Brutally Wounded instead of Player Kill - what do you think?

alina2137

Vote here.  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ladies, Gentlemen and non-binary folk, I present to you what I think is the ultimate fix to:

- the large amount of boddies dropping every day
- the large amount of shootings that happen every day

- people going pew pew for no reason whatsoever

- people overescalating shit for no reason whatsoever

- the inconvenience caused by all of the shit above. To me, to you, and most importantly to LSFD and Coroners.

Brutally Wounded - a mechanic that has simply worked for years on other roleplay servers that I have played on. 

Why is this a thing? 

This is a thing because on roleplay servers you can not kill another character without proper reasoning - if a character does not immediately impact your character's life, safety, progression et cetera, then you can not kill that character.

What does it do?

Brutally Wounded is a state that a character is in after their health drops down to zero. This state can either have a static timeout of five minutes, or it can depend on what was used to wound the character. For example, after a fist fight a character can be wounded for a minute, but after being gunned down they can be wounded for as long as ten to fifteen minutes. This mechanic erases the memory of the incident that led to it. Meaning if a character gets knocked out, they will not remember how they got knocked out and who did it. They will only be able to know how it happens if a witness tells them the how, where and why.

What does this actually accomplish?

A few things. First of all, after getting knocked the hell out, your character will immediately lose all memories regarding the incident that led to them getting Brutally Wounded - as stated before. This will eliminate the need to kill a character in order to avoid consequences, therefore it will eliminate the need for LSFD and coroners to process another worthless body that brings nothing roleplay wise. Second of all, if there is a CK application filed on a character, then killing said character becomes a matter of an admin overseeing it and confirming the kill with a command. This will reduce the amount of killings on this server, but also will make sure that any and all CK attempts are well thought out, roleplayed properly et cetera.

Seriously, only an admin will let me whack fools right now?

No. Current rules allow admins to give players who break the rules or fail to roleplay fear CKs as a punishment. This rule will still apply. This mechanic will also have the chance to be dynamic, meaning CKs could be handed out to people for bad roleplay or other situations.

Why is this better than Player Kills?

This is better than Player Kills because it serves the exact same purpose as a Player Kill without making it awkward for the party who is the victim. There is no body to process because it's a state the character can recover from. Once the timer goes up after getting Brutally Wounded, players would be forced to roleplay the injuries that led to it. This means that for example, if a character is shot up, their timer goes down and they do not remember a thing - they can still see their injuries and report it to the police or tell their friends and everything can be investigated. 

This is also better than a Player Kill because one of the core rules of roleplay is that you can not simply kill a character for no reason. Be it self defense, running away or even an accident. If you can not kill, then don't have a mechanic called the player kill which completely breaks the fucking Matrix.

I have spent almost three years on this server, with breaks but still three years. I can honestly say that ever since I started playing here I've been wondering why this even exists and why does it have to exist if it puts so many players in such dumb and inconvenient situations. From losing all of the character's items to having to start over from a hospital in the ghetto. Player Kills are inconvenient, a reason that provokes more gun usage which we currently DO NOT NEED on this server with how many shootings happen daily. I could probably list much more here but my main point is that this isn't even needed on this server and it provokes shit roleplay and killing people because you like it or because you think they deserve it. Killing on roleplay servers has always been a last resort, therefore if someone is killed they should be gone to forever sleep. Not to respawn at the hospital and awkwardly roleplay like it never happened. This is especially awkward when you meet your killer later at some point on the server. Because you both are like "huh I just killed this bitch" and "oh the dude who killed me haha what's good bro, how's the family and shit?".

Plus, Player Kills have boosted this server's daily killing rate higher than Cyberpunk 2077's.

... Good morning Los Santos! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded up to a solid and sturdy thirty! Ten outta Davis, thanks to unabated OOC beef! ...

Jokes aside, please vote and please be constructive, give me proper answers and if you do not agree, tell me why you do not agree because I want to know why, for so many years PKs have been our actual solution to so many problems, when it just led to so much bullshit. TL;DR keep this topic civil.

2 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

While I do feel the PK system is imperfect, this 'replacement' sounds far too RPG-ish for me to support. Also, this thread seems more like a suggestion, not a general discussion.

It is a discussion before it becomes a suggestion because there is no point in suggesting this if everyone hates it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic