What would you like to see on GTAW? (2022)

bncal

1. More power to be given to law enforcement factions. Current crime rate means that cops go after the ridiculous and outrageous crimes while leaving no resources to actually investigating more lowkey organized crime. All in all I want the crime rate to be way more tame.

2. Introduce more opportunities for illegal factions. Sure, there are scheme requests but they are usually difficult to actually get and the rewards are very underwhelming, which leads factions to just deal in the same 5 or so illegal rackets.

3. More support and organization for the business community. I've recently started a Chamber of Commerce, first one weirdly enough, and I realized how much untapped roleplay and opportunities there are. As a business owner the only RP you get is when you open and when you need to RP with a supplier or two, but with chambers of commerce we could both boost the legal RP opportunities as well as develop the IG areas. Of course this also means that it is way more profitable to create a non-generic business (laundromat, book store, perfume store ect.) in areas with Chambers of Commerce due to lower upkeep.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Copa Cabana said:

1. More power to be given to law enforcement factions. Current crime rate means that cops go after the ridiculous and outrageous crimes while leaving no resources to actually investigating more lowkey organized crime. All in all I want the crime rate to be way more tame.

Could be considered unrealistic but I've always thought the idea of PD/SD offering on-foot beat cop positions would be cool, LEO positions made specifically for tackling petty crime and interacting with the community, something fresh and actually beneficial to neighbourhood RP instead of the boring VOIP shootout/pursuit meta cops seem to circulate around. Nothing like an obvious argument-turning-fight between a group of people or drivers arguing over a fender bender being completely ignored by cops because it's not a shootout so therefore it's not worth their time.

Never liked how LEO factions require mics to be a proper cop on a text-based RP server if you're not suffering from a disability, If I wanted to use coms and pretend I'm a cool dude with my impractical tacti-cool military jargon I'd hop on Squad or HLL, not GTAW. Let us misfits fill in that passive cop RP that seems to be woefully missing.

• Upvote 3
16 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Could be considered unrealistic but I've always thought the idea of PD/SD offering on-foot beat cop positions would be cool, LEO positions made specifically for tackling petty crime and interacting with the community, something fresh and actually beneficial to neighbourhood RP instead of the boring VOIP shootout/pursuit meta cops seem to circulate around. Nothing like an obvious argument-turning-fight between a group of people or drivers arguing over a fender bender being completely ignored by cops because it's not a shootout so therefore it's not worth their time.

Never liked how LEO factions require mics to be a proper cop on a text-based RP server if you're not suffering from a disability, If I wanted to use coms and pretend I'm a cool dude with my impractical tacti-cool military jargon I'd hop on Squad or HLL, not GTAW. Let us misfits fill in that passive cop RP that seems to be woefully missing.

The LAPD actually does do foot beats, they’re more common near the beach and in Skid Row, but they do happen.

17 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Could be considered unrealistic but I've always thought the idea of PD/SD offering on-foot beat cop positions would be cool

As a member of a LEO faction, I agree with this. Having reserve/volunteer police officers would be highkey dope ngl. But I can't see it really going anywhere since we don't really have much foot traffic around anywhere, but I'd still love to see this. 

Edited by Mescalero
3 hours ago, Jennie said:

You're not alone, the zoom is horrible and doesn't work as it should.

the original way worked fine, the old outfit option still exists but you're forced to use the lock on camera at the barber shop, this isn't the place to say so but bringing back the old menu seems like an obvious choice

• Wuhtah locked this topic