[POTENTIALLY FIXED] Textures, Players And Vehicles - Not loading when driving.

Narcan

POTENTIAL FIX: Okay, a little backwards thinking and I actually, so far atleast, have fixed my game. So if anybody has a similar problem, try this. Check to see if your CPU is hitting 100 percent when playing more often than not. It is? Good, CPU bottleneck identified. I made the dumb mistake of not taking into account the amount of cores and went completely off clock speed (which is an alright 4ghz). Now, have you changed your draw distance settings or left it full, hoping that it would load in the textures quicker etc? Great! Turn that shit nearly completely off lmao. It's a very heavy CPU setting and was counter productively pushing my CPU to 100 percent and thus causing the texture loss. By only HALFING this setting I got it down to 75-80 percent instead and so far, no texture loss. Then feel free to mess around with the graphics settings you've turned down or off, since if your GPU is half decent you've probably made your game look ugly as fuck for literally no reason - I know I did.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION
  • Narcan changed the title to [POTENTIALLY FIXED] Textures, Players And Vehicles - Not loading when driving.
6 hours ago, PRESCRIPTION said:

POTENTIAL FIX: Okay, a little backwards thinking and I actually, so far atleast, have fixed my game. So if anybody has a similar problem, try this. Check to see if your CPU is hitting 100 percent when playing more often than not. It is? Good, CPU bottleneck identified. I made the dumb mistake of not taking into account the amount of cores and went completely off clock speed (which is an alright 4ghz). Now, have you changed your draw distance settings or left it full, hoping that it would load in the textures quicker etc? Great! Turn that shit nearly completely off lmao. It's a very heavy CPU setting and was counter productively pushing my CPU to 100 percent and thus causing the texture loss. By only HALFING this setting I got it down to 75-80 percent instead and so far, no texture loss. Then feel free to mess around with the graphics settings you've turned down or off, since if your GPU is half decent you've probably made your game look ugly as fuck for literally no reason - I know I did.

Didn't work for me.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, PRESCRIPTION said:

I run a 3080ti and Ryzen 9 5900x with RealityV. The only times I get texture loss is when there is a police chase going on, or if it's just in general a highly populated area. It's really annoying, As far as I know it's RageMP that causes the issue, not your personal hardware.

15 hours ago, Lartsa said:

I run a 3080ti and Ryzen 9 5900x with RealityV. The only times I get texture loss is when there is a police chase going on, or if it's just in general a highly populated area. It's really annoying, As far as I know it's RageMP that causes the issue, not your personal hardware.

RageMP evidently causes it to a degree as most players admit to having these issues even with $2000 + computers. However, I thought the same until I loaded SP for the first time and had the same, yet reduced, problems and therefore couldn't have been soley rage. If you get them and are confident the problems don't stem from your hard ware then I don't see a problem - just gotta accept it, however if you read back there's players having much worse issues than the occasional RageMP texture bug. Some players load in and can't see a single texture for minutes at a time from the off, no matter where they are.

52 minutes ago, PRESCRIPTION said:

RageMP evidently causes it to a degree as most players admit to having these issues even with $2000 + computers. However, I thought the same until I loaded SP for the first time and had the same, yet reduced, problems and therefore couldn't have been soley rage. If you get them and are confident the problems don't stem from your hard ware then I don't see a problem - just gotta accept it, however if you read back there's players having much worse issues than the occasional RageMP texture bug. Some players load in and can't see a single texture for minutes at a time from the off, no matter where they are.

I've been in your shoes before sadly and I still get it from time to time, especially when there are a lot of police cars in the area I drive through. 

The way I managed to prevent it from happening /constantly/  was to put a clean install of GTAV and RageMP on a SSD (NVME in my case) which drastically improved it. 

I now run my game with mods and it runs pretty smooth (unless I am next to a lot of police cars). 

1 hour ago, Sharvit said:

I've been in your shoes before sadly and I still get it from time to time, especially when there are a lot of police cars in the area I drive through. 

The way I managed to prevent it from happening /constantly/  was to put a clean install of GTAV and RageMP on a SSD (NVME in my case) which drastically improved it. 

I now run my game with mods and it runs pretty smooth (unless I am next to a lot of police cars). 

I do not believe police cars are main source of texture losses. I have a very strong PC and with 10+ police cars I had no issue. But, once you have over 30+ players with 10 police cars? That's where the texture losses start to come in (like what happened during the 2022 riots). I think having lots of players in same area will incite more texture losses regardless how many police cars are in that area. I had texture loss with only 2 cop cars but 25+ civilian cars. It's weird.

13 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I do not believe police cars are main source of texture losses. I have a very strong PC and with 10+ police cars I had no issue. But, once you have over 30+ players with 10 police cars? That's where the texture losses start to come in (like what happened during the 2022 riots). I think having lots of players in same area will incite more texture losses regardless how many police cars are in that area. I had texture loss with only 2 cop cars but 25+ civilian cars. It's weird.

It's nothing but a count of polygons. If it lags with 2 cop cars but 25+ civilian cars, it could for example not lag with 0 cop cars and 35 civilian cars. I haven't looked into Rage enough to know if that's the problem or not but depending on how high the custom cars are in polycount compared to standard ones will change the impact said vehicles have. I do however believe there is SOMETHING wrong with Rage somewhere, since many people have PC's that shouldn't encounter a single instant of texture loss.

• Wuhtah locked this topic