stuff, especially on my LSSD character - the vast majority of people who PK do so because they don't want to deal with the consequences. If your character dies, you escape any further consequences. All of the conflict that led to their death is gone, they're not getting charged, they're not going to prison, nothing. If they survive, it's the opposite.

Also, from what I've seen, the argument that they're losing their items means basically nothing in such cases. If you're about to be caught, or were shot or whatever, you can either role-play dying, losing your items and immediately respawning and going on with your day or role-play surviving, spending more time to deal with the aftermath, still losing your items to an arrest and then have to spend a long time in TTCF, then get out with a record. It's really no secret nor is it my personal opinion that people PK, some even CK, to avoid consequences. PKing and CKing are absolutely ways of getting away. There's no arguments here.

43 minutes ago, L33SA5 said:

Ok so, a police officer stopped me for running a red light and then proceded to call 6 more officers to arrest me. This actually happened. Is that RP enough for you?

That depends on a lot of other characters and regardless, it's an IC issue. You should be taking it up with the IC courts or their department.

Speeding cameras should be installed on frequented streets within the city and roleplayed accordingly by all drivers of the road. The speeding cameras can also be a massive source of roleplay with maintenance/fixes of the cameras, tickets/fines, complaint handling, etc.

What could improve general quality of life while on the road? 
As many mentioned above, GTA's default keyboard driving options are a bit rough. Would be real nice to implement a system (sadly, I don't think it would ever make the list of priority projects within the dev team due to how small the impact is) where you can:
- Opt-in option to allow for smooth acceleration on vehicles (0-10mph is gradually achieved instead of burning rubber for two seconds as you take off from a stop)
- Implement a gear system (Drive/Reverse) to:
    - Be able to hold the brake without immediately going into reverse after coming to a stop
    - Make driving roleplay a little more restrictive... way too many people do violent J-turns in tight streets like they're a trained stunt driver due to the controls being so easy
- Maintenance to actually mean something, current system is way too lenient and it's not often that people own a vehicle long enough to see the first maintenance warning come up

• Wuhtah locked this topic