Surrealism

Copa Cabana

2 hours ago, Goonbag said:

The same people who complain about people travelling into the county to rob people are more than happy to travel into the city to visit a bar. 

juss sayin

The latter happens more than the former. People, from the countryside, visit cities all the time to do whole-sale shopping, as the local region doesn't have large supplies of certain goods that are in demand. Small towns rarely have active businesses, in the real world, often caused by younger generations constantly moving to the city for employment. Hence, people often visit the city, once every two weeks, to complete errands.

7 hours ago, bwarp said:

1) seems like you’re referring to the rule where if they have a gun pointed at you then you have to throw your hands up in which case that’s a server issue and creating more rules doesn’t help.

2) what’s on you is on you, don’t want to lose it? don’t bring it outside

3) look up videos of Philli

4) admins should be enforcing sub par rpers that are robbing in buffalos and players who live lavish lifestyles are already looked down upon for robbing people, that point is moot

5) this is the reason you have police 

6) if mirror park is so bad why do you hang out there? IC issue

7) why would you commit a crime closer to your neighborhood so you can get caught? seems like they’re taking advantage of the fact SD would rather patrol the city at times again an IC issue 

8: people get kidnapped and stripped all the time, yet again another reason for the police

seems like you just have a problem losing and would rather the server enforce harder rules so you won’t lose as often 

the problem with the server isn’t surrealism it’s the fact civilian rpers fail to understand that these things happen and get offended OOC

Well thanks for your reply but I've given up on the possibility that we're ever going to be sharing the same reality. 

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

The latter happens more than the former. People, from the countryside, visit cities all the time to do whole-sale shopping, as the local region doesn't have large supplies of certain goods that are in demand. Small towns rarely have active businesses, in the real world, often caused by younger generations constantly moving to the city for employment. Hence, people often visit the city, once every two weeks, to complete errands.

And people also travel into the countryside to commit crimes where there is a lower chance of being caught because of a less densely spread population and reduced police presence.

I've driven three hours for a burger, I'm sure people are happy to drive a few hours to make some nefariously-gained cash.

It's not that unrealistic.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:28 AM, mj2002 said:

I'm looking forward to more of your findings.

I think you're still missing out on your explanations though.

• you might be spending time in the wrong areas, and/or at the wrong times
  • the new robbery rules are having a good effect
  • robberies happen often, but not often enough for you to be able to notice after trying for a few days, unless you're unlucky

if there are areas more "dangerous" than vespucci, south ls and downtown/central vinewood i'd like to hear them

interestingly i originally did this before the new robbery rules, i haven't been on since then

13 hours ago, shaobadman said:

if there are areas more "dangerous" than vespucci, south ls and downtown/central vinewood i'd like to hear them

interestingly i originally did this before the new robbery rules, i haven't been on since then

Mirror Park. Just leave couple of cars in front of a house and wait. Someone will come knocking on your door, in a mask and with a gun.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Mirror Park. Just leave couple of cars in front of a house and wait. Someone will come knocking on your door, in a mask and with a gun.

not like it’s a thing that happens all the time in Echo Park in California lol 

Edited by bwarp
9 hours ago, bwarp said:

Okay? Being in the bottom 26% doesn't justify the crime ridden hellscape that you're trying to portray. Thanks to gentrification the biggest problem these days are homelessness, hipsters, and unlocked cars. 

LS =/= LA and trying to justify what goes down in Mirror Park with what happened back in the day in Echo Park is just silly. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic