"cutting interactions"

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

feel like cutting interactions is way better than spending half of your day in the reports section but that might be only me.

if leaderships of two factions are able to come to an agreement in order to avoid a shitshow and going back and forth on the forums, what's wrong with this exactly? i'd assume its usually a pretty conscious decision

this, but for the most part its people provoking beef then crying when they get smoked lol

Edited by ghøst

It's against the rules for an individual player to choose not to rp with another player. You can try to avoid IC interactions as much as possible if there's a player/character you're not interested in interacting with, but if approached in RP you're required to RP. But it's not against the rules for a faction leader to decide their members will no longer interact with those of another faction? I've personally seen at least one situation in which RP was refused for this reason, because the faction leaders had decided to cease interaction. 

I'm personally not against having each player decide who they RP with and whether or not they want to reject RP, but we can't restrict individual players from making these choices for themselves while allowing faction leaders to make these choices for their members. 

Edited by Taina
6 hours ago, Taina said:

It's against the rules for an individual player to choose not to rp with another player. You can try to avoid IC interactions as much as possible if there's a player/character you're not interested in interacting with, but if approached in RP you're required to RP. But it's not against the rules for a faction leader to decide their members will no longer interact with those of another faction? I've personally seen at least one situation in which RP was refused for this reason, because the faction leaders had decided to cease interaction. 

I'm personally not against having each player decide who they RP with and whether or not they want to reject RP, but we can't restrict individual players from making these choices for themselves while allowing faction leaders to make these choices for their members. 

Actually no, if you had an interaction with a person IC, you did not like him for his actions IC and you choose to avoid him ICly for IC reasons, that is not refusal to RP, it's refusal to have potential incident with said person and your char. I had an situation like this where my character was harassed by another, up to the moment where he abused his employment at a certain business to find out a bit more personal details of my character. Proceeds to call the char and text, my char does not want to have anything with said person. Files a restraining order suit.

If a faction ceases interaction for similar reasons based on IC, I see no foul. If they avoid a faction that is notorious for having done DM, blockwipes, poor portrayal and the like, I see nothing wrong from avoiding Roleplaying with a group that has a lengthy history of breaking the rules. You don't want to associate yourself with that, would you now? Or worse get involved in a report against the group, spend time out of your day to deal with the report.

As long as they don't break the rules, they can Ignore all they want. Its up to the ignored party to come up with ways to get interaction from the other party. Depending on your relation, if you are enemies and the guy turns around to walk away from you while you are speaking to him, Take it IC and show that your characters feels offended. Roleplay actions, For example grabbing his arm to stop the other party from walking away from you to stop them from ignoring you.

They can't ignore those, as that would be against the rules. 

Edited by Ryoichi
4 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Actually no, if you had an interaction with a person IC, you did not like him for his actions IC and you choose to avoid him ICly for IC reasons, that is not refusal to RP, it's refusal to have potential incident with said person and your char. I had an situation like this where my character was harassed by another, up to the moment where he abused his employment at a certain business to find out a bit more personal details of my character. Proceeds to call the char and text, my char does not want to have anything with said person. Files a restraining order suit.

Yeah, I get it. Maybe I wasn't too clear but what you're explaining here is exactly what I meant by 'avoiding IC interactions as much as possible'. However, it'd be against the rules if the person that'd been harassing you walked up and attempted an interaction but was met with "/b don't rp with me. we're not supposed to interact anymore". And that's what I've seen happen with factions where a leader has decided to cease interactions. 

Edited by Taina
12 hours ago, Copa Cabana said:

My point still stands. If the people mess up your RP, never contribute anything to inter-faction relations, fair to cut them off. There are exceptions but yeah. I am pretty sure the OP is really just upset more at the fact his DM squad might've been slighted rather than being concerned about actual faction relations.

it's not about roleplay, it's all about trying to up your KD

Edited by Sim
32 minutes ago, Taina said:

Yeah, I get it. Maybe I wasn't too clear but what you're explaining here is exactly what I meant by 'avoiding IC interactions as much as possible'. However, it'd be against the rules if the person that'd been harassing you walked up and attempted an interaction but was met with "/b don't rp with me. we're not supposed to interact anymore". And that's what I've seen happen with factions where a leader has decided to cease interactions. 

That is wrong, I had instances where someone was asked by admins/management to cease OOC interaction with someone due to harassment both IC and OOC. The person who was harassed ignored and avoided the person ICly, OOC the person did not cease attempting to interact until he was told by admins to cease.

What you are describing is against the rules, if he has a problem with a faction, or certain players of it? His best course of action would be gather evidence showing the issue, followed by a report to FM (IFM and LFM are in there), or even RPQM if there's need for that. If it's certain players, then gather evidence about the player and report to the appropriate channels, as long as there is clear indication of breach of rules/harassment. Otherwise that's just breach of rules.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

That is wrong, I had instances where someone was asked by admins/management to cease OOC interaction with someone due to harassment both IC and OOC. The person who was harassed ignored and avoided the person ICly, OOC the person did not cease attempting to interact until he was told by admins to cease.

What you are describing is against the rules, if he has a problem with a faction, or certain players of it? His best course of action would be gather evidence showing the issue, followed by a report to FM (IFM and LFM are in there), or even RPQM if there's need for that. If it's certain players, then gather evidence about the player and report to the appropriate channels, as long as there is clear indication of breach of rules/harassment. Otherwise that's just breach of rules.

I agree with this entirely. Cutting interaction should be allowed but only with admin intervention (which I've also seen). But some fac leaders have made this call all on their own, and members have simply followed. And this will probably continue until it's directly addressed with fac leaders.

• Wuhtah locked this topic