Surrealism

Copa Cabana

3 hours ago, Anders said:

the only issue, to me, is the people driving around looking for robbery victims. Thats just bad rp and just kills it for me. I cant go outside without storing everything i own, phone included, somewhere just to go outside

Y’all need to understand that IRL in LA rn they are dealing with a massive wave of armed robberies on rich/non affiliated individuals and their cribs. And I’m not talking about in a back alley. No, niggas are robbing people and letting off shots (not as frequently as the robberies in general) in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. 

Areas that are considered tourist or wealthy areas are being specifically targeted for individuals with Rolexes, nice cars, APs, Richard Millie’s, etc. Three people from Harlem Rollin 30s attempted to rob this dude who was former Israeli intelligence in Beverly Hills leaving a restaurant in broad daylight and when he ended up struggling shots were let off. 
https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/three-gang-members-arrested-complaint-alleging-armed-robbery-and-shooting-beverly-hills

Obviously the way that a lot of robberies go down on this server, could be better fasho. But the amount of robberies and who the majority of them are being forced upon isn’t inaccurate. IRL gang members/criminals consider robbing and flocking (burglary/home invasion) to be a viable lane and source of income just like selling drugs. There are niggas going out targeting people to rob for a week straight IRL. Because all it takes is 1 - 3 luxury watches to change that kid’s life as opposed to selling drugs for months/years and working your way all the way up. 

52 minutes ago, The Plug said:

Y’all need to understand that IRL in LA rn they are dealing with a massive wave of armed robberies on rich/non affiliated individuals and their cribs. And I’m not talking about in a back alley. No, niggas are robbing people and letting off shots (not as frequently as the robberies in general) in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. 

Areas that are considered tourist or wealthy areas are being specifically targeted for individuals with Rolexes, nice cars, APs, Richard Millie’s, etc. Three people from Harlem Rollin 30s attempted to rob this dude who was former Israeli intelligence in Beverly Hills leaving a restaurant in broad daylight and when he ended up struggling shots were let off. 
https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/three-gang-members-arrested-complaint-alleging-armed-robbery-and-shooting-beverly-hills

Obviously the way that a lot of robberies go down on this server, could be better fasho. But the amount of robberies and who the majority of them are being forced upon isn’t inaccurate. IRL gang members/criminals consider robbing and flocking (burglary/home invasion) to be a viable lane and source of income just like selling drugs. There are niggas going out targeting people to rob for a week straight IRL. Because all it takes is 1 - 3 luxury watches to change that kid’s life as opposed to selling drugs for months/years and working your way all the way up. 

Hate to break it for you champ, but just one article about a trio robbing someone does not excuse dozen cars prowling LS everyday. Infact LAPD reported decrease of robberies and burglaries since 2020 and rise of murder rate towards late 2021 and 2022. Plus the crime rate sparked up with the pandemic which we do not roleplay on the server.

And lastly, I find citing real life statistics rather silly simply because LS has higher crime rate than LA per person and we have only 800+ inhabitants in the city, while LA has millions. According to the numbers, standard player can be subjected to a robbery twice a day, or more if they are unlucky.

Oh btw. I'd rather just steal cash instead of some 500K watch, cause that's a sureway to get caught as the watch was probably designer item, limited on sale and probably with a serial number too. So easily tracked down if they tried to sell it.

Edited by Engelbert
4 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Hate to break it for you champ, but just one article about a trio robbing someone does not excuse dozen cars prowling LS everyday. Infact LAPD reported decrease of robberies and burglaries since 2020 and rise of murder rate towards late 2021 and 2022. Plus the crime rate sparked up with the pandemic which we do not roleplay on the server.

And lastly, I find citing real life statistics rather silly simply because LS has higher crime rate than LA per person and we have only 800+ inhabitants in the city, while LA has millions. According to the numbers, standard player can be subjected to a robbery twice a day, or more if they are unlucky.

Oh btw. I'd rather just steal cash instead of some 500K watch, cause that's a sureway to get caught as the watch was probably designer item, limited on sale and probably with a serial number too. So easily tracked down if they tried to sell it.

There are 15,000+ robberies per year in LA, in 2020 there were 15,221 reported robberies... That means that there were 42 robberies a day that took place in LA, I doubt that GTAW experiences too much over that 

4 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

There are 15,000+ robberies per year in LA, in 2020 there were 15,221 reported robberies... That means that there were 42 robberies a day that took place in LA, I doubt that GTAW experiences too much over that 

Yes 42 robberies per day in a multi million city hundred times the size of LS. We top that pretty much every hour cause our numbers are way too low for the crime rate we have.

10 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

This is from LA County, not LA. Which houses about 10 million people, LA houses about 4 million. The per-day average of robberies in LA (judging from the latest 2021 figure) would be around 20 robberies a day out of 4 million, which comes out to a chance of 0.00005% of getting robbed a day in LA (over-all, this doesn't factor in location.)

Also some on here have been stating that robberies have been surging in LA as of late, that's not true. The LAPD chief has claimed that violent acts and robberies have been increasing, however this only is true if you cherry pick your data from 2020, in which there's a 4%~ rise, however if you account for the change since 2019, it's closer to -14% down-trend in robberies. This is because the LAPD chief is pushing for a 12% increase in their budget and so they're cherry picking data to justify the budget increase; crime, over-all (except in gang-on-gang murders) is largely on the downtrend, as it has been for decades. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lapd-warn-crime-wave-data-show-theft-robberies-rcna9236

9 hours ago, The Plug said:

What are the stats on the successful apprehension of the perpetrators behind these crimes. I've got a feeling that it's going to be considerably higher than what we see ingame.

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

What are the stats on the successful apprehension of the perpetrators behind these crimes. I've got a feeling that it's going to be considerably higher than what we see ingame.

I'm sure that at least 1 person is in jail for robbing IRL. Here no one is. That should say enough.
But either way, we can't go claiming facts from IRL LA whenever there's a suitable occassion and at the same time ignore all other traits of LA cause we don't like them.

Edited by Gambler
1 hour ago, Gambler said:

we can't go claiming facts from IRL LA whenever there's a suitable occassion and at the same time ignore all other traits of LA cause we don't like them.

Which is precisely why I asked for the other stats. The other's point was that "robberies are happening a lot" and I hoped to point out that arrests were likely happening a lot too...

Except, they won't answer with the real world stats of arrests related to robbery crimes in the area, because they want to ignore that and focus on certain, specific traits of LA that they DO like.

Realism only matters when it's beneficial. Point out that some of their activities are unrealistic, and suddenly the argument goes to "It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Realism shouldn't factor in." and then in the same breath say "You can't run away in fear because that's not realistic. Reported, idiot."

Edited by DasFroggy
27 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Which is precisely why I asked for the other stats. The other's point was that "robberies are happening a lot" and I hoped to point out that arrests were likely happening a lot too...

Except, they won't answer with the real world stats of arrests related to robbery crimes in the area, because they want to ignore that and focus on certain, specific traits of LA that they DO like.

Realism only matters when it's beneficial. Point out that some of their activities are unrealistic, and suddenly the argument goes to "It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Realism shouldn't factor in." and then in the same breath say "You can't run away in fear because that's not realistic. Reported, idiot."

Oh ye I totally agree with you. I was just saving that guy the time to look up unncessary stats.

On 1/4/2022 at 7:05 AM, Copa Cabana said:

• Create initiatives and opportunities, both from OOC and IC standpoints for investigative journalism into crime. I would LOVE to see more crime journalists digging in and exposing facts about local criminal groups for the rest of the server to acknowledge ICly.

This would be more than great.

• Wuhtah locked this topic