What would you like to see on GTAW? (2022)

bncal

Happy new year you all. 

Fuck 2021, what would you like to see on GTAW this year? Systems, rules. Whatever.
Edit: this gotta be a "wish list" of things you wanna see on GTAW before the END of this year, please dont fucking start flaming people.

Edited by bncal
  • bncal changed the title to What would you like to see on GTAW? (2022)

Less updates for PD.

Fix the stupid crime rate, it's nauseating.

More scripts for citizens.

Improve the current scripts, removing the RPG element from trucker script, for example, among many others.

Devs taking a look at Suggestions/bug reports threads.

Get rid of this maudlin community who report you for anything.

More severe punishments.

Stop blocking threads for no reason, preventing any user from replying even when the staff who blocked the thread is wrong.

Players Rp'ng their character like a real person, not like a GTAO character, getting rid of this John Wick mentality killing everyone in spree.

Edited by Dakimakura
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 2
7 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

Devs taking a look at Suggestions/bug reports threads.

This is a message from nervous:

The development team is moving all the time due to people mostly being students, then having a job so they quit or they just get bored of it.

I am glad you have omitted me from your initial thread listing the developers since I spent my last 5 years of life developing daily for the server, but eh, that's what it is.

The server is a passion project and must remain one : It is not our daily job, it is not my daily job, it is our passion and that's the core need for a long term successful project if you don't want the server's owner to be away for a year without releasing any update. As soon as it starts feeling like a job, you lose passion and you give up very quick.

That's why we don't put any deadlines to our team, we don't force any features. We recommend working on a list of features that are waiting for implementation, and people (and me) pick what they want to work on.

I am very surprised to see that some of you are talking about being behind competition or "Microsoft like" whereas we've been the most updated english server ever made, we have way more updates than our two voice competitors on the english scene (Eclipse & Mafia City) and we have 100x more updates than the previous SAMP servers you're all from. We used to have almost daily updates for the past 4 years, with sometimes a few weeks of developement freeze especially in December like this year because people focus on their exam and their family. Servers which tried to compete in the past 5 years were never able to reach our level of development and all failed / disappointed players as they felt like they were playing on an empty gamemode. They all tried to attract players with 2 shiny CEF features but everything else was very disappointing, and the upcoming "competition" is doing the same mistake, and will fail the same within a few months. Releasing a GTA 5 server requires years of daily work prior to be in a playable state by players' expectations nowadays.

We still have lot of bugs to fix, however some are high priority and some aren't. We were focusing the past month on fixing all the economy update bug, and major bugs are still found daily that we are silently fixing. For older bugs, most of the time they can't be reproduced easily thus we can't work on them, they are wrongly described, or even not bugs anymore. The game bugs page on the forum is a hell to use for us at the moment, but we still regularly go through it when we want to focus on fixing bugs.

The main negative part of our development team is the lack of frontend developers, which leads to us having a lack of UI and thousands of text commands that more & more of you are tired of. To drastically improve this, we have recruited a russian paid designer whose goal will be to work in pair with a frontend developer to implement all the designs onto UIs ingame, here are some examples of the work: 

N8H2RIc.png

pb1teVb.png

I7naxqA.png

However we still have no active frontend developer able to integrate these. I am currently actively trying to recruit one, even paid positions have been opened but we mostly limit ourselves to russian developers when it comes to paid position as western country developers are requiring wages we cannot provide.

I have been behind the scenes of a server as back end develoepr and i gotta agree here with big boss. Sadly development requires a lot of time and if you already have a job in real life it's going to be a nightmare. But yeah, maybe someone might wanna apply as developer and help GTAW dev team with bug fixes while another team creates new systems. It's just because there is a lack of developers and real life jobs, that's it

9 minutes ago, bncal said:

This is a message from nervous:

I have been behind the scenes of a server as back end develoepr and i gotta agree here with big boss. Sadly development requires a lot of time and if you already have a job in real life it's going to be a nightmare. But yeah, maybe someone might wanna apply as developer and help GTAW dev team with bug fixes while another team creates new systems. It's just because there is a lack of developers and real life jobs, that's it

Updates for PD also take a lot of time.

Perhaps they can also consider paying a developer, it's not necessary to hire a full-time person to make a script, many people are willing to create the script for a price, no need to pay a month's salary for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic