Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just going to copy and past what I wrote, earlier, on a different topic:

"When it comes down to me? I can be online, 4-8 hours in a day, standing outside... can be at any location, and I don't get robbed. I've tried this... had an innocent-looking woman, whom was a civilian, standing outside, smoking cigarette in Davis, for an hour (5'4 and 100 pounds... dressed some-what flashy and had an iPhone XS. A gold-digger). Nothing happened. I've tried this with other civilian characters, as-well. Never was robbed when walking or smoking out in the open, in different areas. Literally had a wealthy Financier (money-launderer) sit on a bench, in K-Town, for hours, and was never robbed. Maybe the large amount of witnesses contributed to this reason. I've had this in South-Central, in Paleto, in Sandy, in Vespucci, in Mission Row, and in Vinewood. Only been robbed, 3-4 times, in 2021. Three were well-done (which were in Sandy and Paleto in March and October) and one was dirt-poor (Trucking in Davis in November). Why aren't I having these issues of "getting robbed, twice, in an hour"? It's a small minority that complain about this same problem, over and over. The rest observe robberies as minimal." 

My chars are STILL outside. Haven't been robbed, once, in the passed 18 days. If I could list the times that I've been robbed since 2019? Let me count, right now... around 6-8 times. I could even say 10 times, for the sake of argument. That's incredibly small. My chars have been outside, at least 85% of the time, during peak hours.

Edited by DLimit
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Goonbag said:

Stop exaggerating. If you’re getting robbed THAT often you are partly to blame. Why hasn’t your character done anything to change their habits, or to minimise the risk of constantly being robbed. Do you just walk around the map all day? Be honest, how many times in the last 3 months have you been robbed? The fact that you’re admitting that you are downright failing to roleplay after the fact of a robbery just shows that you’re trying to roleolay to a set narrative and not in response to your surroundings. Unfortunately, that’s not how this server works. If you want a game devoid of crime, why did you join a GTA server?

I am not failing to roleplay anything. I just choose not to. Yes my characters did change their habits. They don't live in LS anymore. Why? Cause it does not matter which area you choose to live in, it is targeted for some reason. Mirror Park, cause rich people's houses. Murrieta cause high concentration of truckers, Hawick cause another set of higher class apartments. Vespucci, cause it's Vespucci. I was even told IC that I should never walk around alone, cause that's the game G. Really? Am I supposed to live in trenches in an American city? Isn't it supposed to be a civilized city? I guess not. It's roleplay not GTAO which I am sure some people have yet to understand. As for the robberies, they happened over the course of the last year, given I quit for 6 months. But they usually happened during the day. On the beach, right in front of the house, in alta at community pool, mirror park near friends house etc etc. I never said I want rp devoid of crime, but when you drive around xth dead body at a nightclub or trying to reach a friend only to be pmd, that they were kidnapped again. Or buying newphone twice in a day...you stop caring about it.

Edited by Engelbert
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I am not failing to roleplay anything. I just choose not to. Yes my characters did change their habits. They don't live in LS anymore. Why? Cause it does not matter which area you choose to live in, it is targeted for some reason. Mirror Park, cause rich people's houses. Murrieta cause high concentration of truckers, Hawick cause another set of higher class apartments. Vespucci, cause it's Vespucci. I was even told IC that I should never walk around alone, cause that's the game G. Really? Am I supposed to live in trenches in an American city? Isn't it supposed to be a civilized city? I guess not. It's roleplay not GTAO which I am sure some people have yet to understand.

So how many times in the last 3 months were you robbed?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, DLimit said:

Just going to copy and past what I wrote, earlier, on a different topic:

"When it comes down to me? I can be online, 4-8 hours in a day, standing outside... can be at any location, and I don't get robbed. I've tried this... had an innocent-looking woman, whom was a civilian, standing outside, smoking cigarette in Davis, for an hour (5'4 and 100 pounds... dressed some-what flashy and had an iPhone XS. A gold-digger). Nothing happened. I've tried this with other civilian characters, as-well. Never was robbed when walking or smoking out in the open, in different areas. Literally had a wealthy Financier (money-launderer) sit on a bench, in K-Town, for hours, and was never robbed. Maybe the large amount of witnesses contributed to this reason. I've had this in South-Central, in Paleto, in Sandy, in Vespucci, in Mission Row, and in Vinewood. Only been robbed, 3-4 times, in 2021. Three were well-done (which were in Sandy and Paleto in March and October) and one was dirt-poor (Trucking in Davis in November). Why aren't I having these issues of "getting robbed, twice, in an hour"? It's a small minority that complain about this same problem, over and over. The rest observe robberies as minimal." 

My chars are STILL outside. Haven't been robbed, once, in the passed 18 days. If I could list the times that I've been robbed since 2019? Let me count, right now... around 6-8 times. I could even say 10 times, for the sake of argument. That's incredibly small. My chars have been outside, at least 85% of the time, during peak hours.

Exactly this. I roleplay in Davis, Strawberry and Rancho majority of my time and I interact with every gang there. I'm mostly on foot and I wear 30-50k worth of jewelry. Haven't been robbed in the past year. Occasional robberies happen, but if you claim that you get robbed every day you are either making it up or you are doing something wrong. Some players just don't know how to behave because they sit in an interior all day within their close ERP group and then pull up to Davis in their sports car and act like they own the place. That's when you get robbed.

Most of robbing squads are not even gang affiliated so to bitch about gang roleplay is simply dumb. It can only come from people that never roleplayed in a gang.  

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Goonbag said:

So what the hell are you complaining about? 😂 

The high crime rate 🙂 Like in general. I am not saying dont do it. Just dont expect my characters acknowledging every single murder or robbery that happens in their vicinity, cause its too much to even make sense.

Edited by Engelbert
Link to comment

Davis is actually the only place with low count of robberies. But go for a walk around the beach or try have a grill in your garden in MP and there is high chance you will be caught slacking. Its not gangs as much as people being bored and deciding to cruise around city for quick grab. Then its not so peak hours. Most robberies I was at or heard about happened in the morning with low PD and admin coverage.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Davis is actually the only place with low count of robberies. But go for a walk around the beach or try have a grill in your garden in MP and there is high chance you will be caught slacking. Its not gangs as much as people being bored and deciding to cruise around city for quick grab. Then its not so peak hours. Most robberies I was at or heard about happened in the morning with low PD and admin coverage.

So it hasn’t been happening to you, you’re just hearing stories? Why are you acting as if it’s so common that your character would no longer react to it, but you cite anecdotal evidence from other people. I’ll tell you why - BECAUSE THIS NON-ISSUE IS GREATLY OVER EXAGGERATED. 

  • Applaud 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...