Surrealism

Copa Cabana

On 1/6/2022 at 2:06 AM, Engelbert said:

To address few things mentioned here so far. Yes it is a game, but people fail to understand, that roleplay kinda requires more from a person, than the usual "Lets have some laughs." Then cops not caring about shootouts happening, yes perhaps. If I was roleplaying a cop here, I wouldn't care either, cause that amount of shootouts across US everyday may be massive, but we are in a city that has roughly 800+ inhabitants, yet our crime rate is higher than in Tijuana or Juarez. And then robbing here, robbing there. We are already at the point where shooting an (M) character preemptively isn't even considered a crime, cause your character just knows, they are gonna rob them. If this is all IC, don't complain. You reap what you sow. Might as well turn the GTA roleplay into Cyberpunk roleplay, least it would make more sense as it is.

Well LA is getting bad now 

36C23C7C-3B00-47A1-8E2B-7E91B6FEB8A8.png

1 hour ago, kiroshu said:

Well LA is getting bad now 

36C23C7C-3B00-47A1-8E2B-7E91B6FEB8A8.png

Mhm it does. But that's thanks to least two events which do not exist in LS. 1 - Covid. 2 - Countrywide riots and general distress. Besides LS is worse. Compared to actual LA. LS is pretty much like any generic middle eastern city in times of war,

Edited by Engelbert
8 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Mhm it does. But that's thanks to least two events which do not exist in LS. 1 - Covid. 2 - Countrywide riots and general distress. Besides LS is worse. Compared to actual LA. LS is pretty much like any generic middle eastern city in times of war,

fair point but this example how people robbed is relevant to ig robbery. also the victim stated well you have to watch it.  this video was a day ago

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Cool. How many of these incidents later resulted in an arrest?

a lot but that’s pd issue on this server. they’re not doing enough in their power to investigate the robbery that will lead them to the suspect. robbery brings rp to everyone if done right. sure you became a victim but now you created rp for pd to investigate the crime that took place. 

1 hour ago, kiroshu said:

that’s pd issue on this server

So you're saying that you would be perfectly happy and willing to let PD have access to everything that is used in real world investigations against criminals?

...or are you going to prove my point and say "It wouldn't be fun if..."

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

So you're saying that you would be perfectly happy and willing to let PD have access to everything that is used in real world investigations against criminals?

Just because LEOs are not doing their job properly doesn't mean that they don't have enough means available to run a proper investigation. I can't even count how many times I witnessed a crime and I stuck on scene. There were exactly zero attempts to get any information out of me. Nobody asks about what happened, how did the perpetrator look like, etc. There are so many CCTVs mapped everywhere but nobody thinks about actually approaching business owners or just NPCing obtaining the footage (if the building is not owned) and PMing the guy who did the crime to get a license plate/description out of the footage. My car got broken into three times by the same guy right outside my business. I called cops like 10 times, when they eventually arrived the next day they told me they don't have enough resources to investigate that even though I have cameras mapped outside and I had the guy's license plate already. Cops have so many means but they are too lazy to actually conduct any proper investigation. (Props to the few that actually try to investigate anything.) They'll bring out 15 units to a routine traffic stop though.

What is more, nobody offers an opportunity to snitch or give out any information when you are arrested. They'll drive you to TTCF and NPC everything. Some LEOs will even lie about no COs being on because they are too lazy to roleplay anything. I basically had to beg them to hear out my information when I wanted to roleplay an informant. Nobody wants to know where I got the guns/drugs from.

Everybody complains about so many guns being in the streets but LEOs show little to no effort in actually cracking down these gun rings. 

To address robberies: Most criminals here use their own cars during robberies. I bet when you get robbed you don't even pay attention to their license plate or their description. You probably do /changechar to spawn at your apartment and don't even call cops and then you complain about robberies being impossible to investigate.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

it should already be like that pd should have all of the resources to conduct a investigation like irl, also i don’t care if i lose an rp situation.  losing makes things more interesting. i also dont play this game 4 hours a day at most 2 hours if i feel like it. 

1 hour ago, sCrax said:

Just because LEOs are not doing their job properly doesn't mean that they don't have enough means available to run a proper investigation. I can't even count how many times I witnessed a crime and I stuck on scene. There were exactly zero attempts to get any information out of me. Nobody asks about what happened, how did the perpetrator look like, etc. There are so many CCTVs mapped everywhere but nobody thinks about actually approaching business owners or just NPCing obtaining the footage (if the building is not owned) and PMing the guy who did the crime to get a license plate/description out of the footage. My car got broken into three times by the same guy right outside my business. I called cops like 10 times, when they eventually arrived the next day they told me they don't have enough resources to investigate that even though I have cameras mapped outside and I had the guy's license plate already. Cops have so many means but they are too lazy to actually conduct any proper investigation. (Props to the few that actually try to investigate anything.) They'll bring out 15 units to a routine traffic stop though.

What is more, nobody offers an opportunity to snitch or give out any information when you are arrested. They'll drive you to TTCF and NPC everything. Some LEOs will even lie about no COs being on because they are too lazy to roleplay anything. I basically had to beg them to hear out my information when I wanted to roleplay an informant. Nobody wants to know where I got the guns/drugs from.

Everybody complains about so many guns being in the streets but LEOs show little to no effort in actually cracking down these gun rings. 

To address robberies: Most criminals here use their own cars during robberies. I bet when you get robbed you don't even pay attention to their license plate or their description. You probably do /changechar to spawn at your apartment and don't even call cops and then you complain about robberies being impossible to investigate.

Exactly what I do with the last part. Why? Cause I been robbed so many times I don't care anymore. And if you paid attention, cops usually try to build up a case or something, but given how often crimes end up on reports and voided. Do you honestly wonder why they take it easy? I don;t.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, Engelbert said:

Exactly what I do with the last part. Why? Cause I been robbed so many times I don't care anymore. And if you paid attention, cops usually try to build up a case or something, but given how often crimes end up on reports and voided. Do you honestly wonder why they take it easy? I don;t.

Stop exaggerating. If you’re getting robbed THAT often you are partly to blame. Why hasn’t your character done anything to change their habits, or to minimise the risk of constantly being robbed. Do you just walk around the map all day? Be honest, how many times in the last 3 months have you been robbed? The fact that you’re admitting that you are downright failing to roleplay after the fact of a robbery just shows that you’re trying to roleolay to a set narrative and not in response to your surroundings. Unfortunately, that’s not how this server works. If you want a game devoid of crime, why did you join a GTA server?

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic