Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

3 hours ago, ChromaticDeath said:

It has been 24 hours since the posting of this thread.
We have:

• 183 replies
  • 69 positive reactions to the OP
  • Had numerous great ideas crop up through discussion
  • Had roleplayers from "both sides of the fence" agree there is an issue
  • Had numerous staff members and retired staff members agree there is an issue

Great progress has been made so far, but progress isn't progress unless there is a solution. I anxiously await an official ruling and I hope it's favorable for everyone. This isn't just a neutral roleplayer issue, as much as the thread's about it. Bad crime roleplay/crimegrinding negatively impacts illegal RP just as much, if not more- because it forces an 'us versus them' mentality upon those who are sick of it and assume all criminal roleplay is like this. Make no mistake: that was me a few months ago, until I left PD and tried it out myself. I then realized this wasn't a criminal roleplay problem, this was a shit roleplay problem. Please - for the sake of the future of GTA: W, start handing out harsher punishments for intentional rulebreaks and give us some low-crime or robbery-free areas we can RP in.

thanks

What amazes me the most is that we have an extraordinary amount of people who all agree there is a problem. That has to be the single most telling thing in this thread. We’ve made it past the usual issue and reached a tipping point where people are just tired of this situation. 20 pages. TWENTY and we’re still discussing this in a civil manner. 

Id say if that’s not a cry for change that signals something is really wrong, I don’t know what is. Thanks 🙏 

53 minutes ago, KaythPlus said:

hands down best discussion ever made

and somehow made it past the usual hate wall anyone fighting these issues faces

this yours?

👑

2 minutes ago, - Alfie - said:

What amazes me the most is that we have an extraordinary amount of people who all agree there is a problem. That has to be the single most telling thing in this thread. We’ve made it past the usual issue and reached a tipping point where people are just tired of this situation. 20 pages. TWENTY and we’re still discussing this in a civil manner. 

Id say if that’s not a cry for change that signals something is really wrong, I don’t know what is. Thanks 🙏 

My cat just woke me up by biting my hand cause the little fucker was hungry so I peeped the thread, but yeah I'm honestly amazed that it's gone this far this well too. Here's hoping it results in even more fruitful ideas being shared in the days/hours to come and a conclusion that everyone can get behind! There will obviously be those who aren't interested in dialogue and will drop in with some victimblaming or to post something stupid and leave, but I'm convinced you could make a discussion about something as clear-cut as "the sun is bright" and someone would find a way to argue against it on this forum.

Happy new year gtaw. Drink responsibly and make it back home safe wherever you end up going 2nite

So it’s abundantly clear that this an issue for the server right now. The only people that can really fix this is the administration team and hopefully this topic serves as a petition of some sort.

I feel that rule breakers need to be held

more accountable. For example, my last report was made because my character’s apartment safe was looted without roleplay (admin verified, took 8 weapons which some were used in Davis mass shootings). It took 2 weeks for the forum report to be resolved and the reported party simply ghosted. They ended up with a simple warning on the forum which they most definitely did not read. To me it was painfully obvious that the character was a throw away for some dishonest players and was a bit disappointed that the admin team didn’t look into it further.

Additionally, it took from November 10 - December 3 for the refund request to be approved. In total, this particular issue was reported on October 24 and finally refunded in game on December 4th. 40 days. This is just one of many similar qualms I’ve had and as a result my motivation to report people is minimal.

The standards here need to be tightened up a bit and ultimately lead by the server leadership for any real effect. This behaviour just perpetuates what we see in game today and is detrimental to the quality, fair and overall genuine players of the community.

Edited by kirbyz
10 minutes ago, kirbyz said:

So it’s abundantly clear that this an issue for the server right now. The only people that can really fix this is the administration team and hopefully this topic serves as a petition of some sort.

I feel that rule breakers need to be held

more accountable. For example, my last report was made because my character’s apartment safe was looted without roleplay (admin verified, took 8 weapons which some were used in Davis mass shootings). It took 2 weeks for the forum report to be resolved and the reported party simply ghosted. They ended up with a simple warning on the forum which they most definitely did not read. To me it was painfully obvious that the character was a throw away for some dishonest players and was a bit disappointed that the admin team didn’t look into it further.

Additionally, it took from November 10 - December 3 for the refund request to be approved. In total, this particular issue was reported on October 24 and finally refunded in game on December 4th. 40 days. This is just one of many similar qualms I’ve had and as a result my motivation to report people is minimal.

The standards here need to be tightened up a bit and ultimately lead by the server leadership for any real effect. This behaviour just perpetuates what we see in game today and is detrimental to the quality, fair and overall genuine players of the community.

Most of the reports end up in an "unofficial" warning where these warnings keep stacking up because different staff members have no idea how many unofficial warnings a person got. It's so silly to me. Of course, if someone has a clear record then warn them first but don't give them five warnings before punishing them. It's so easy to spot people that blatantly break rules on purpose. Like the case that you mentioned. Everybody knows that they need to /breakin before robbing a house/safe. The person that did that obviously did it on purpose. Why not just ban them instead of giving them 10 chances? They don't bring any value to the server. 

It's insane to wait 2 months to have your report concluded. Especially when the rule breaker ends up with a warning while you have to wait 2 months for your refund.

12 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Most of the reports end up in an "unofficial" warning where these warnings keep stacking up because different staff members have no idea how many unofficial warnings a person got. It's so silly to me. Of course, if someone has a clear record then warn them first but don't give them five warnings before punishing them. It's so easy to spot people that blatantly break rules on purpose. Like the case that you mentioned. Everybody knows that they need to /breakin before robbing a house/safe. The person that did that obviously did it on purpose. Why not just ban them instead of giving them 10 chances? They don't bring any value to the server. 

It's insane to wait 2 months to have your report concluded. Especially when the rule breaker ends up with a warning while you have to wait 2 months for your refund.

All warning should go on your record. Granted, not all warnings should affect your chances for applying for things or doing things, but there should at least be a record. Hell, even put it as an unofficial warning but at least document it. There are so many admins that issue these unofficial warnings, with no record of it. People get reported and another Admin picks it up with no knowledge of their previous "unofficial" warning.

Hey guys, this is on Faction Management's radar regarding the unofficial groups issue and the primary quality concerns that have been raised up through the comments section, we are in discussion and should have a conclusion with some changes, or explanations, after the New Years holidays, so within the next 3 days or so.

As for the punishments being too lenient on the server, I've referenced this to Staff Management so they can be aware of the census that has been reached here.

When Faction Management has an update, I'll post it here as well as whatever official channel it'll go through.

Thanks for keeping it civil - there is a lot of good, valuable and constructive feedback here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
2 minutes ago, honey. said:

Thanks for keeping it civil - there is a lot of good, valuable and constructive feedback here. 

I wish it was always civil like this, however threads like these often get derailed. One could hope that the next time threads like these get derailed, locking the thread will only be a temporary measure and instead those responsible for derailing the thread will be appropriately punished.

But I think that is a discussion for another thread.

9 minutes ago, honey. said:

Hey guys, this is on Faction Management's radar regarding the unofficial groups issue and the primary quality concerns that have been raised up through the comments section, we are in discussion and should have a conclusion with some changes, or explanations, after the New Years holidays, so within the next 3 days or so.

As for the punishments being too lenient on the server, I've referenced this to Staff Management so they can be aware of the census that has been reached here.

When Faction Management has an update, I'll post it here as well as whatever official channel it'll go through.

Thank you for responding and taking the time to bring up these concerns to the right people. Looking forward to seeing what changes are in store.