Hyperrealism and gatekeeping role-play

Mahitto

From a faction POV; If you don't have the OOC knowledge (Or the time/interest to invest in gaining that OOC knowledge) then I don't think it's a fair expectation to just be accomodated for. At least from an illegal faction perspective, most faction leaders want to achieve a specific standard when it comes to character portrayal. I don't think it's an unfair ask considering this is a heavy roleplay server and at the end of the day the decision making for that is up to the faction leaders.

1 hour ago, TinyPotato said:

ask urself this: does this enhance the RP of those around me, or is this bs cus i love guns/cars irl so im autisticly shoving detail in peoples faces

if your /examine is a paragraph but its all perfume and sunglasses brands its useless to me and i despise u

if ur /examine is 2 sentences but gives a meaningful description from boring basics (height/build) to relevant details (important tattoos) to the its-n-bits GTA:W peds can't capture (posture, expression, speaking cadence) then that's detail i can engage with when RPing with you

unfortunately i think we're in the minority for this kind of thing, or it wouldn't all be as prominent as it currently is and i reckon it's passively encouraged because people see examples and follow along

• Wuhtah locked this topic