Neutral Characters and the crime rate: What's the point?

ChromaticDeath

Remove restrictions on SASP (SAPR) and allow them to operate in the city to reinforce the manpower requirements necessitated, that in my humble opinion would help LEO agencies in those jurisdictions manage crime a little more effectively. 

Support neutral characters with more neutral script features and jobs.

Just now, TinyPotato said:

u want park rangers patrolling the city? thats just silly

I agree on this comment, it is rather silly and wouldn't actually solve the issue at all- the most simple and best solution would be to outright ban robberies in high traffic areas where two or more (Children) jumping out of cars with assault weapons would immediately be noticed and responded to by police within minutes if not seconds. 

20 minutes ago, TinyPotato said:

yes yes yes yes yes u redeemed urself for ur above silliness

supporting neutral chars and giving them meaningful stuff to do will enhance everyones rp all around

Providing more for neutral chars allows for more variation and a more vibrant community that isn't boxed in either legal or illegal.

Just now, Jeroen said:

Providing more for neutral chars allows for more variation and a more vibrant community that isn't boxed in either legal or illegal.

that's the idea, in execution tho ur still gonna have a large criminal pop because it's just ostensibly far more enjoyable to dabble in

so u must make the city safer

1 hour ago, Mecovy said:

Having just seen a video of a shootout in south LS, which reminded me more of GTA O deathmatches (or that one hit squad video from Puerto Rico), having two groups of at least 10-20 people firing on each other with automatics... that's just nuts. How has it gotten this bad? We got roflstomped out of the ability to have legal characters RP around marijuana, and instead we now have a crime problem worse than El Salvador. There needs to be some grand change in how robberies and violence overall are handled here. The server never used to be this violent or this prolific with robberies.

Now there are massive groups of excellent illegal RPers out there, which set the standard high, but its not universally enforced or people are able to somehow justify their actions when the consensus is that they were wrong in doing so. 

As from my factions POV, being the final destination for 99% of these shootings.. please just give us a Christmas truce or smthn we were can get a couple days with calls not relating to someone being turned into Swiss Cheese, its becoming excessive and draining my factions motivation to even bother anymore. 

As a former FD, I feel with you, Mecovy. You're doing amazing work, and I hope you can get some good roleplay to justify the trouble at least.

22 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

Remove restrictions on SASP (SAPR) and allow them to operate in the city to reinforce the manpower requirements necessitated, that in my humble opinion would help LEO agencies in those jurisdictions manage crime a little more effectively. 

Support neutral characters with more neutral script features and jobs.

I completely agree with adding more neutral script features. Things like games being added, perhaps some form of sports to be played, and other small QoL updates would benefit everyone and give "neutral" roleplayers a better framework to work with.

My personal opinion is that punishments could be harsher for poor roleplay, and for admins to actually go through the logic with players who commit crime that could be considered unrealistic. I know that most people are against "in broad daylight" rulings because they affect non-EU illegal roleplayers who cannot log in during the IG night time, as their timezone is simply too different, but some equivalent should be considered where the location actually plays a role. And if they have few hours on the server, then fair enough, be a bit more forgiving on them, but if you have to step in for the player with two prior infractions and 500 hours under their belt, who are still going around portraying the same poor roleplay standard, then they gotta go.