Reword 911 dispatcher

EVERYONE states their emergency first. I have ever only seen a HANDFUL of 911 calls where the caller specifies the location. 

T5qDVXW.png

xRS0LTQ.png

Most people read this as "what is your emergency" 

I think this should be re-worded to "What is your location?" or "Where do you need assistance?" or even "Whats the ADDRESS of your emergency?"

Something to more CLEARLY specify the location.

OR, include the street/area in the 911 call callout. Officers sometimes don't have time to check the MDC map, and, the MDC map doesn't have any sort of sorting or organization to it. 

• Upvote 1

I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, as well as add a non-emergency line. Here is the format for Emergency Calls that I was thinking:

|__________Emergency Call__________|
Caller: Matical, Ph: 420, Trace: Hawick

Services required: Both

Situation: I witnessed robbery at the Hawick 24/7! Someone is dead!

• Upvote 3

This sounds like a great idea.  I actually work in emergency communications IRL, so at my center we have four main questions - the first is always where is the emergency (this way if the line is disconnected we can at least send someone to see what's going on), the next is a callback phone number in case we lose connection, third is what is going on including descriptions of suspects / vehicles / etc., along with pre-arrival medical instructions if needed, and last is the callers name if they wish to leave it.

Now, adapting this to the game, I really like Matical's template.  The "Trace" feature is a great as ALI isn't always specific, but lets us know the general area the caller is in if they fail to provide the information.

I'd be happy to provide any additional helpful information on this topic if needed!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, matical said:

I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, as well as add a non-emergency line. Here is the format for Emergency Calls that I was thinking:

|__________Emergency Call__________|
Caller: Matical, Ph: 420, Trace: Hawick

Services required: Both

Situation: I witnessed robbery at the Hawick 24/7! Someone is dead!

Situation should be the first question.
"911, what's your emergency?" 

-I was robbed by two armed men!
"Alright, where are you?"
-I'm at Mirror Park Plaza!

Edited by norrig

/call 911 

This is 911 Emergency Dispatch, which service do you require?

if response is nothing -- Sorry I didn't understand, what service do you require?

else -- Law Enforcement personnel shall be notified. What is your current location? (This is different depending on what service the player inputs.)

if response is nothing -- Sorry, I didn't quite understand that.

else -- Please describe the situation briefly!

Then send the call with all the information to PD/SD/FIRE.

18 minutes ago, matical said:

/call 911 

This is 911 Emergency Dispatch, which service do you require?

if response is nothing -- Sorry I didn't understand, what service do you require?

else -- Law Enforcement personnel shall be notified. What is your current location? (This is different depending on what service the player inputs.)

if response is nothing -- Sorry, I didn't quite understand that.

else -- Please describe the situation briefly!

Then send the call with all the information to PD/SD/FIRE.

Reverse the order, otherwise good. Starting with "what service do you require" is a waste of time if you're in a heated situation.

"What is your emergency?" should always come first.

• Upvote 1
  • Adero locked this topic