What is your opinion on GTA W road traffic?

Mistery14

14 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

The traffic is wild. People gunning 100 mph down main street. Nuts.

We should just have speed cameras that automatically ticket you.

Also the punishment for not paying fines and road offences needs to be higher.

When people are spending millions on houses a 5000$ ticket means nothing.

Should make it in the script when they don’t pay their tickets, police can cancel or place a hold on their insurance and prevent them from renewing it and/or cancel the registration and prevent that until tickets are settled. 

Edited by Cypher99
8 hours ago, TinyPotato said:

nobody drives in a realistic manner, and we all get a bit lazy

i like boring traffic stop RP where i just verbally warn ppl.

Honestly I love interaction with cops when they know to make it interesting. One of my characters was a police officer in his country so he naturally likes to make small talk about the job with them, finding the differences interesting. 

It's all about the little things sometimes. 

16 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Yes, PK means getting away. Quite literally everyone would rather lose their phone, $200 and all memories of a chase, rather than spend a week in jail. 90% of our pursuits don't start on bank robbers running away - they're people who literally evade for absolutely no reason. Run a red light and risk a $1000 ticket? Welp, better run and risk 5 years in prison! They don't lose anything - they do it for the thrills.

This is a game, and League of Legends is too, and Call of Duty as well. The difference is that our game-mode is heavy text-based role-play, not Forza Horizon 20.

PK Does not mean getting away. Period. I will not argue this anymore. You're one of those people who see this server as their regular job... I understand it's a heavy RP server... but character death is always a difficult thing to fathom in a game where you can respawn. I'll remind you... the game mechanics are prettymuch the paramount thing to lead yourself by. If you *can* respawn, then you *will* respawn. If every death was a CK, then nobody would ever play on this server again.

And I'm saying this as someone who dislikes that there's too many 'illegal' and 'gangsta' roleplayers.

I play a traffic cop. About a quarter of my stops - usually the most heinous ones with the most potential for damage - the player immediately goes to /b and cites lag/desync/texture loss.

While the RAGE MP client isn't perfect, it doesn't excuse people who are playing outside their means:

If you're experiencing lag and it's not seeming like it's going to stop, try to get someone else to drive you where you need to go - call a cab, get a friend, hell just walk/bicycle where you need to go - because if you drive you will be a rubberbanding car on the road smashing into other vehicles and walls with every turn.

Desync is mostly mitigated at this point, there was a instance of RAGE MP where you could slam on the brakes on your screen, but on the other guy's screen you still ram him at mach 3 before suddenly coming to a full stop. This isn't that RAGE MP anymore, most people who cite desync either mean that they're lagging or that they're lying and trying to get out of having to roleplay a crash.

If you experience texture loss, pull over safely, /fixtextures or wait - stop driving immediately because you will plow into shit and people roleplaying. Likewise turn your textures to normal to help mitigate potential loss.

The only thing that annoys me really is when I see a person who's driving around at 100 mph+ for no discernible reason. Usually when I see these people I myself am driving at a reasonable speed - or I'm parked. Our police cars are good but they aren't good enough to catch up to Elegy Retro Customs and what-not that are already gunning away. At one time I hear our Torrence was a lot better than it is now and actually allowed us to keep up with these kinds of people.

As far as people who are saying it's a game ergo we shouldn't have to care - OK first of all, do you know what you're supposed to be doing in this game? You're supposed to be talking with other characters and also playing pretend with your own action figure, with shit like '/me sits.' and then /anim sit. If this is a game, this is the most boring game there ever was - so why is driving exempt from being boring? Also - in game San Andreas is small. It's roughly like eight miles tip to tip. Driving 'twenty minutes' is driving the whole round trip length of the island, under the speed limit.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Jain said:

I play a traffic cop. About a quarter of my stops - usually the most heinous ones with the most potential for damage - the player immediately goes to /b and cites lag/desync/texture loss.

While the RAGE MP client isn't perfect, it doesn't excuse people who are playing outside their means:

If you're experiencing lag and it's not seeming like it's going to stop, try to get someone else to drive you where you need to go - call a cab, get a friend, hell just walk/bicycle where you need to go - because if you drive you will be a rubberbanding car on the road smashing into other vehicles and walls with every turn.

Desync is mostly mitigated at this point, there was a instance of RAGE MP where you could slam on the brakes on your screen, but on the other guy's screen you still ram him at mach 3 before suddenly coming to a full stop. This isn't that RAGE MP anymore, most people who cite desync either mean that they're lagging or that they're lying and trying to get out of having to roleplay a crash.

If you experience texture loss, pull over safely, /fixtextures or wait - stop driving immediately because you will plow into shit and people roleplaying. Likewise turn your textures to normal to help mitigate potential loss.

The only thing that annoys me really is when I see a person who's driving around at 100 mph+ for no discernible reason. Usually when I see these people I myself am driving at a reasonable speed - or I'm parked. Our police cars are good but they aren't good enough to catch up to Elegy Retro Customs and what-not that are already gunning away. At one time I hear our Torrence was a lot better than it is now and actually allowed us to keep up with these kinds of people.

As far as people who are saying it's a game ergo we shouldn't have to care - OK first of all, do you know what you're supposed to be doing in this game? You're supposed to be talking with other characters and also playing pretend with your own action figure, with shit like '/me sits.' and then /anim sit. If this is a game, this is the most boring game there ever was - so why is driving exempt from being boring? Also - in game San Andreas is small. It's roughly like eight miles tip to tip. Driving 'twenty minutes' is driving the whole round trip length of the island, under the speed limit.

Ok so, a police officer stopped me for running a red light and then proceded to call 6 more officers to arrest me. This actually happened. Is that RP enough for you?

• Wuhtah locked this topic