header
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff's Information Bureau

Official Statement
[OS-0014] Operation Zookeeper concludes with 15 arrests

Date Published: 31/DEC/2021
Point of Contact: Melissa Rhodes

Joint task force with staff from OSSB, SEB and Patrol

In the late hours of the 30th of December 2021, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department conducted Operation Zookeeper. The operation was spearheaded by Operation Safe Streets Bureau with assistance from the Special Enforcement Bureau and it resulted in 15 arrests. The operation follows the murders of 10 deputies over the holiday season.

We at the Los Santos Sheriff's Department condemn the brutal killing of our deputies over the holidays. The families of the slain deputies will never be the same and we extend our deepest condolences. We have specially trained teams assisting the families through these difficult times.

The Department remains on high alert for any hostile reactions from the gangs that remain in Davis and the surrounding areas and will be ready to act swiftly at a moment's notice.

Review our full statement by Undersheriff Takada

Over the course of the last week, ten Sheriff's Deputies have given their lives to protect the community they served with pride and integrity. During the holiday season, when families should be celebrating life together. Sadly, for the families of these ten deputies, the holidays will never be the same.We see this as unacceptable, inhumane even. Only animals are up to violence of this magnitude. As such, the Sheriff's Department decided to act swiftly and justly through an operation that transpired tonight in the South Central area.

We targeted those responsible for the death of our deputies and were able to take three into custody, others were taken out when they resisted arrest by trying to shoot further deputies. Fifteen plus affiliates were arrested too on various charges, their involvement is currently being investigated, and those innocent will be released. I am able to announce that all individuals responsible for the deaths of those ten deputies have been brought to justice. Furthermore, throughout our operation tonight two individuals tried to open fire on deputies to do further harm. Both suspects were taken out by means of lethal force.

I want to make clear that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department will do what it takes to protect the community it has sworn to protect, but it will also apply whatever force necessary to go after those who try to do harm. Be it to deputies, police officers or civilians alike. We will not stand for any further violence in the area, and follow-up operations will occur if the area does not stabilize itself.

Lastly, I wish to announce no deputies were harmed tonight, everyone was able to return home safely. The families of the deputies lost over the last week will also receive the support they need to pick up their lives in any way possible. They are our family now. May we never forget the sacrifice those ten deputies paid this Christmas, and may we be thankful for all they have done for us.

- Undersheriff Naomi Takada

Media agencies can contact us for any extra information on the following link LSSD.gov/SIB

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Junx said:

Username: XA

Comment: Calling arresting a bunch of black kids operation zookeeper, thats a yikes from me.

Username: BehindTheGreenDoor

Comment: I hope you realize they call themselves gorillas and apes, and they refer to the area they live in as "Jungles". So, take what you will from it. Refering to yourself as a gorilla living in a jungle, is more racialized than someone using the term zookeeper to refer to a bunch of unruly people, regardless of race, in an area where its own inhabitants call themselves animal names and refer that they live in a jungle.

1 hour ago, Junx said:

Username: XA

Comment: Calling arresting a bunch of black kids operation zookeeper, thats a yikes from me.

Username: Jenny Tulls

Comment: hispanic* But the cops are the racists, right? Not you for assuming that just because it's the ghetto then it must be black kids.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Moe said:

Username: Jenny Tulls

Comment: hispanic* But the cops are the racists, right? Not you for assuming that just because it's the ghetto then it must be black kids.

Username: auguststreetsfinest

Comment: cKap, 2 øf my my hømies is in the pen and aint a hispanic cell in his bødy gøøfy, racKist ass øperatiøn name