Surrealism

Copa Cabana

8 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

While I agree that police should not be there to 'police the server', empowering LEO factions with certain tools should - in my mind - help to create smarter criminals. 

There's no limit to how smart you can get, as long as you adapt.

There is a limit to how much you can adapt though. You're limited by the tools and resources you have.

A pet peeves of mine is how many tools LEOs are given per update(s) as compared to ones that aren't LEO directed or simple QOL functions.

Especially related to cars and basic vehicular crime. I can't remove my own vehicle's plate and that really sets me off. I can't make it unscannable neither can I hide it in any script function to combat those tools given to LEOs.

So if I can't hide, best is I don't get caught - right? So the obvious solution is to buy a faster car. But...interceptors already do 135mph, and I don't think dropping 300-600k on a faster car is really keeping it low, especially if it's easily recognizable.

Even so, I'm physically limited by the server handling files to how fast I can go on a given vehicle.

So if I can't hide and I can't run away...well I have to try my best at evading.

But then I'm met by 7 vehicles whose handling was finely tuned to perform as best it can, whose drivers are equipped with kevlar, high powered pistols, shotguns or rifles and are in constant contact with eachother not to mention a relatively fast air support asset with an NVG/Thermal camera and automatic locking and reading functions.

So if I try to run - I get caught.

If I try to hide - I really can't.

If I try to evade - I'm only delaying the inevitable.

If I try to return fire - I'll most likely attend my own funeral with a different character.

If I try to adapt and refine my roleplay to a basic ideal of mere vehicular nuissance, not only would I get called a mallrat by community members, I'd probably get ajailed for "cop baiting" or unrealistic driving.

The few people that get creative during vehicle chases end up ajailed, let's be real. I'd ajail you too if you decided to fly off a cliff in a scooter to escape the cops, but I'd have a fine laugh at it.

Mind you I'm aware there's solutions and answers to this hypothetical case of mine, as expected. But this is my view of how simple things can get and how easily I was turned away from even attempting what I mentioned here.

And mind you this isn't a one sided view. I was doing Traffic Patrol roleplay in 2019 when lots of today's tools were mere ideas and the vehicle "meta" was blatantly visible AND viable. And yes, I've experienced and had a glimpse at 2021 LEO roleplay and past vehicular crime attempts.

Edited by Blackbird
29 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

-snip-

The only thing that bugs me are cops who would rather die and/or hurt members of the public instead of pulling out of a pursuit when they have the suspect's details, if you have to drive oncoming lanes and cut across sidewalks almost killing innocent people in the process you're doing more harm than good when you can just back the fuck out of the pursuit and kick down their door later.

Everything else though I don't really mind? I like being scared of the power and surveillance cops have when doing illegal shit, if I could dust the cops easily what's the point? It's still 100% possible to evade the cops when caught if you really know what you're doing but just like IRL if you've been careless enough to attract the attention of the cops you've basically lost anyway, at least in the long-term. 

28 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

The only thing that bugs me are cops who would rather die and/or hurt members of the public instead of pulling out of a pursuit when they have the suspect's details, if you have to drive oncoming lanes and cut across sidewalks almost killing innocent people in the process you're doing more harm than good when you can just back the fuck out of the pursuit and kick down their door later. 

Very good point. Those pursuits also tarnish the PDs ability to do their jobs. One ricer tries to evade and suddenly half of all IG officers are flying like rockets in pursuit. Good luck getting someone to respond to your 911 call when there is an ongoing chase.

• Upvote 3

I want to preface this by saying that I totally agree with Copa Cabana here, there's a big lack of realism in terms of the execution of roleplay concepts, there are also a lot of outdated practices being executed, like 80s and 90s style extortions, outdated schemes and inaccurate faction concepts. All of this makes very little sense in this day and age.

Organized crime groups should be fearing law enforcement right now, but they are not. And I will give you an insight from an organized crime RPer why that is the case: I personally feel that roleplaying organized crime, at this time, is a walk in the park, because there is a lack of legal scrutiny. As it stands right now, organized crime is very incautious about their dealings, this would result in exposure to possible wires, bugs and other means of surveillance. Which are clearly not in place, sadly. The amount of times that I have seen other RPers and factions expose themselves in an unsafe environment is insane. Entire factions would be dismantled within the a matter of days, had this been a real life situation with reputable organized crime groups in a city like Los Angeles.

Edited by Jimenez
19 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

Very good point. Those pursuits also tarnish the PDs ability to do their jobs. One ricer tries to evade and suddenly half of all IG officers are flying like rockets in pursuit. Good luck getting someone to respond to your 911 call when there is an ongoing chase.

Definitely never got myself pulled over to intentionally run from a traffic stop so a friend on the other end of the city can do as they please without having to worry about police presence

%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AD%D8%A8-%D9%87%D9%84%D8

20 minutes ago, Jimenez said:

I want to preface this by saying that I totally agree with Copa Cabana here, there's a big lack of realism in terms of the execution of roleplay concepts, there are also a lot of outdated practices being executed, like 80s and 90s style extortions, outdated schemes and inaccurate faction concepts. All of this makes very little sense in this day and age.

Organized crime groups should be fearing law enforcement right now, but they are not. And I will give you an insight from an organized crime RPer why that is the case: I personally feel that roleplaying organized crime, at this time, is a walk in the park, because there is a lack of legal scrutiny. As it stands right now, organized crime is very incautious about their dealings, this would result in exposure to possible wires, bugs and other means of surveillance. Which are clearly not in place, sadly. The amount of times that I have seen other RPers and factions expose themselves in an unsafe environment is insane. Entire factions would be dismantled within the a matter of days, had this been a real life situation with reputable organized crime groups in a city like Los Angeles.

Exactly. Of course, we can give some lee-way to stray a bit to the side from "realism" since this is a roleplay server in a video game, I don't mind the fact that there are 2 crime families and numerous other crews of Italian-American descent operating in LS, despite LCN presence in Los Angeles currently being rather minimal. However, what we shouldn't accept is every organized crime group doing 1:1 same things as the other group, differences only being in rank structure and nationalities. Pick any given organized crime faction and you will find them engaged in: extortion, gun dealing, prostitution, drug dealing, credit card skimming, car theft rings and occasional robberies here and there. Every thread is basically those 7 crimes (the "brighter" ones sometimes post a fake charity too) over and over again with some generic roleplay sprinkled in between. Let me be clear though, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing different things. The construction industry RP as well as certain elements of the ports have stemmed from the Martorano family not being afraid to do something different. (I'm biased because that's the faction I spent most time with.)

13 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Definitely never got myself pulled over to intentionally run from a traffic stop so a friend on the other end of the city can do as they please without having to worry about police presence

%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AD%D8%A8-%D9%87%D9%84%D8

LMAO and I thought that was a joke.

Seems like the joke here is that is actually a thing. I won't deny, I've seen players outright admit they don't respond to calls that aren't shootouts or chases.

I can understand everyone's willingness to take this as a game and enjoy what they must, but when that procedure repeats itself to the point it becomes routine - it's utterly shameful.

If you, the reader, do what I mentioned above - you disgrace your faction leaders and tarnish all of their effort and work by doing such. Thousands of hours poured into detailing guides and roleplay only for you to pull a Crazy Nervous: Cops and Robbers with TeamSpeak with another lolplayer or even average criminal joe that's trying to develop his own being.

I admit, I rather be known as toxic and have no faction take me into their arms (as it currently is), than be a known abuser and charlatan of LEO roleplay and it's responsabilities when someone twice as better than you or myself could be in your place.

And mind you that whilst this may be my usual rant to LEO rpers, it applies to criminal ones as well and everyone in general that's under leadership. I HAVEN'T done a lot of criminal roleplay during my years, but it's the same rule. At least give credit and praise to those that worked hard and gave you a chance by using what they taught you properly.

I may have issues with leadership myself, but I can't deny that leaders are picked for their capabilities and past achievements - whether we like it or not.

Edited by Blackbird
7 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

LMAO and I thought that was a joke.

Seems like the joke here is that is actually a thing. I won't deny, I've seen players outright admit they don't respond to calls that aren't shootouts or chases.

I can understand everyone's willingness to take this as a game and enjoy what they must, but when that procedure repeats itself to the point it becomes routine - it's utterly shameful.

If you, the reader, do what I mentioned above - you disgrace your faction leaders and tarnish all of their effort and work by doing such. Thousands of hours poured into detailing guides and roleplay only for you to pull a Crazy Nervous: Cops and Robbers with TeamSpeak with another lolplayer or even average criminal joe that's trying to develop his own being.

I admit, I rather be known as toxic and have no faction take me into their arms (as it currently is), than be a known abuser and charlatan of LEO roleplay and it's responsabilities when someone twice as better than you or myself could be in your place.

throwback to this over a busted headlight !

KWVycXs.png

https://streamable.com/i6g6zd

Throwback to all this over a busted headlight !

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Wuhtah locked this topic