What is your opinion on GTA W road traffic?

Mistery14

What are your thoughts on road traffic in GTA W? What's the biggest problem, to you?

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules?

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp?

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? 

Of course, these questions are optional, your opinion is what I'd like to hear first and is most important. Let's keep it civil please. 

Edited by Mistery14

Lots of players driving like there's no tomorrow, often crashing with someone/something and self-voiding. PD Traffic doing their best to punish such drivers but there's so many of them that it becomes a challenge.

I do not believe vehicles should get handling/speed revamp but I do think there should be, you know, some rules regarding the traffic rules. It's crazy to see racers racing through the city without giving a regard to their character's lift.

Perhaps speed cameras would help, issuing automatic speeding tickets if it's 10MPH above the limit or something.

9 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

What are your thoughts on road traffic in GTA W?

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules?

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp?

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? 

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules? - No, they should be enforced more properly,  but given 8/10 traffic stops end up with killing the cop, cause runaway killaz, I don't know.

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp? - Not needed, people should stop driving at 125mp/h through the city though.

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? See above.

Personally, I'd like to see the courts increase the punishments for traffic offences drastically; a sliding scale for severity with fines that actually mean something as opposed to a poxy 2-4k. Equally the ability to suspend someones license for longer than 7 days AND revoke it entirely and/or impound vehicles for lengthy periods of time for serious driving offences.

3 minutes ago, K3V said:

Personally, I'd like to see the courts increase the punishments for traffic offences drastically; a sliding scale for severity with fines that actually mean something as opposed to a poxy 2-4k. Equally the ability to suspend someones license for longer than 7 days AND revoke it entirely and/or impound vehicles for lengthy periods of time for serious driving offences.

This. Traffic offenses should be drastically increased, only then will we see some actual regard for traffic laws. We need larger sentences, larger fine amounts, longer license suspensions, more infractions punished with suspension/revocation, worse consequences for a suspended license (and cooldown to getting another), a points system etc. This can be perfectly solved ICly, we don't need administrative action, but we need much higher deterrents.

In real life, a $500 ticket will slap you pretty hard. Here, even considering our unrealistically inflated economy, run a red light and you get a mere $1000 ticket. Which is literally nothing. Doesn't affect you. Doesn't stop you from doing it again. Drive with a suspended license or without a license and you'll spend 30 minutes in jail and have to drive another car for like 2 days. If driving chaotically got you a 2-week license suspension, $40,000 in tickets and a one-month impound, how many people would still do it?

- Should changes be made to traffic rules?

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules? Not exactly.

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp? Nope.

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? I'd like to see people be CKed more for severe crashes. If your character takes the risk of driving 125+k/h through the city and they wipe out on a pole, then an admin should feel comfortable CKing that character for a lack of fear RP. The same should go for characters who get into police chases and crash stupendously. They made the IC decision to engage in that dangerous activity at the risk of their character, if they crash they should face the IC consequences of that. I could be wrong, but I rarely see nor hear about these kinds of decisions being made.

As an aside, I also think LEO players who wipe out stupendously during pursuits should also be subject to these same scruples. 

1 - Should changes be made to traffic rules? Yes.

2 - Do you think vehicles should get a handling/speed revamp? No.

3 - What could improve general quality of life while on the road? More obstacles to slow the player down.

In real life if there's a chronic speed in a certain area, they change the road, turn intersections into roundabouts, put down speedbumps (You get the point).

Speed cameras and harsher sentences would be good too.

Maybe like this?:

First offense speeding: 5k fine

Second offense: 10k fine

Third offense: 15k fine + 7 day license suspension

Fourth offense: 20k 7 day impound and 14 day suspension.

Honestly, I'd go as far as saying that after a certain point, cars used for breaking traffic rules should be scrapped permanently. That'd really make people think twice if they'll keep driving without a single care in the world.

Also, punishments for not paying the fines are needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic