Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

1 hour ago, Sufi said:

have fun it’s a video game, not your real life 

Can't really have fun if we can't go outside to have fun, can we now...? It stopped being fun a while ago on one of my characters, it's why I made an alt.   I posted this for others' benefit, not myself. I'm past the point of enjoying the server on my main character because the city's Fallujah.

52 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

u guys just sit there in an /anim afk and then get suprised when someone robs you, move smarter

Rockford Hills, 9 AM, directly behind a corporate office in view of CCTV while exiting a vehicle

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

8:30 AM, Little Seoul, 1 on 3 robbery while checking out potential apartments for a friend

https://streamable.com/8osbaa

6:36 AM, Legion Square, gigantic AK-47 gunbattle down the street from us

image.png.3dfb96d6ca063655aded4a9f748b762a.png
gunfight.gif

https://streamable.com/8mccj9
https://i.gyazo.com/61fb2f06ddf6d6df6198984793e170fc.mp4

Mirror Park LTD, 6:19 AM, attempted sale of a vehicle turns into a robbery/murder

unknown.pngunknown.png

It really is that bad. Out of sight out of mind doesn't mean it isn't a thing.

Edited by ChromaticDeath
  • Applaud 3
1 hour ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

i have been robbed once in the past like 4 months, its really not that bad lol u guys just sit there in an /anim afk and then get suprised when someone robs you, move smarter 

if the server was 1:1 with real life in the crime rate whats the purpose of the server? 

Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean others haven't. Don't be naive. Also, the purpose of the server is not to serve just the criminal side. You act as if crime rate was lower, the server would die. I have news for you, it wouldn't. Life would go on.

14 minutes ago, 99 said:

Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean others haven't. Don't be naive. Also, the purpose of the server is not to serve just the criminal side. You act as if crime rate was lower, the server would die. I have news for you, it wouldn't. Life would go on.

yeah but people are here to have fun, obviously crime isn't gonna be 1:1 because shootouts and brawls and stuff like that are what a lot of criminal roleplayers find fun

'shootouts and brawls and stuff like that are what a lot of criminal roleplayers find fun'

confused-john-travolta.gif

"Fun for me, but not for thee." I get it, shootouts and brawls are really fun. Why do you think I joined Metro? (duh) But they're not fun for people who need to roleplay the city their characters live in being an actual active warzone all the time, every single day, every single hour, no matter the district. Noone ever said they wanted the crime rate to be 1:1 anyway- I believe the majority of suggestions have been to crack down on poor RP and prioritize safer areas for civilians to RP in and around, while allowing violent crime to continue to happen in areas it makes sense for it to. Bad roleplay is harmful to illegal RP by making it look bad just as much as it is to civilian RP by making them victims.

16 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

yeah but people are here to have fun, obviously crime isn't gonna be 1:1 because shootouts and brawls and stuff like that are what a lot of criminal roleplayers find fun

Just because criminals find committing crimes fun doesn't mean that victims are enjoying themselves.

Being a cop and shooting at people is occasionally fun, however sometimes you just want to head into a bar or 24/7 and be able to order coffee or a snack and chat with the patrons, without getting a 911 call because a shootout at Chamberlain Hill happened again... the 13th time that day.

Edited by Jeroen
Fix typo because phoneposting.
  • Upvote 1