What is your opinion on GTA W road traffic?

Mistery14

Just now, mj2002 said:

Where do people speed through the middle of town with 90-120mph in Los Angeles?

They don't. But neither do they shoot someone in the middle of LA for saying they're a LEO. Which happened to me yesterday. An admin approved of that.

Point is, enforcing strict OOC rules for speeding is ridiculous. Speeding, if done RPly, is totally ok.

I agree with banning/kicking players who just randomly speed and do so because they're bored.

3 minutes ago, L33SA5 said:

The reason is simple: they are doing so to escape a situation that might be VERY unfavorable for them.

Every road death should be considered a PK unless decided otherwise by the player in my opinion because a CK is a permanent loss of the player's character, which is not mandated even for much worse situations.

But the police already does have a specific traffic unit. Not all cops are traffic cops. The police can not ammend the punishment to what they please, the courts (well, LFM) have to do that. People speeding at 140 miles per hour through Los Angeles it not normal, does not happen. Nor racing through downtown LA. And if they did, they'd be in prison in minutes, considering the amount of traffic, surveilance and police in the area. I highly doubt a professional racing driver would. That's like saying that a professional gun instructor likes to randomly shoot guns and disregard everyone's safety and everything their job is about.

I'm curious though - why shouldn't you be liable for a CK if you evaded police and ended up crashing and dying? They have two options - stop, don't risk your life, go to jail or run off, risk spending more time in prison, risk literally dying or the slight chance of none of those. Just like in real life. If you play stupid cards, you win stupid prizes. Why should we not do that and accomodate for people who evade police, end up crashing due to their own IC decision and then decide to PK and escape? If that were a thing, we'd have everyone getting away - either by literally getting away or just crashing into stuff to die and respawn.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

But the police already does have a specific traffic unit. Not all cops are traffic cops. The police can not ammend the punishment to what they please, the courts (well, LFM) have to do that. People speeding at 140 miles per hour through Los Angeles it not normal, does not happen. Nor racing through downtown LA. And if they did, they'd be in prison in minutes, considering the amount of traffic, surveilance and police in the area. I highly doubt a professional racing driver would. That's like saying that a professional gun instructor likes to randomly shoot guns and disregard everyone's safety and everything their job is about.

I'm curious though - why shouldn't you be liable for a CK if you evaded police and ended up crashing and dying? They have two options - stop, don't risk your life, go to jail or run off, risk spending more time in prison, risk literally dying or the slight chance of none of those. Just like in real life. If you play stupid cards, you win stupid prizes. Why should we not do that and accomodate for people who evade police, end up crashing due to their own IC decision and then decide to PK and escape? If that were a thing, we'd have everyone getting away - either by literally getting away or just crashing into stuff to die and respawn.

Because this is a game. We're here to have fun. I told you already. People tried to kidnap me and shoot me in downtown LA (Alta Street) which would OOCly be an insanely busy place to do that kind of thing, and the admins approved of it.

If there's many people there in game. Sure, consider it a CK maybe. But if there's nobody around... I don't care. Neither should you.

PK Doesn't mean getting away. You lose your items and forget everything that lead up to it.

A bank robber getting PKed by crashing while running away with a car loaded with cash - just won't be able to do the heist successfully, they won't keep the money, they won't be able to re-create the heist again. They still lost something - because they didn't achieve anything.

Edited by L33SA5
1 minute ago, L33SA5 said:

Because this is a game. We're here to have fun. I told you already. People tried to kidnap me and shoot me in downtown LA (Alta Street) which would OOCly be an insanely busy place to do that kind of thing, and the admins approved of it.

If there's many people there in game. Sure, consider it a CK maybe. But if there's nobody around... I don't care. Neither should you.

Yes, PK means getting away. Quite literally everyone would rather lose their phone, $200 and all memories of a chase, rather than spend a week in jail. 90% of our pursuits don't start on bank robbers running away - they're people who literally evade for absolutely no reason. Run a red light and risk a $1000 ticket? Welp, better run and risk 5 years in prison! They don't lose anything - they do it for the thrills.

This is a game, and League of Legends is too, and Call of Duty as well. The difference is that our game-mode is heavy text-based role-play, not Forza Horizon 20.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, L33SA5 said:

Because this is a game. We're here to have fun.

No offense, but this is a cop out and a BS excuse to do whatever you want. We’re not GTA Online. We’re a heavy role play server. You’re here to have fun, within the bounds of the regulations and standards of heavy role play which by definition is more strict than other servers. If you want to have fun with zero regards to that, go play GTA Online. That’s not what we’re here for. 

I don’t agree that you should CK if you crash by yourself with no one around, but at the same time rules dictate you need to stay IC at all times. It’s a gray area. However with regards to driving realistically, driving through a city at 100+ mph should be considered non-RP driving. It’s just super unrealistic. Following traffic laws should be more common and not just pushed aside because “wahhh I’m impatient I don’t have time to drive normal, that’s not fun”. There are plenty of light RP/casual servers you can go play on if that’s not your preference. 

Edited by Cypher99
  • Upvote 1

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules?

yes. stop regarding traffic lights at all, nobody gives a fuck about those except leo roleplayers that use the 30 seconds of waiting as an opportunity to tab into their respective forums.

instead, use right of way. its always worked whenever ive gone on a road on ragemp with other mindful players (aforementioned leos), who seem to grasp why im waiting for them or going before them within less than a second.

there isnt enough traffic to justify the lights and according to the ifm the streets are empty anyways so lets just do something sensible and integrate road awareness into the way people drive

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp?

remove advanced handling flags on some vehicles that make them trash/unpredictable, nuke half the cars down and bring their prices down

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? 

stimmy check for people to upgrade their gaming rigs

baseball bat to knees for spaghetti code causing this bastard 9 year old game to chug like ass, lose textures or straight up freeze

actually using what you know about driving irl, its not that hard, just dont mash the skinny on roads that havent even rendered for you yet

The traffic is wild. People gunning 100 mph down main street. Nuts.

We should just have speed cameras that automatically ticket you.

Also the punishment for not paying fines and road offences needs to be higher.

When people are spending millions on houses a 5000$ ticket means nothing.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
8 hours ago, K3V said:

Personally, I'd like to see the courts increase the punishments for traffic offences drastically; a sliding scale for severity with fines that actually mean something as opposed to a poxy 2-4k. Equally the ability to suspend someones license for longer than 7 days AND revoke it entirely and/or impound vehicles for lengthy periods of time for serious driving offences.

+1

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic