Surrealism

Copa Cabana

Just now, Piepstem said:

So why did you drive off over a busted headlight?

He must be an escaped convicted murderer with 200,000 in unmarked bills in the trunk and holding a duck hostage. Roll out the Bearcat, he's a menace.

I've had someone pull off into a chase after being pulled over in a park for going over 45 and it ended in a barricaded suspect and shots being fired with the suspect being KIA and an officer IIA.

Nonetheless, it never justified more than the 3 vehicles giving chase until a panic button and backup were called for. Unlike the 7 vehicles and helicopter over a busted headlight.

LEOs have a lack of common sense in the regard of approach to a situation. Classic 1970s US tactic of numbers and weapons win any war.

But while you're dealing with the traffic stop version of Vietnam - the other 95% of the city are unwatched.

Serve and Protect, not Chase or Defect.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

When I roleplayed around gangs for the past two years I had such a good time and never understood what everyone was complaining about. I could see the complexity, the community, the intricate politics and all the absolutely fantastic characters. When my character got CKed I made another one that joined the law and found out that 98% of LEO roleplayers never see any of that. In fact, what I see is genuine OOC systemic racism, hatred and a massive gap in understanding. Most of this is generated by the absolutely soul crushing duty of policing what I can only describe as Roblox-esque gangbangers. As a cop you rarely get into the real core of gang roleplay, unless you know someone or specialize in gangs. It’s like all the gold is buried underneath a mile thick layer of manure. If you’re ignorant of gang roleplay as a whole, you’d be quick to fall into the trap of actually believing that it doesn’t exist. It exacerbates the whole issue, and just turns everything into the old “us vs them” mentality. Worst part is; you can’t tell if anyone is doing anything about it. 

This x10000

20 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I have women to slay in the sheets, I don't have time for petty games.

Okay... you are quick to judge LEO rp'ers within the community but you have no real role-playing justification for driving off, other than wanting to bait PD into a pursuit. 

18 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

He must be an escaped convicted murderer with 200,000 in unmarked bills in the trunk and holding a duck hostage. Roll out the Bearcat, he's a menace.

I've had someone pull off into a chase after being pulled over in a park for going over 45 and it ended in a barricaded suspect and shots being fired with the suspect being KIA and an officer IIA.

Nonetheless, it never justified more than the 3 vehicles giving chase until a panic button and backup were called for. Unlike the 7 vehicles and helicopter over a busted headlight.

LEOs have a lack of common sense in the regard of approach to a situation. Classic 1970s US tactic of numbers and weapons win any war.

But while you're dealing with the traffic stop version of Vietnam - the other 95% of the city are unwatched.

Serve and Protect, not Chase or Defect.

All of this is baseless. In real-life police departments (which have continuity in this game), there is no ''unit limit'' to a pursuit. When someone drives off, he is considered to be a felon. There have been numerous occasions of people driving off from a traffic stop over petty stuff in which a lot of units would pursue the vehicle. This can be seen back in mostly cities with big departments, take the LAPD for example. I feel like you aren't willing to discuss in good faith, judging by the dramatic scenery you are applying to something that is fairly simple to understand. Exactly why do LEO rp'ers lack common sense? What is common sense to you? Base your statements with arguments.

EDT; To quickly add onto your last message, other units still patrol the city while there is a pursuit going on. Not every unit is forced or willing to tune into a pursuit or to assist with a traffic stop (if additionals are even requested).

Edited by Piepstem
6 minutes ago, Piepstem said:

Okay... you are quick to judge LEO rp'ers within the community but you have no real role-playing justification for driving off, other than wanting to bait PD into a pursuit. 

All of this is baseless. In real-life police departments (which have continuity in this game), there is no ''unit limit'' to a pursuit. When someone drives off, he is considered to be a felon. There have been numerous occasions of people driving off from a traffic stop over petty stuff in which a lot of units would pursue the vehicle. This can be seen back in mostly cities with big departments, take the LAPD for example. I feel like you aren't willing to discuss in good faith, judging by the dramatic scenery you are applying to something that is fairly simple to understand. Exactly why do LEO rp'ers lack common sense? What is common sense to you? Base your statements with arguments.

EDT; To quickly add onto your last message, other units still patrol the city while there is a pursuit going on. Not every unit is forced or willing to tune into a pursuit or to assist with a traffic stop (if additionals are even requested).

I know, I've been an LEO before.

No I don't need to justify, because given you're defending the target audience of my statements - then I'm sure you know what sort of stuff I'm talking about. I sure as hell do.

If I were oblivious I'd believe you. But I don't recall seeing a single unit at 911 calls over an on going chase or simply because it wasn't interesting. Mind you that as an LEO myself witnessing members from 3 factions online or as a civvy and not giving a single one.

1 minute ago, Blackbird said:

I know, I've been an LEO before.

No I don't need to justify, because given you're defending the target audience of my statements - then I'm sure you know what sort of stuff I'm talking about. I sure as hell do.

If I were oblivious I'd believe you. But I don't recall seeing a single unit at 911 calls over an on going chase or simply because it wasn't interesting. Mind you that as an LEO myself witnessing members from 3 factions online or as a civvy and not giving a single one.

Sorry to hear that your experiences went like that. I, however, do not share them. I have seen multiple units respond to a 911 call while there were on-going pursuit(s) in the past. There are a lot of people in PD currently that just prefer passive role-play over ''action''. Some of them barely or just do not respond to pursuits or even shots fired calls.

I think it's a two way street tho', Like Why would you drive off for a busted headlight and then as a cop, why would you chase someone and endanger the public for a mere busted head light? is it worth it? Risk vs. Reward counts for both sides.

2 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

I highly doubt you see every little thing that goes on, there are people who prefer dealing with a 911 call over pursuits. Specially since 9/10 pursuits end up in an admin scene because roleplay wise its one big fucking disappointment, (again goes both ways on this).

12 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

I don't recall seeing a single unit at 911 calls over an on going chase or simply because it wasn't interesting.

Pursuits are hella boring, roleplaying those "uninteresting" calls is fun.

OT realism in roleplay is an excellent tool, something doesn't have to be fully 1:1 to be portrayed well enough that it suits the server environment but we should take a lot of inspiration from real world examples and real world counterparts where we can as it sells a more immersive and believable world for everybody.

Edited by Storm
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, goddessoflife said:

I highly doubt you see every little thing that goes on, there are people who prefer dealing with a 911 call over pursuits. Specially since 9/10 pursuits end up in an admin scene because roleplay wise its one big fucking disappointment, (again goes both ways on this).

Well I think you yourself have seen this occur on more than one occasion.

So we both know I'm not some pretend clairvoyant blowing it out my ass with these things. I just can't defend either sides, I can only speak for what I've seen, heard and done.

I can't be directing my accusations at criminals because I've barely done in depth criminal roleplay compared to the time spent in LEO factions throughout the years.

With that said I equally doubt anyone can see everything that's going on. So it's easier to defend something you've seen compared to something you have not.

Just now, Blackbird said:

Well I think you yourself have seen this occur on more than one occasion.

So we both know I'm not some pretend clairvoyant blowing it out my ass with these things. I just can't defend either sides, I can only speak for what I've seen, heard and done.

I can't be directing my accusations at criminals because I've barely done in depth criminal roleplay compared to the time spent in LEO factions throughout the years.

With that said I equally doubt anyone can see everything that's going on. So it's easier to defend something you've seen compared to something you have not.

I'm sure it does occur, but it's far from general practice. As @Storm pointed out, pursuits, shootings, barricaded suspects etc. are extremely, extremely boring and repetitive scenarios that lead to absolutely no character development. 911 calls, especially more various ones, are different.

I'd choose various (passive) role-play over pursuits and shootouts any day. Sure, some people wouldn't, but that doesn't describe every single LEO RPer on GTA World.

• Wuhtah locked this topic