Surrealism

Copa Cabana

20 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

The only issue I have with this is that you have a few supercops that give 0 damns about shootouts and similar scenes because they know CKs aren't forced on them. Teach and lead by giving the example.

DaQuan Shanterious the Third is none the wiser than his past two characters because the same cop got shot 20 times and is still going out and about - while they CK for nefarious purposes, get CKs forced on them or end up being CKed for some other reason. Yet officer CKs are so sparse and few in between that there's whole ass ceremonies being held over someone that just namechanged - something that happens daily in South Los Santos.

I can't take things freely when the people that uphold their factions and jobs as being 'dangerous to life, dedication to public safety and time consuming professions' don't get the same strains applied to them.

Of course I'm not outing for a mass CK Order 66 moment on whoever it is, but c'mon...play stupid games, win stupid prizes - should be THAT simple.

Any cop death should be a CK and any death to cop should be a CK. 

7 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

Any cop death should be a CK and any death to cop should be a CK. 

I'm not saying it should be that straightforward. But we've seen the lonesome SD stranger with the big iron on her hip facing 7 Davis Dwellers at ease.

Pull a gun on the police while you're being held by a few and end up getting shot? CK'ed would be the obvious option, some people actually get ajailed for related things but that's besides the point.

Pull a gun on a group of hoodlums while you're out of your element and outnumbered? A slap on the wrist, move along.

I'm not entirely sure if it's gotten that bad as of recently, but it's certainly the idea or otherwise the concept I've gotten from the server's interactions for 3, almost 4, years now.

Again, I'm not pushing for a Mass CK or further enforcement of already highly-regarded rules. I'm just preaching to players on both sides to think of your actions. Doesn't have to be BEFORE you do it, pondering on the consequences you were handed even after the main event can also prove to be a very good feedback on yourself.

From the perspective of an investigative LEO, prison sentences are a joke. No one fears them unless they're caught on capital murder, and worse case scenario they can always PK out of the consequences.

Case in point, the most recent high-risk warrant executed on a certain someone, who was wanted for shooting at and killing a cop. He was able to avoid consequences by, ironically, shooting at more cops and PKing out of the warrant. I'm not trying to call anyone out in specific, and nothing they did he was against the rules - this isn't a witch hunt. It is, however, very indicative of the sort of things which makes the server so surreal.

Just the same, the consequences of losing a shootout and dying is that you lose a gun, and sometimes not even that - more often that not, a swarm of unarmed (M)s will descend upon the body of a fallen comrade and recreate a scene from Enemy at the Gates. If you win a shootout, even if grievously injured, all you have to do is AFK in a hospital for 5 minutes. Again, I'm not calling anyone out. None of this is against the rules. It's just how it is.

If you want to actually fix some of these issues, I have a couple opinions:

• First, the penal code needs to be revamped. Discretion and fairness needs to be taken into account, as does realism. The current criminal points system is clunky at best. I've heard that something is already in the works, so maybe there's some improvement on the horizon. 
  • Second, the injury script needs to be revamped. Injuries need to be treated in game, and /changechar shouldn't remove them. If there were real consequences for getting shot, maybe people would take shootouts more seriously. LEOs are just if not more guilty of doing this than anyone else. Doing this wouldn't only decrease the number of inconsequential shootings, but it would also provide a great deal of roleplay for factions like PHMC, and even for off-the-books clinics. 
  • Third, CKs need to be handed out a bit more often. I said it. I've got no problem dying, I've got no problem holding the L, and I don't think most people have a problem with that either. CKs are important, because it's what allows for more fluidity within factions. It keeps things fresh, it lets people explore more concepts.

That's my take, at least.

Edited by Bartolomeo
spelling
  • Upvote 5
45 minutes ago, Bartolomeo said:

Case in point, the most recent high-risk warrant execute on a certain someone, who was wanted for shooting at and killing a cop. He was able to avoid consequences by, ironically, shooting at more cops and PKing out of the warrant. I'm not trying to call anyone out in specific, and nothing they did he was against the rules - this isn't a witch hunt. It is, however, very indicative of the sort of things which makes the server so surreal.

LMAO yeah all you need to do is take the police on a chase, drive into a wall and roleplay being dead or something. All the crimes you committed are dropped and you simply PK and go back to robbing and killing folk with zero consequences

• Wuhtah locked this topic