Was Paleto Bay a good idea?

Aquila

Paleto Bay - hot, or not?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey lol remember when i posted that thread abt sandy shores & i got shot in the knee? same bro

Do you reckon Paleto Bay was a good idea? Said this in a thread somewhere that it was active for maybe 1-2 weeks, then it gradually died out. The novelty wore off, and there was nothing remotely interesting about it. There were a lot of expectations for Paleto Bay, some would even go so far as to say it'd be the new hotspot for RP. It isn't. To me, it's another failed project that shouldn't have been done. To test, sure, but to keep? No. 

There are multiple reasons why I feel Paleto Bay simply does not work.

- Most of the server is based in Los Santos county. If the server was based in Blaine county then sure, Paleto Bay would've worked.

- It's too far from the rest of the scripted map.

- There is very little to do there, and not enough development.

- There's no such thing as a potential hotspot in Paleto Bay.

- Hunting isn't that great, nor interesting. It could've been done anywhere else on the map.

- LSCS have really nice people (shout out to Luke Anderson) but they're in Los Santos more than Blaine because of the lack of activity there. It adds to the growing issue.

- It's splitting the server again, with absolutely no benefit.

- 3/4 of Los Santos county isn't even scripted. Expanding to Paleto Bay didn't seem logical. Fraction is probably an exaggeration.

- People talked about doing countryside RP, but I've yet to see anything develop. It shows that these people weren't interested in rural culture at all.

- Server population is not stable nor large enough for expansion outside of LS county.

A few of my points could be repeats, but the main point remains. Paleto Bay shouldn't have been scripted, unless the entire map is scripted. On another server, you can always drive around and find someone to roleplay with within 1 minute, but it's not like that here, especially with the interior RP culture we have to deal with. The focus should be on Los Santos, and only Los Santos until the server grows, if it does. Last time I posted a thread like this, it backfired and the server centralised to Mirror Park, which was clearly a mess. Centralisation in LS means centralisation in LS. 

thoughts on refocusing on LS and be done with PB? pretty sure it's established by now that it's empty. I've driven there every day, at least twice, and barely seen activity except for a poor LSCS deputy patrolling, or someone looking for a house, or a deputy going on/off duty and going to/coming back from LS.

Edited by Aquila
  • Upvote 1

Paleto Bay needs a bit of everything LS has; several vehicle dealerships (There are ideal buildings in Paleto Bay), a rent vehicle, mask shop, a 24/7 actually in the town, marked icons for the clothes store and tattoo parlour and scripted jobs.

Not to mention something Los Santos doesn't have, which would force people to go to Paleto Bay; perhaps something unique to the rural culture of the town. 

If these were all placed on Main Street (or w/e it's called down the middle) like Mirror Park has, a few more folk would hang out there. Especially those of us who live in Paleto Bay but find ourselves having to drive all the way to Los Santos every-time we want to do something. 

I'm still all for the ideal personally! I'm hoping more is implemented in the future. :) 

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Paleto Bay needs a bit of everything LS has; several vehicle dealerships (There are ideal buildings in Paleto Bay), a rent vehicle, mask shop, a 24/7 actually in the town, marked icons for the clothes store and tattoo parlour and scripted jobs. Not to mention something Los Santos doesn't have, which would force people to go to Paleto Bay; perhaps something unique to the rural culture of the town. 

If these were all placed on Main Street (or w/e it's called down the middle) like Mirror Park has, a few more folk would hang out there. Especially those of us who live in Paleto Bay but find ourselves having to drive all the way to Los Santos every-time we want to do something. 

I'm still all for the ideal personally! I'm hoping more is implemented in the future. :) 

Best comment that could be. Please admin see it.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen many people "RP Rural" really, apart from a very select few who are... well, a very select few. Creating an artificial "PALETO BAY HYPE!" is the mistake every server makes at some point. I'm not sure why. I'm not against Paleto being scripted, mind you: I even think it should be, in order to offer options. However I'm not sure there should have been such a hype campaign around it, since now we got people who bought businesses there that are awfully unprofitable, and they feel like they really got scammed hardcore. :p 

But it's always the same thing on every server. A group of players goes like "I wanna RP rural! It's awesome!". Admins go "FUCK YEAH PALETO BAY!!!" and for a couple of weeks there's some activity there, and it ends up dying down until the town's empty.

PaletoExpectationsReality.thumb.png.666d2abacee1a8184f6ca8cdf8789d70.png

I like Paleto, it pretty much failed, but it's still a nice place to visit. One thing though, Sheriff Dept is just another LSPD, because I see tonns of County Sheriff cars in LS and don't see them often enough in Paleto. I feel like it's still possible to keep it alive it had map markers, more places like mask shop, vehicle DS etc and more players on the server, if we had 150 players, having some of them in Paleto would be great.

I don't think whether it succeeded or failed will be able to be properly decided until we see how the trucker job works and fits in with Paleto Bay. It's not really worked out very well so far, but it's worth seeing the impact one of the main causes for Paleto Bay to occur to be implented before we make full judgments about it.

6 minutes ago, Atiku said:

I don't think whether it succeeded or failed will be able to be properly decided until we see how the trucker job works and fits in with Paleto Bay. It's not really worked out very well so far, but it's worth seeing the impact one of the main causes for Paleto Bay to occur to be implented before we make full judgments about it.

This is a very good point, Paleto Bay is one step in a wider plan. Additionally, there was need to spread the player base out due to quite a few crash/fps drop issues we were having. These seemed to have reduced for a few reasons, one being GTMP improvements but I feel Paleto Bay played a part as well. 

This is too early to judge, it hasn't even been a month since the update was deployed. 

1 hour ago, Notbond said:

This is a very good point, Paleto Bay is one step in a wider plan. Additionally, there was need to spread the player base out due to quite a few crash/fps drop issues we were having. These seemed to have reduced for a few reasons, one being GTMP improvements but I feel Paleto Bay played a part as well. 

This is too early to judge, it hasn't even been a month since the update was deployed. 

I don't believe Paleto Bay played any part in the improvements in crash/fps drops. Los Santos in my opinion (may not be yours) is big enough to house 200 players at once. Yeah, I don't reckon 200 players in South Los Santos would be healthy. But across the whole city, I reckon Los Santos would be big enough to accommodate. Don't ya reckon?