Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

It has been 24 hours since the posting of this thread.
We have:

• 183 replies
  • 69 positive reactions to the OP
  • Had numerous great ideas crop up through discussion
  • Had roleplayers from "both sides of the fence" agree there is an issue
  • Had numerous staff members and retired staff members agree there is an issue

Great progress has been made so far, but progress isn't progress unless there is a solution. I anxiously await an official ruling and I hope it's favorable for everyone. This isn't just a neutral roleplayer issue, as much as the thread's about it. Bad crime roleplay/crimegrinding negatively impacts illegal RP just as much, if not more- because it forces an 'us versus them' mentality upon those who are sick of it and assume all criminal roleplay is like this. Make no mistake: that was me a few months ago, until I left PD and tried it out myself. I then realized this wasn't a criminal roleplay problem, this was a shit roleplay problem. Please - for the sake of the future of GTA: W, start handing out harsher punishments for intentional rulebreaks and give us some low-crime or robbery-free areas we can RP in.

thanks

• Thanks 5

Btw this makes me wonder: Are there rules or standards set against deliberate escalation? Thats an issue I mostly come across in terms of RP quality issues. Clearly bored people who wanna start a shootout who know they can't provoke to start a gun fight for no reason or they'll get into trouble. So they decide to try and take offense to any little thing said so that they can start said gun fight and not get in trouble because they have a "reason" despite the reason being petty as fuck. I think we've all been in a situation like that, where no matter what the person won't calm down, no matter how nice and co-operative you're being, and you just know its because the player wants to use their gun.

Had my legal character's adderall dealer blatantly show up with an AK across the street from campus. Bad illegal roleplayers are battling in a show of popularity contest on who has more guns or shoots the most people, been like that since SAMP.

24 minutes ago, gurkh said:

Had my legal character's adderall dealer blatantly show up with an AK across the street from campus. Bad illegal roleplayers are battling in a show of popularity contest on who has more guns or shoots the most people, been like that since SAMP.

And its no coincidence IMO that this kind of stuff shot up the second all the SAMP servers died. (Specifically LSRP)

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Gadzookery said:

And its no coincidence IMO that this kind of stuff shot up the second all the SAMP servers died. (Specifically LSRP)

Idlestacks became the entirety of south central, and all other areas are suffering from people commuting to high-pop/expensive areas just to commit robberies.

I don't normally dwell the cringe infested progressive and never ending bickering realms of the community forum, and I interact even less, but this post right here is the perfect summary of a call for help and support from the people who are actually trying to roleplay fun things and experience jobs and opportunities to do things they are interested in and enjoy rather than the blank stare of an "illegal roleplayer 1663826(M)" that rolls around in vehicles they cannot afford with guns even the police doesn't have access to, for ooc reasons, not that we cannot afford them. 

The wrong measures are being taken and there's an overwhelming amount of people who would like a realistic environment without the need of ooc involvement, with people who want to roleplay, rather than play a pubg text roleplay server. I'm no longer a city police officer and 2 days ago I got to re-experience it after 9 months of policing the county and getting pretty good roleplay with those that develop away from the hotspots of the server. The few hours we've been around the city have reminded me why I was burnt out with it and why I chose to work my ass off for a new LEA and help build it from the ground up than deal with the flaws of the server. 

I'm not saying they don't appear in the county too, but it's just... Too much.

This post deserves to be heard and drastic measures to ensure roleplay quality and the amount of fucking mindless repetitive crime that indeed surpasses a warzone needs to be looked into and dealt with oocly since we're not allowed to do much ICly. That's what staff should be for. Not to tell us we can't have spikes among other basic tools and lean so heavily on the sides that want to rp and make the server enjoyable. 

Good initiative.

Edited by gopnik1919
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2