[POTENTIALLY FIXED] Textures, Players And Vehicles - Not loading when driving.

Narcan

Whenever I drive around the city, at either a high(ish) speed or anywhere players congregate, my textures do not load and I end up driving on thin air, an unrendered texture or smashing into people I can't see. I don't think it's a general performance issue as I've returned with a PC better than my previous where I had little to no issues; my FPS and overall performance apart from this are also fine. The game is a fresh install and modless, even anything non-texture related such as sounds etc. Anybody had a similar problem and fixed it?

Edited by PRESCRIPTION

Do the textures not load at all or are they just slow to load? As @Sleeper noted it might be because your HDD cannot load them fast enough.

Have you checked your internet connection? Do you experience this bug only while you're playing on a RAGEMP server or does it also happen in story mode? 

Might be a GPU problem. Have you updated to the latest driver version? Use a hardware monitoring software (e.g. OpenHardwareMonitor) to see your GPU/RAM/CPU utilization and temperatures while in game.

Honestly, it could be a lot of things. Start off by checking the things above. Good luck! 🙂

41 minutes ago, vomifares said:

Do the textures not load at all or are they just slow to load? As @Sleeper noted it might be because your HDD cannot load them fast enough.

Have you checked your internet connection? Do you experience this bug only while you're playing on a RAGEMP server or does it also happen in story mode? 

Might be a GPU problem. Have you updated to the latest driver version? Use a hardware monitoring software (e.g. OpenHardwareMonitor) to see your GPU/RAM/CPU utilization and temperatures while in game.

Honestly, it could be a lot of things. Start off by checking the things above. Good luck! 🙂

Hadn't checked SP till now. Game is absolutely fine, no pop ins or texture loss AND runs at about 15-20 FPS better than GTA:W. My internet connection is fine and I've never had an issue with it for anything, apart from shutting out completely. Temps also fine. So confused lol. 

Edit: Yes they're slow to load, sometimes they load just in time - sometimes I'm left with no buildings / players/ roads for a few seconds and everything inbetween

Edited by PRESCRIPTION

There is no definitive fix for this issue, it might sometimes get amplified if you use mods but I assume it's either because Rage engine itself sucks ass, or RageMP, or maybe GTAW's mods are just too much. But then again, not so sure. Best solution is to moderate your mod count and pray it doesn't happen.

One potentially high possibility could be the big amount of mod clothes on World, V's Rage engine has a limited number of .ymt slots per gender, so, every time the game gets updated, the slots get less, and this might cause issues when using the same number of mod clothes. Best solution is for the server to replace vanilla clothes instead of adding. But then again, this is just a possibility.

EDIT: The number of available .ymts went down from 8 to just 2 ever since the Summer update, so that's maybe why it kept getting worse by each update.

Edited by BadassBaboon
58 minutes ago, Bigg said:

I have a 3070TI and I9 CPU, still get these issues from time to time. Its not a pc issue its a ragemp issue, hopefully  as time goes it will get better.

But it happens to me ALL of the time for some reason. Changing my textures to normal has helped but after a while it goes shit again.

• Narcan changed the title to [POTENTIALLY FIXED] Textures, Players And Vehicles - Not loading when driving.
  • Wuhtah locked this topic