Surrealism

Copa Cabana

To address few things mentioned here so far. Yes it is a game, but people fail to understand, that roleplay kinda requires more from a person, than the usual "Lets have some laughs." Then cops not caring about shootouts happening, yes perhaps. If I was roleplaying a cop here, I wouldn't care either, cause that amount of shootouts across US everyday may be massive, but we are in a city that has roughly 800+ inhabitants, yet our crime rate is higher than in Tijuana or Juarez. And then robbing here, robbing there. We are already at the point where shooting an (M) character preemptively isn't even considered a crime, cause your character just knows, they are gonna rob them. If this is all IC, don't complain. You reap what you sow. Might as well turn the GTA roleplay into Cyberpunk roleplay, least it would make more sense as it is.

Edited by Engelbert
13 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

Great post, I'd like to add to this part that due to the points you've made in the quoted section, it gives an incentive for law enforcement to more actively and more often target those illegal roleplayers that they believe will go along, provide good roleplay in return and be truthful in their responses to OOC questions about the crime. I often find myself feeling like the fact that I put so much effort into realism and staying careful puts me at a disadvantage against illegal roleplayers who don't even really care about that and will shoot anyone who disagrees with them just to later pretend like they left no fingerprints, DNA or any other kind of evidence. I'm afraid the IFM simply does not understand the entire point of law enforcement and criminal interactions. As a criminal, you're doing your thing until you're suddenly hit with indictments and you hear yourself on tape in the courtroom saying nefarious things or maybe they even play a video of it and bring a few witnesses at which point it's a wrap. Criminals are ALWAYS afraid of getting caught and the ones that aren't will most likely, ironically, spend most of their lives going in and out of prison. It's that fear that naturally brings criminals to behave in a more grounded level, think about what they are saying and doing. If RICO act, more surveillance equipment introduced as well as other techniques that do not require the detective to ask anything OOCly were brought back? We'd see actual fear in criminals because they'd never know if they're being investigated or not, if there's a detective out to get them or not. I don't get this need to make it "fair" for illegal factions. In real life the amount of resources law enforcement can pull to go after criminals is ridiculous, life isn't fair for in real life criminals, why should it be for ones on GTA World.

"If RICO act, more surveillance equipment introduced as well as other techniques that do not require the detective to ask anything OOCly were brought back? We'd see actual fear in criminals because they'd never know if they're being investigated or not, if there's a detective out to get them or not. I don't get this need to make it "fair" for illegal factions. In real life the amount of resources law enforcement can pull to go after criminals is ridiculous, life isn't fair for in real life criminals, why should it be for ones on GTA World."

This. This. This. It's not meant to be fair. If we have a 50-50 balance, neither side is ever going to be challenged to do better. It's just always a meet in the middle, keep the status quo situation. Criminal factions don't need to be smarter because frankly, there's no need to be smarter. Nothing works better than having tools to push people and players past their little 3 x 3 comfort zone and develop their factions/characters with a different approach. We're in that comfort zone right now. There's no push from either side, therefore we just sit here in this mess until something breaks.

On 1/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, Copa Cabana said:

I will be honest, there would be way more characters flipping and giving up their buddies if it wasn't for the OOC friendships and OOC reputation. If you have RPed a character that snitched once, some factions might steer clear of even accepting you in the future. I have no idea how to change the culture, but I hope there are ways.

We can start by having IFM not leak the fact someone in their faction snitched to the faction leader. 

• Upvote 3

I think SOME illegal factions are acting trollish towards legal roleplayers.

What I mean by this is illegal factions should be more concrete in their businesses and activities and avoid involving the legal roleplayers — those who are STRICTLY legal and don't like to involve themselves in illegal faction's problems — in issues that result in conflicts IC'ly or OOC'ly later, unless if the legal roleplayer decides to get involved with them.

We are in 2022, and illegal factions pretend like they're in the 1930s/1940s. There are still illegal factions practicing extortion to grind money and character-kill ONLY, not roleplaying their way for money like other factions literally.

Example: Yesterday, I was approached by an individual who's trying to extort my business (which is considered to be a luxury brand) out of his turf boundaries by asking me to make donations to refugees. I refuse to do so and made up an excuse that I donate to other organizations. Guess what happens later? That individual turns up to my business with a group of beggars, around 5-7 players. Their purpose? SPAMMING /s(houting) only. They did not even write a single roleplay line at all. The individual comes to me and asks about how I like that.

When I searched up for their names on forums, they belonged to an OFFICIAL faction. I'd like to know if IFM is supervising their activities or not, because it is not reasonable for a faction to attempt to extort a large business (equivalent to Tiffany&Co, Swarovski, and Cartier) and spam in the chat.

I praise the factions like DTO, V13, Conti, AP as they are looking for roleplay, not grinding money and CK'ing random people.

As a person who owned a business recently for the first time, I don't get the opportunity to run my business flawless without any troubles. I am being threatened by risking my character over unrealistic extortion.

14 minutes ago, Dama said:

What I mean by this is illegal factions should be more concrete in their businesses and activities and avoid involving the legal roleplayers — those who are STRICTLY legal and don't like to involve themselves in illegal faction's problems — in issues that result in conflicts IC'ly or OOC'ly later, unless if the legal roleplayer decides to get involved with them.

We are in 2022, and illegal factions pretend like they're in the 1930s/1940s. There are still illegal factions practicing extortion to grind money and character-kill ONLY, not roleplaying their way for money like other factions literally.

Example: Yesterday, I was approached by an individual who's trying to extort my business (which is considered to be a luxury brand) out of his turf boundaries by asking me to make donations to refugees. I refuse to do so and made up an excuse that I donate to other organizations. Guess what happens later? That individual turns up to my business with a group of beggars, around 5-7 players. Their purpose? SPAMMING /s(houting) only. They did not even write a single roleplay line at all. The individual comes to me and asks about how I like that.

When I searched up for their names on forums, they belonged to an OFFICIAL faction. I'd like to know if IFM is supervising their activities or not, because it is not reasonable for a faction to attempt to extort a large business (equivalent to Tiffany&Co, Swarovski, and Cartier) and spam in the chat.

I praise the factions like DTO, V13, Conti, AP as they are looking for roleplay, not grinding money and CK'ing random people.

As a person who owned a business recently for the first time, I don't get the opportunity to run my business flawless without any troubles. I am being threatened by risking my character over unrealistic extortion.

Fax.

If I were to make an (M) character and RP opening a lemonade stand...

Every faction will come at me and try to extort me for 100k a week.

9 hours ago, Dama said:

Welcome to Roleplay, where one must RP in accordance with one's environment, and flow their R.P., naturally, rather than fixating it on a "perfect idea".

• Upvote 1

I have to say, I'm a big fan of a server this large and after so many years of existing to have a society developed by its characters. What I mean is that the actions of every single character determine everything that plays out in the grand scheme of things. That can be social development, cultural development, intellectual development, science, and more. However, the only flaw in this theory is that, in order for this community to achieve that with the current state of its demographic, we'd have to totally separate from IRL and what it is, and assume LS is the only city on earth and deny globalism is not a thing. Why?  Well, that would be because no one can really make sense of the current IC demographics of Los Santos and San Andreas.
Examples
- It's like the entire population is living in different periods of time and yet co-existing in the same one when you see criminals. Some act as if they're in 1930, some in 2000', and some manage to roleplay contemporary.

-It's like everyone has a different sky and weather above their heads, judging by how they react to temperature. Everyone dresses on their own liking as if everyone has different understandings of what hot and cold means.

-No one seems to be working yet everyone is rich, and the ones who are actually working are the richest, and they are law enforcement which doesn't really make sense. Sums up the state of the economy and its value.

-It's like there are a maximum of 4 parental couples in the whole of Los Santos who gave birth to kids in LS. You examine people and almost everyone falls into stereotypes when you read their descriptions. Props to those who manage to find authenticity.

-The population is very healthy in numbers, yet the sexual orientation of the majority of its population should prove otherwise. Do we NPC that straight is still the dominant sexual orientation of our state? If yes, then how do we cope with the fact that in 90% of encounters with female characters, they turn out gay without breaking the immersion? 

-I can easily spot a car with four individuals in that are robbers. I even stopped to get robbed one day cause I was bored. It was very obvious what they were doing. They're allowed to do it every day, in the same car, same people, same area, lots of CCTV footage every day, but law enforcement appears to be powerless, but neither the robbers fear a bad outcome for them. 

There's much more I can go on and on about, but right now the server doesn't just feel as if characters are coming out of movies. It's even worse. The whole environment feels like it's some utopian society that's very special and unique and secluded from the rest of the world, or the only society in the world.

Edited by Gambler
4 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I have to say, I'm a big fan of a server this large and after so many years of existing to have a society deveolped by it's characters. What I mean is that, the actions of every single character determines everything that plays out in the grand scheme of things. That can be social development, cultural development, intellectual developement, science and more. However, the only flaw in this theory is that, in order for this community to achieve that with the current state of it's demographic, we'd have to totally separate from IRL and what it is, and assume LS is the only city on earth and deny globalism is not a thing. Why?  Well that would be because no one can really make sense of the current IC demographics of Los Santos and San Andreas.
Examples
- It's like the entire popultion is living in different periods of time and yet co-existing in the same one when you see criminals. Some act like as if they're in 1930, some in 2000', and some manage to roleplay contemporary.
-It's like everyone has a different sky and weather above their heads, judging by how they react to temperature. Everyone dressing on their own liking as if everyone has different understandings of what hot and cold means.

-No one seems to be working yet everyone is rich, and the ones who are actually working are the richest, and they are law eforcement which doesn't really make sense. Sums up the state of economy and its value.

-It's like there are a maximum of 4 parental couples in the whole of Los Santos who gave birth to kids in LS. You examine people and almost everyone falls into stereotypes when you read their descriptions. Props to those who manage to find authenticity.
-The popultion is very healthy in numbers, yet the sexual orientation of the majority of its population should prove otherwise. Do we NPC that straight is still the dominant sexual orientation of our state? If yes, then how do we cope with the fact that in 90% of ecounters with female charaters, they turn out gay without breaking the immersion? 

-I can easily spot a car with four individuals in that are robbers. I even stopped to get robbed one day cause I was bored. It was very obvious what they were doing. They're allowed to do it everyday, in same car, same people, same area, lots of CCTV footage everyday, but law enforcement appears to be powerless, but neither the robbers fear a bad outcome for them. 
There's much more I can go on and on about, but right now the server doesn't just feel as if characters are coming out of movies. It's even worse. The whole environment feels like it's some utopian society that's very special and unique and secluded from the rest of the world, or the only society in the world.

This sums it up. I think, that heavy police presence in areas with lucrative businesses would make even more sense on the server now, than before. Leaving certain parts of town outlawed, well Pacifica is still....Pacifica. Night City vibe seems more apparent with each year. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic