Brutally Wounded instead of Player Kill - what do you think?

alina2137

Vote here.  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm surprised about all the "no"s because this system here is the most common, on non-GTA RP games. Most of which have much higher RP standards than GTAW or GTA servers in general, really. 

It has a fair few drawbacks, but doesn't create any of the major problems caused by PKs - namely the weird OOC meta-problems around your character dying-but-not-dying-but-he-died-but-no-really-just-figure-it-out-lol. Stuff like stories not being straight with your faction, with witnesses who have to find a way to go around it, about the people who killed you now having to find a reason why they don't hate your char anymore without making it completely fucked up ("Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah we killed that fool. Oh you're also Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah must be another one definitely."). 

Once more it's not perfect, but it removes a lot of problems. 

I'd prefer preserving PKs as it would allow two different parties to effectively resolve relatively minor conflicts without having to resort to CK applications(which imo should be a last resort). In these types of situations the losing party would ideally forget about the winning party and both groups would move on with their roleplay in other areas. If both groups willingly agree to a PK scenario where the losing party forgets, then I don't really see an issue with PKs in general.

Sometimes it's good just for the ingame personal story to say that you've "killed" a character in a minor scenario or dispute. I don't think it's a big deal to just forget about the actions of a certain character, in regards to a specific storyline they were involved in eg: extortion scheme, management dispute etc.

Edited by El Bandito
2 hours ago, getmoney said:

lol if i had to wait 15 minutes to wake up after getting punched and then im forced to not remember what happened I would genuinely quit the server forever

no

Your character is already forced to forget what happened after being punched to death right now. That's the same thing. This doesn't replace the wounded mode, this replaces the killed state.

55 minutes ago, El Bandito said:

I'd prefer preserving PKs as it would allow two different parties to effectively resolve relatively minor conflicts without having to resort to CK applications(which imo should be a last resort). In these types of situations the losing party would ideally forget about the winning party and both groups would move on with their roleplay in other areas. If both groups willingly agree to a PK scenario where the losing party forgets, then I don't really see an issue with PKs in general.

Sometimes it's good just for the ingame personal story to say that you've "killed" a character in a minor scenario or dispute. I don't think it's a big deal to just forget about the actions of a certain character, in regards to a specific storyline they were involved in eg: extortion scheme, management dispute etc.

Relatively minor conflicts shouldn't be resolved through just killing another character. That's literally the opposite of a minor conflict. In this suggestion, the losing party is also forced to forget what happened. 

To those who are so convinced that this isn't a good suggestion and just reply with 'no', feel free to elaborate on why this is the case.

Edited by mj2002
1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

I'm surprised about all the "no"s because this system here is the most common, on non-GTA RP games. Most of which have much higher RP standards than GTAW or GTA servers in general, really. 

It has a fair few drawbacks, but doesn't create any of the major problems caused by PKs - namely the weird OOC meta-problems around your character dying-but-not-dying-but-he-died-but-no-really-just-figure-it-out-lol. Stuff like stories not being straight with your faction, with witnesses who have to find a way to go around it, about the people who killed you now having to find a reason why they don't hate your char anymore without making it completely fucked up ("Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah we killed that fool. Oh you're also Joe Smith with green eyes and a beard? Yeah must be another one definitely."). 

Once more it's not perfect, but it removes a lot of problems. 

When you have issues getting FD/EMT on scenes due to lack of man power you will understand why people voting no. Because they chances of survivng a brutally wounded are so slim that it will enforce them to be in limbo 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Your character is already forced to forget what happened after being punched to death right now. That's the same thing. This doesn't replace the wounded mode, this replaces the killed state.

Then....what's the point? 

8 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

To those who are so convinced that this isn't a good suggestion and just reply with 'no', feel free to elaborate on why this is the case.

Because, PKs exist as this is a RP server played for fun at the end of the day, if your argument is that PKs are unrealistic and this is a heavy rp server, then how does passing out for 10 minutes and then forgetting everything make more sense? 

Making every kill have to be a CK would work if we had a team of 100 admins that are looking into CK evidence around the clock, but CK applications take several weeks - months to get a response. 

Everyone saying no probably remembers this system from Owl Gaming on MTA where the knives didnt do any damage and you had to report to kill people, which everyone hated.

13 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

When you have issues getting FD/EMT on scenes due to lack of man power you will understand why people voting no. Because they chances of survivng a brutally wounded are so slim that it will enforce them to be in limbo 15 minutes.

Ah yep, veeery good point >.> Definitely a con

• Wuhtah locked this topic