Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

I haven't been robbed in pretty much forever while roleplaying outdoors but I agree that crime is way too rampant on the server rn.

Some solutions:

1. Make punishments harder, especially for deathmatching and chain robberies.

2. Make the LEO factions crack hard on certain illegal factions to cut down the crime rate. Admins should survey the faction afterwars to make sure that they roleplay the pressure on their faction.

3. Civilian roleplayers could form their own roleplay hubs where robberies wouldn't occur as much. I see this with K-Town, I've seen no robberies there because there are always people around. These don't even need to be crime-free zones.

4. Make gun assets more readily available for both illegal and civilian roleplayers. There's less need to target assetholding characters with robberies if you can get guns/drugs elsewhere. Please reward good illegal roleplayers by accepting IFM schemes.

20 hours ago, Now You See Me said:

This, it is near impossible to actually RP (aside from endless calls such as going to grab a take-away coffee) if you are a part of FD. Its either you log on when the server is dead and have little calls but nowhere is open and no one is around or you go online when businesses are open and get dispatched to a call constantly with no stop (Around 85% of them being PD calling because someone got shot) It just isn't fun to RP and usually ends up with me just heading off duty.

mood

11 hours ago, Ryoichi said:

To many guns and weapons available. Literally people start shootings over petty shit. The server would be more fun if it it was more centered around melee, bats and other weapons. Realistically have a brawl instead of a death squad killing up a block every 15 mins. 

Block wipes are absolutely disgusting. You'd be so fucked irl if you did that. 

If you drive around LS at around 7-8 PM ingame before the server safe, all you find is bodies, not just in south central but pretty much everywhere except for the county. 

The immediate response from any LEO I ever drive with when we see a body in SC is "keep driving", and it was similar in FD, we just felt more an obligation to stop since it was more of our job, but the same OOC dread was expressed. 

We had a blockwipe in hawick yesterday, next to a bar that was open all of five minutes ago. Almost 8 bodies. I do wish that mass murders of this decree required the same OOC supervision as running into a 24/7 and getting maybe 300 dollars from the register, but, putting more strain on the admin team is unfavourable. Mayhaps an application for raising aggression to shooting levels, at least when between unofficial factions? Then you'd have more brawls/stabbings/whatever, but it'd be a bit hard to argue you shouldn't shoot a guy who's beating your homie with a bat, thus leading to "well he shot, so, we shot." 

It'd be neat for the aftermath of more gang violence to be more than a /dep to DMEC, though. 

10 hours ago, gytha said:

2. Make the LEO factions crack hard on certain illegal factions to cut down the crime rate. Admins should survey the faction afterwars to make sure that they roleplay the pressure on their faction.

They do. The problem isn't certain illegal factions, at least from what I've seen, most of them have other ideas, they target other gangs, do their own thing. Most of them actually provide good RP, and this is coming from a person who is around gangs in GTA:W as an LEO. The issues arises when random players get in the server, get their hands on a weapon and decide to be the next cowboy in town. 

Then again, that's my experience.