What would you like to see on GTAW? (2022)

bncal

An outside hub forming where neutral civilians can go for random RP.  Mirror Park, Legion Square, the Pier.  Something like that so we can find spontaneous, casual RP without it being faction or OOC connection-based.  Hire some security company to guard it (would make sense that somewhere like a pier would hire private security) if people are worried about robberies (more RP business for them, everyone benefits).

41 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

An outside hub forming where neutral civilians can go for random RP.  Mirror Park, Legion Square, the Pier.  Something like that so we can find spontaneous, casual RP without it being faction or OOC connection-based.  Hire some security company to guard it (would make sense that somewhere like a pier would hire private security) if people are worried about robberies (more RP business for them, everyone benefits).

We're slowly starting to turn the Beeker's Garage lot into one. Obviously it doesn't make much sense for city people to drive out there just to hang, but locals are popping by to say hi and idly chit-chat. Had a cookout the other day.

1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

mirror park was basically this in 2017/18 but it was looked down on, and the majority still roleplayed in interiors

the closest thing now is legion square

1 hour ago, shaobadman said:

mirror park was basically this in 2017/18 but it was looked down on, and the majority still roleplayed in interiors

the closest thing now is legion square

The Mirror Park thing wasn't exactly an RP hub. It was more of a place for people to showcase their sports cars that they got from grinding mining or fishing, like the mall on LS-RP. Although I would like to have something similar now - sure, with some quality enforced.

Legion square? I've never seen anything happen there (organically).

Just now, Mahitto said:

The Mirror Park thing wasn't exactly an RP hub. It was more of a place for people to showcase their sports cars that they got from grinding mining or fishing, like the mall on LS-RP. Although I would like to have something similar now - sure, with some quality enforced.

Back when the server peaked at like 60-something players and the rest of the city was barren Mirror Park was 100% used as the main RP hub - If you wanted RP, you went to Mirror Park - it was only after the population raised enough that players could start spreading throughout the city and enjoying their own RP when Mirror Park was seen as "mallrat" territory.

Mirror Park, primarily the plaza, was funnily enough more like peak Davis LTD RP back in the day. There was always a fight starting or an ambulance and a dozen cops cleaning up something.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:38 PM, Mahitto said:

in my experience, it was all of it

yes people parked and showed off their vehicles, but people also stood around for interaction, i haven't seen strangers interacting with each other like they used to when mirror park plaza was the spot

legion square's okay, i came across a unicorn called horatio there about a month or two ago, i'd idle there mid last year during taxi fares and found some other entertaining characters also, it's very central and mildly fun to watch so much of the server's traffic pass through like you rarely see in any rp server

On 1/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Back when the server peaked at like 60-something players and the rest of the city was barren Mirror Park was 100% used as the main RP hub - If you wanted RP, you went to Mirror Park - it was only after the population raised enough that players could start spreading throughout the city and enjoying their own RP when Mirror Park was seen as "mallrat" territory.

Mirror Park, primarily the plaza, was funnily enough more like peak Davis LTD RP back in the day. There was always a fight starting or an ambulance and a dozen cops cleaning up something.

nervous had that one awkward period of "centralising" to mirror park and at the time albanians and italians had tension, yet they were basically forced to stay in this one small neighbourhood because there weren't many other options to congregate at

i have countless screenshots of so much that happened in mirror park plaza between 2017/18, it was a really eventful spot

On 1/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, Topinambour said:

This here yeah. Most people who even PARKED there were instantly called mallrats lol, it kind of discouraged interested parties 😛 

at that time the server was peaking at maybe 100 if i remember right and if you dared to guess that most people were doing interior rp, most of the discord would look down on you, it was all very divisive

• Wuhtah locked this topic