Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

I'd love to hear from someone in an official capacity comment on the fact that there are nearly 10 full pages of people mostly in agreement with one another that there is a problem. This is not something that can be just pushed to the side and ignored. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, as they say.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

n ppl cringe at vigilantes when theres enough crime to make gotham look like a utopia

I had enough content for a PARADISE crime journal post in a single day that I decided it would be strange to date all of the posts in the same day, so I split it over four. It's really really bad. 

7 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

n ppl cringe at vigilantes when theres enough crime to make gotham look like a utopia

This is what really hurts. We can't even do anything, even if we know that these people doing the mugging absolutely will reward cooperation with broken kneecaps. Any time this is brought up as a flaw of the fear RP system, it's straight to "Yeah, but fear RP rules are realistic. You have to keep it realistic."

We have to put our roleplay on hold, for upwards of several hours, roleplaying nothing but having broken kneecaps in some remote location where nobody will find us, when logically some people would maybe start running away after having the same outcome of broken kneecaps for cooperating twice in a row before.

3 minutes ago, 99 said:

This is not something that can be just pushed to the side and ignored.

At most, it will likely be said that it's being discussed internally, the discussion will be locked, and nothing will actually happen. As said before, status quo is king.

Edited by DasFroggy

I'll be honest with you all, poor criminal roleplay and lax rule enforcement by the admins is part of this problem. I mean, look at the names of 95% of the reports lol. You'll find your bad criminal role-players, and racial stereotypes because people don't know how to truly RP them outside of what they see in media.  

I'm tired of having to roll 6+ Deep to avoid Taquianavius Brown (M) and his gaggle of other wild names in his blacked out fully upgraded buffalo S armed with AK-47s to rob a homeless dude on the corner because they can't read a /ex and then get mad when he has no more than five dollars on him proceeding to gun him down in cold blood.

Or, that I can't roleplay a character of another ethnicity without the horde of bald-headed white default skins yelling racial slurs to provoke a fight, and when it begins they pull out their guns.

Don't even get me started on "Viktor Kalashnikov,"  and his band of Eastern-Europeans. 

/me jumps out of the car, pointing his gun at the individual.

ctrl+c

del

drive up to the person

ctrl+v 

/b stop stalling (as the person is typing a response)

Edited by Montana Fats
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
12 minutes ago, Anders said:

lets not also forget the circlejerking that happens and prevents any real progress to happen

no offense but i'm not sure how whining and repeating that legal roleplayers are constantly falling victim to robberies is meaningful and actually solves the problem. i'm yet to see a solution to this problem that isn't centered around wiping out 99% of illegal rp population or trying to get directly into the issue of robberies and where exactly they stem from. 

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

no offense but i'm not sure how whining and repeating that legal roleplayers are constantly falling victim to robberies is meaningful and actually solves the problem. i'm yet to see a solution to this problem that isn't centered around wiping out 99% of illegal rp population or trying to get directly into the issue of robberies and where exactly they stem from. 

I'm talking more generally, not just legal roleplayers. Circlejerking happens in every part of gtaw from admins, factions, groups, illegal, legal etc. People value OOC friendships more than IC stuff.

They roleplay stuff that makes sense for *them* and that is fun for *them*, not fun for *everyone*.

You know this happens.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Was it you who suggested locking robberies behind factions? Honestly at this point I'd be willing to see if anything worked. It would encourage people to join factions. Might even encourage the formation of less gang related factions and more petty theft related factions if people don't want to have to join a gang to commit robberies. At least there will be some sort of official medium where they can be held accountable.