Was Paleto Bay a good idea?

Aquila

Paleto Bay - hot, or not?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I can see where you're coming from about splitting the server and people being half way over the map from each other, it's bound to happen regardless because of different role-play stories - some people are Mirror Park people, some South LS, some Vespucci Beach, some Sandy Shores, some Paleto Bay...etc. and no matter what server you go on, people will want to role-play characters from these backgrounds.

I think we should continue our path. The way I see it is, while it may be slow and annoying at first, as the server grows you'll find the same amount of population that used to be in Los Santos a month ago, will easily return, and a growing population in Paleto Bay. 

Already there's a higher average number of players on a normal weekday then there used to be. :)

(End of my discussion)

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Aquila said:

I still don't think any of that will really change anything. It's worth a try, I suppose, but as people say: "you don't need a script to RP/have fun". If this is true, then Paleto Bay would be popular, but it isn't.

You don't need a script to rp or have fun, but it does help in that it gives people an area to congregate where they don't have to go far if they need something (alcohol, food, gas, clothes, etc). Paleto has a good amount, but its just short of enough. Hence that little push I suggested. Paleto is never going to be a place for everyone, as not everyone enjoys county rp, and that's totally fine.

EDIT: I think a closer sellfish location for paleto would go a long, long way to creating great rp there. If anything, fishing is less about the cash money and more about the socializing you get with all the country bumpkins.

Edited by Rensai
  • Upvote 2

despite not playing anymore, I like to read the forums and analyze stuff in my own way every now and then

i'm sure the management decided to expand there with nothing but good intentions, especially meeting the needs of those who enjoy roleplaying outside of the city. i've always had a thicker line between acceptable and unacceptable though (my body is ready for hate comments and rape/death threats @countyboys) 

i think expanding anywhere outside LS is a bad idea until the server has a stable playerbase of 200. sure I may be wrong, but who wants to log in for the first time and find themselves in a ghost town? i read that the server peaks at around 100-120 players. even if %10-20 of them are outside of LS, another %10-20 indoors; it will feel terribly dead for those that don't fit the criteria above

so, to sum up, paleto bay (i mean come on it's the furthest place possible from LS unless you're flying out into the space) was a bad move in my opinion. more of the city could be put to good use instead so that it would actually feel like half a city! no offense to anybody, of course! i have extreme respect, compassion and loyalty for nervous and the amazing, selfless service he offers to all of you

Edited by Bloodseeker

I have only been out to Paleto Bay once. I didn't use any of the businesses out there, or get involved with SD. The only time I ever deal with SD is inside LS. The average player limit is around 50-60 during peak hours. And when it gets late, it dies down to 15-30. I wouldnt say it has draw backs because im sure there is people who are role playing out there. The server just needs more ppl all together.

Edited by Insanity
6 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

despite not playing anymore, I like to read the forums and analyze stuff in my own way every now and then

i'm sure the management decided to expand there with nothing but good intentions, especially meeting the needs of those who enjoy roleplaying outside of the city. i've always had a thicker line between acceptable and unacceptable though (my body is ready for hate comments and rape/death threats @countyboys) 

i think expanding anywhere outside LS is a bad idea until the server has a stable playerbase of 200. sure I may be wrong, but who wants to log in for the first time and find themselves in a ghost town? i read that the server peaks at around 100-120 players. even if %10-20 of them are outside of LS, another %10-20 indoors; it will feel terribly dead for those that don't fit the criteria above

so, to sum up, paleto bay (i mean come on it's the furthest place possible from LS unless you're flying out into the space) was a bad move in my opinion. more of the city could be put to good use instead so that it would actually feel like half a city! no offense to anybody, of course! i have extreme respect, compassion and loyalty for nervous and the amazing, selfless service he offers to all of you

I disagree. Many characters just don't fit into the city life. Where the heck are us country people gonna complain about those goddang LS liberal fairies if not Blaine County?!

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Rensai said:

I disagree. Many characters just don't fit into the city life. Where the heck are us country people gonna complain about those goddang LS liberal fairies if not Blaine County?!

Paleto Bay isn't exactly country though. It has a factory and upper-class housing with some run-down buildings, that's it.

If anything, Paleto Bay is pretty privileged. It's the only part of Blaine County that isn't completely desert-like.