Fort Zancudo -- Military RP

I'd love to see some sort of Air National Guard and Army National Guard. +1

This counts into a lot of responses where the military might provide support, such as the Davis riot, and other rescue operations as needed. But overall, I think it would be a good idea as long as the right leadership with the right mindset is selected.

Edited by DomThomson

DEPLOY THE NAVY SEALS TO FEND AGAINST THE CHAMBERLAIN MENACE !!! THESE DAVIS ROLEPLAYERS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND SHOOTING COPS WHO ARE TAKING A KNEE INFRONT OF THEM!!!

what the fuck roleplay would you do in the military lmao there's no terrorist organizations allowed in gta world you'd be stuck sitting in the base doing absolutely nothing lmao you gonna deploy the paratroopers on rancho???

27 minutes ago, Sim said:

DEPLOY THE NAVY SEALS TO FEND AGAINST THE CHAMBERLAIN MENACE !!! THESE DAVIS ROLEPLAYERS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND SHOOTING COPS WHO ARE TAKING A KNEE INFRONT OF THEM!!!

what the fuck roleplay would you do in the military lmao there's no terrorist organizations allowed in gta world you'd be stuck sitting in the base doing absolutely nothing lmao you gonna deploy the paratroopers on rancho???

You need to keep the national guard RP 'boring' to the extent that people with a particular mindset will not be attracted to it. This is not Call of Duty, or Counter Strike. You can have a successful National Guard faction if all the roleplayers who can't think of anything other than shooting are kept as far away from it as possible.

5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

This kind of goes against the entire premise of roleplaying in the first place. This shouldn't be a relevant argument. You can make a lot of proper arguments against this concept, like immature players not part of this faction will abuse anything related to the military. But a type of normal roleplay not being needed is never a good response.

There are countless of opportunities for military roleplay, and plenty of experienced roleplayers out there that could do a good job at this. Are they all playing GTA? Probably not. Are there many players in GTAW that can't be trusted with this concept? Definitely! However, this isn't really all that different from standards maintained in a LEO faction, except that by design it should have far less interaction with random characters.

I wholeheartedly support at least further exploring this concept, especially now that Cayo Perico is available.

This can serve as a training location for a military (national guard) faction to do more active roleplay than just basic training and vehicle maintenance in Fort Zancudo. One of the major problems with Cayo Perico, beyond problematic performance, was that the environment is too militaristic in its theme. This is no barrier to roleplaying there, on occasion, with a national guard faction to roleplay a military exercise. One of the major problems with any military faction is that you can't really perform any active roleplay without running into the civilian population too easily. Cayo Perico can provide a solution to this.

Please LFM, just explore the possibilities instead of rejecting it because that's just how things are done.

excellent take.

In my opinion, national guard RP for people covering the mundane "One weekend a month, two weeks a year" drill and annual training routine would be appeasing for those who'd like to see some military-esque RP while also keeping things realistic and reasonable.

i think some people forget that theres more to the military than warfare, fighting and combat, only 30% of the military is combat arms aka the people that actually go out and fight and im not just talking infantry but mechanized, cavalry, air squadrons etc

i actually do believe a national guard would prosper and allow a very tight bond to form between a group of players

ur biggest adversary atm is legal faction management who will undoubtedly say no and lock this 

Coming from a non-American player I must say that... There may be some success in it, perhaps... figure some interesting RP to do, maybe staff team can make random events happen now and then to entertain the RP, simulate the National Guard protecting the country? I mean... IRL army doesn't get disbanded when there's no war. 

I'd suggest giving it a chance, if it works, hell... maybe even I'll join. If not? Cry about it 😞 At least an attempt was made. 

Overall, I believe it's something which can prosper.

I think as long as it's focused on military life RP and NOT flexing guns and apaches/tanks onto the wider community it could be really fun.  Possible restrictions to keep it under control:

They only get the "airsoft" rifles to practice with, inside.

No tanks or armed helicopters - maybe just that cargo-ey type one.

Soldiers not to leave a certain perimeter (just like a circle around the base, enough to go on runs in a group etc).

Never used as LEOs, i.e. they are never called on to "help" in riots.  Most they can do is enforce access control at the base entry.

Made a crime free zone (to avoid trolls attempting to bait the military).

7 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I think as long as it's focused on military life RP and NOT flexing guns and apaches/tanks onto the wider community it could be really fun.  Possible restrictions to keep it under control:

They only get the "airsoft" rifles to practice with, inside.

No tanks or armed helicopters - maybe just that cargo-ey type one.

Soldiers not to leave a certain perimeter (just like a circle around the base, enough to go on runs in a group etc).

Never used as LEOs, i.e. they are never called on to "help" in riots.  Most they can do is enforce access control at the base entry.

Made a crime free zone (to avoid trolls attempting to bait the military).

This, plus Cayo Perico as training grounds.

• Jeff_ locked this topic