Surrealism

Copa Cabana

14 hours ago, Toothcake said:

Okay? Being in the bottom 26% doesn't justify the crime ridden hellscape that you're trying to portray. Thanks to gentrification the biggest problem these days are homelessness, hipsters, and unlocked cars. 

LS =/= LA and trying to justify what goes down in Mirror Park with what happened back in the day in Echo Park is just silly. 

but the server is based on la 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, bwarp said:

but the server is based on la 🤷‍♂️

LS does not equal LA. LS replaces LA and San Andreas replaces California. San Andreas and by proxy, Los Santos, are their own governing bodies with their own statistics and sociopolitical ideologies.

We use Californian lore to give context and deepen the story for factions and characters but we're not strictly following every single statistic and geographical material available. It's not a 1:1 type deal.

• Applaud 2

I agree with what you're saying but I think It goes both way, I'm tired of getting arrested over something stupid and just put in cuffs and driven up to TTFC and put in jail without any type of roleplay, I was once a witness to a double homicide and when I told the LSPD they just told me "OK? back off" lol

• Applaud 1

4 hours ago, ReazyE said:

I agree with what you're saying but I think It goes both way, I'm tired of getting arrested over something stupid and just put in cuffs and driven up to TTFC and put in jail without any type of roleplay, I was once a witness to a double homicide and when I told the LSPD they just told me "OK? back off" lol

I'm sorry this will sound bad but I can tell you 8/10 the homicides that take place in GTAW are not worthy of investigation due to no leads or no evidence to begin the search. I personally do not like to handle homicides very much due to it, and the fact many victims/suspects are not exactly honest or forthcoming. However, about the homicide, Icly detectives are to contain the crime scene as much as possible, not have people lurk around etc etc, ie: establish a perimeter. You will be told to back off IC out of the perimeter where the homicide took place, indeed, but not back off from the scene surely? Otherwise that'd be a little dumb indeed.

Edited by nelsondx
23 minutes ago, nelsondx said:

I'm sorry this will sound bad but I can tell you 8/10 the homicides that take place in GTAW are not worthy of investigation due to no leads or no evidence to begin the search. I personally do not like to handle homicides very much due to it, and the fact many victims/suspects are not exactly honest or forthcoming. However, about the homicide, Icly detectives are to contain the crime scene as much as possible, not have people lurk around etc

It’s funny because sometimes it’s like we live in an alternate universe where criminal forensics was never discovered, and that’s really because they don’t exist. There’s a few systems in place to emulate forensics, but it’s not nearly as functional as it could be. I like how players working homicides often do their absolute best to create the suspension of disbelief that there is an actual compelling investigation behind it. Meanwhile, if you were to look behind the scenes you’d find out that it usually ends up with /sendtomorgue. People want what they can’t give. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, sio said:

i love committing armed robbery, both irl and ingame. i support and endorse it and i think it should happen more often on this server, ngl. people are getting off too easy. i see it, i want it, i take it. 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Copa Cabana said:

No fear of police investigations

Boy do you understand that the Staff has DISABLED the most powerful investigative tools cops have IRL because Illegal Roleplayers cried about balance, like we're on some bullshit MMO Heroes vs Villains game?

What the fuck do you want cops to investigate? The 100th body with casings around? Without any camera footage, with EVERY PLAYER having the same build and maybe 10 faces in total variation wise, what is there to investigate? As long as you're not absolutely stupid about the way you do it, there's basically 0 ways for you to be caught and trialed for murder.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic