Brutally Wounded instead of Player Kill - what do you think?

alina2137

Vote here.  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

I'm surprised about all the "no"s because this system here is the most common, on non-GTA RP games. Most of which have much higher RP standards than GTAW or GTA servers in general, really. 

It has a fair few drawbacks, but doesn't create any of the major problems caused by PKs - namely the weird OOC meta-problems around your character dying-but-not-dying-but-he-died-but-no-really-just-figure-it-out-lol. Stuff like stories not being straight with your faction, with witnesses who have to find a way to go around it, about the people who killed you now having to find a reason why they don't hate your char anymore without making it completely fucked up ("Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah we killed that fool. Oh you're also Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah must be another one definitely."). 

Once more it's not perfect, but it removes a lot of problems. 

a lot of these responses could do with elaboration but it seems like they're incapable of that

but anything that depends on having more admin involvement and emergency services/player activity is probably going to be problematic

it's a good idea because player kills cause a lot of canonical issues when you're playing a game where you're bound to bump into your killer in the same day, but considering the current response times of admins i don't think this would work well

There's already a clear distinction between "wounded" (what is currently proposed to be renamed to "brutally wounded") "knocked out" (able to be helped up from fist damage etc.) and "dead". This doesn't impose anything at all other than a rename of the system on the server at this time. That is precisely how it worked on the other big server that I presume the original post was referencing, or at least is where the term "brutally wounded" was first used in a GTA roleplay game.

Petty and wrongful deaths in that regard need to be enforced by staff and curbed to the point where they don't occur anymore, there is no other solution to things. Players who simply want to screw with someone will always circumvent whatever system is presented to them and go out of their way to bring a person they don't like into a failstate, i.e. forcing them into an animation and making them lose their items.

53 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

To those who are so convinced that this isn't a good suggestion and just reply with 'no', feel free to elaborate on why this is the case.

My issue with suggestion is that EMT are understaffed, always has been too. Past GTA RP communities I been too suffered from the same fate where they had too few on to handle the sheer amount of emergency calls coming in.

This all stems from the mentality of people Roleplaying, looking for altercations, causing said altercations, tl;dr looking for a reason to shoot/fight someone with or without a weapon. Resulting in more injured than we have injured from MVA's. A few nights ago on my character I was asked by a faction member to find someone, we went out searching separately. I was covering South LS (Davis, Rancho etc) what I seen was heavily ARMED LEO's running around, on every corner, felt like an active war zone, said LEO's had EMT's on their tail handling the injured, keeping as safe as possible distance from the gunfire.

In the last year or so, people escalate things to fights/shoots over the pettiest shit. Recent incident that I seen resulting in a forum report was Oriole bar is closing, management asked everyone head to the door, a certain group became agitated/aggravating, resulting in shooting outside the lounge. This incident took place in Vinewood, over what? over being asked to exit the premises because the business was closing.

Every now and a gain I drive through the city and all I can hear in random areas of town is GUNFIRE, then LEO sirens. Majority if NOT all Roleplay has moved indoors, you do not see people Roleplay outside anymore. People attempt to rob someone, said someone has 0 items in his pockets, they get agitated by going /b ham, 1~2 days later said someone posts pics of owning a riced up sports car. Report to RPQM you'd say? Admins do not deal as heavy handed punishments as they used to, at least to what actually deserves heavy handed handling. For my opinion on the matter is due to certain things that are happening, won't mention these because they are not related to the topic at hand.

Rules of Engagement & Escalation need to be put in place for EVERYONE. Regardless if you're in a faction or on your own. People escalate shit which ends with guns being pulled and people severely hurt of the petty shit, I want to see those people so the same shit IRL for petty shit, lets see how they react.

Friend of mine was Roleplaying with his friend, less than 5 minutes after he parked his car, someone already trying to jack it. They confront him, instead of RUNNING thief becomes aggravating, clearly looking for a fight. In real life, you get caught red handed, you can run? You do run, cause if you stay chances of being caught are way higher. One more thing I'd like to see is UCP application questions bank (basically a large list of possible questions) and each time an applicant takes the application it picks random questions from said bank. This way people can not share their answers especially if you change those questions around every now and then. Helps filter out the trouble makers that fall under the radar.

I do not want to deal with petty escalation over petty shit, if there's good reasoning, sure but just for being caught red-handed? That's dumb. Admins as it is have a lot to handle. Adding 15 minutes wait time after death is a problem, especially for the people with limited play time.

47 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

a lot of these responses could do with elaboration but it seems like they're incapable of that

but anything that depends on having more admin involvement and emergency services/player activity is probably going to be problematic

it's a good idea because player kills cause a lot of canonical issues when you're playing a game where you're bound to bump into your killer in the same day, but considering the current response times of admins i don't think this would work well

Yeah, I hadn't considered that. Most of those other communities are pretty fair-play and admin involvement is rare overall, most people manage to handle those situations among themselves without a problem. I forgot that GTA is a different beast altogether. 😕

Add that to the lack of FD people and it could make "brutal wounds" a long and boring moment. I still think it may be better than the current nonsensical PK system we got, but there are more cons than I thought at first. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, mana said:

There's already a clear distinction between "wounded" (what is currently proposed to be renamed to "brutally wounded") "knocked out" (able to be helped up from fist damage etc.) and "dead". This doesn't impose anything at all other than a rename of the system on the server at this time. That is precisely how it worked on the other big server that I presume the original post was referencing, or at least is where the term "brutally wounded" was first used in a GTA roleplay game.

Petty and wrongful deaths in that regard need to be enforced by staff and curbed to the point where they don't occur anymore, there is no other solution to things. Players who simply want to screw with someone will always circumvent whatever system is presented to them and go out of their way to bring a person they don't like into a failstate, i.e. forcing them into an animation and making them lose their items.

Robbing someone for the sole purpose of loot should be prohibited, you want to commit a robbery? You should consider character development before, during and after the fact. If your sole target is loot, you should not be on the server.

1 minute ago, Topinambour said:

Yeah, I hadn't considered that. Most of those other communities are pretty fair-play and admin involvement is rare overall, most people manage to handle those situations among themselves without a problem. I forgot that GTA is a different beast altogether. 😕

Add that to the lack of FD people and it could make "brutal wounds" a long and boring moment. I still think it may be better than the current nonsensical PK system we got, but there are more cons than I thought at first. 

Admins have a lot to handle as it is, EMT's are understaffed and always were on GTA RP scene, in order for things to change certain rules must be put in place. Because there's a limit to what admins can handle.

• Upvote 1

Brutally wounded does not medicate the actual problem. Which is violence of a warzone in the city. And then, why the memory loss? Currently if I am pk'd from a situation, it's a loss for both sides. Because my killer cannot say they killed me and I won't remember it happened. So technically, it didn't happen at all. If we implement brutally wounded, timers need to increase. This is roleplay, not a lobby shooter. If you endanger your character based on your decisions, consequences are yours as well.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Wuhtah locked this topic