Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

A few months ago I created an alt to play around Davis and the first thing they they did was invite me to go with them and rob peoole in Sandy shore.

This is the current state of illegal rp, people robbing others because they're bored OOC.

Edited by Dakimakura

Honestly, if I wanted to deal with the amount of grief I and my friends deal with on the regular as neutral RPers, I'd just play GTAO with voice on. I used to be heavily invested in my RP and character development with my main, but nowadays it's much the same as has been said ad nauseum already: I stay inside, only leaving to drive somewhere else and immediately dash back indoors.

I miss going to all the little parks around the city and just hanging out with my IC friends, or anything of the sort outside. But so many people, myself included, have all but stopped playing because it's just... Not that fun? And I'm saying this as someone with a background in all kinds of RP both online and in meatspace for the last 25 years; playing a criminal is fun when there's thought put into it, but the few times I've been robbed, all have been pretty subpar experiences. The last time was in my locked car, in my parking lot, in Vinewood. As I was leaving my apartment. No RP whatsoever to break the locks, just suddenly someone in my car with a gun to my head. Followed by the ever present "stop stalling" when I'm having a OOC anxiety attack because I don't want to lose a character I've put over 1,200 hours on due to "lack of fear RP", given the capricious nature of the administration.

Like, I am all for illegal RP, but I really don't want to be playing what is essentially GTAO Lite with the traffic and peds turned off. Just my feelings on the matter.

1 hour ago, Jeroen said:

Some complain that neutral characters go from one interior to another, to dance or do whatever. And I believe me that this is absolutely caused by robberies. You want more neutral/middle characters on the streets doing roleplay?

To be honest, I've done that. Literally an hour ago, we went to RP in Paleto with someone, but the only business there (a coffee shop) closed just as we arrived. We then saw an (M) going around us with a quad, it smelled like shit, so we both decided to just not bother with Paleto Bay and headed right back to LS and inside. 

Now of course, having a higher crime rate than RL Los Angeles makes PERFECT sense - it might be a trying-to-be-realistic GTA server but it remains GTA. Illegal RP is at the forefront of it 🙂 

The issue however, is that a lot of that crime rate comes from this low quality RP that brings very little development, and dull RP. :x And a major problem is that, as many people mentioned, the playfield isn't even at all. I tried to mention that in a suggestion, but the "Fear RP" rules OVERWHELMINGLY favors robbers. And in a similar fashion, the "all streets are empty" rule OVERWHELMINGLY favors those poor crimes. 

If the game rules are specifically designed to encourage and foster this meh RP, then of course it will develop 😕 

5 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

more police = less crime

Wrong. If someone gets arrested they just go on an alt and then commit more crime.

Admins need to start punishing bad/unrealistic crimes and make it harder for criminals to acquire guns. ( it's ridiculous that criminals on this server have so many automatics while only Metro has automatic rifles in PD )

The server's crime rate is an OOC ( player ) issue not a character one.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
2 hours ago, nwah_ said:

People are way too obsessed with realism.

My issue with the high crime rate isn't realism, it's that it makes civilian RP not worth doing because you're a perpetual victim. No one wants to play a demographic that the server clearly doesn't care about ( compare how hard it is to have a gun as a civvie vs a criminal and how often civilians get reported for using their weapon to interfere with crime )

Edited by pateuvasiliu

As much as I'd hate to agree with this, just because I simply love the community I'm playing on and CURRENTLY it's the only community one could play on for roleplay, you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I simply don't know what the solution for this is and I'm probably not the only one. Either way, it's like the server is getting worse by the day and everyone just started living with the idea and simply does not care anymore, which is sad.

7 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

it's that it makes civilian RP not worth doing because you're a perpetual victim.

This pretty much nailed it. You feel like there's always a threat of getting victimized because you will become a victim of a violent crime.

The silence on the admin team on this matter honestly feels like they're not giving a shit about this issue. It's affecting roleplay quality and the enjoyment of hundreds of players.

imo we should:

1. give out much more severe punishments icly and oocly. this includes auto-ck for getting killed by cops to longer jail sentences. oocly just ban the morons making shitty robberies and such.

2. drastically increase the amount of handguns on the street, and make automatic firearms (at least rifles) much more rare. that way pf robberies and looting would be reduced and so would the 14 year olds wearing rifles.

3. implement a better drug system. atm they are not being pushed on the street enough. make addict rp desireable again.

4. overall push a higher rp standard. this includes getting rid of both the generic ptw thug lifers and second life cringelords.

gtaw will never be as realistic as real life and nor should it be, but getting rid of the most blatant unrealism would not hurt.