Game is stuck on an infinite loading loop

RoyalPainter

This is an interesting one, so due to the recent GTA updates my game has been a complete mess but up until about a week ago the game was working fine. It crashed sometimes but it at least started up. I keep having this issue where my game will load up as normal but then get stuck on this screen for an infinite amount of time. 

unknown.png?width=1179&height=670

I've tried deleting all my mods and reinstalling rage and neither has worked except when I do reinstall rage it does seem to work the first I load it up but then it seemingly goes back to what it was before and has a multitude of issues like instead of launching the game it'll say "downloading server files 2422 bytes left" and never move up or down, end up in a infinite loading sequence or the rage launcher simply crashes. I'm kind of running out of options here and would appreciate some help. 

Have you tried manually downloading the server assets and then installing them manually? @RoyalPainter

If you have issues downloading the files, you may download them from https://mega.nz/file/BpxSWZ5B#Y4I0VxexD_5k0PKeP8F8-NoS5kSjXVwcrjfcNN9X1uo Extract the folder in C:/RageMP/client_resources/ without renaming it and you'll be able to connect with no issues. (from the GTA:W Discord in #join-us)

• 4 months later...

Do not immediately click on the "reboot" button or turn off the PC's power — more on this below. Secondly, you do not need to run this game again or other programs — so you will only worsen the situation. It would help if you tried to close the frozen game and save the working state of the computer to save possible data from other programs and calmly restart the computer. It often happens with diablo 2 items. The game freezes, and the only thing you have to do in such a situation is to close the game and log in again. Perhaps there is another way to avoid such a hang-up of the game, someone knows it?

Edited by vonnyvaulx
  • Wuhtah locked this topic