"cutting interactions"

There are major organized crime groups as well as sometimes street gangs IRL that completely ignore each other. They acknowledge the existance, but really don't even interact, except for a very tiny amount. You can barely keep your own organization tight and away from snitching, you don't need 10 other groups knowing all about you in the case some loose end within them decides to sing to the federal government.

As for the OOC part of this, we all play with limited time. I only have i.e. 3 hours I can spend daily roleplaying. There are on average 500 people playing in prime hours. Everyone's free to pick how they spend those 3 hours (with exception of getting caught and sent to prison). It's fine to avoid roleplaying with someone due to it being uncomfortable OOC or being something that will lead to OOC conflict. I have a few certain people myself that I stay away from like the plague. As long as you're not literally breaking rules while at it, it's fine to cut interactions.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

There are major organized crime groups as well as sometimes street gangs IRL that completely ignore each other. They acknowledge the existance, but really don't even interact, except for a very tiny amount. You can barely keep your own organization tight and away from snitching, you don't need 10 other groups knowing all about you in the case some loose end within them decides to sing to the federal government.

As for the OOC part of this, we all play with limited time. I only have i.e. 3 hours I can spend daily roleplaying. There are on average 500 people playing in prime hours. Everyone's free to pick how they spend those 3 hours (with exception of getting caught and sent to prison). It's fine to avoid roleplaying with someone due to it being uncomfortable OOC or being something that will lead to OOC conflict. I have a few certain people myself that I stay away from like the plague. As long as you're not literally breaking rules while at it, it's fine to cut interactions.

dude is referring to factions making their members not rp with a specific faction(s), usually because they dont like their standards or the interactions lead to toxicity. 

22 minutes ago, no mames said:

dude is referring to factions making their members not rp with a specific faction(s), usually because they dont like their standards or the interactions lead to toxicity. 

My point still stands. If the people mess up your RP, never contribute anything to inter-faction relations, fair to cut them off. There are exceptions but yeah. I am pretty sure the OP is really just upset more at the fact his DM squad might've been slighted rather than being concerned about actual faction relations.

53 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

This p much hits the nail on the head.

21 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

My point still stands. If the people mess up your RP, never contribute anything to inter-faction relations, fair to cut them off. There are exceptions but yeah. I am pretty sure the OP is really just upset more at the fact his DM squad might've been slighted rather than being concerned about actual faction relations.

Wow, can't believe you would say this about me

Some factions have poor roleplay and poor portrayal and thats a fact, not every faction is perfect and a good few have DMers on them who do blockwipes, I personally cut interactions with factions I feel are  not up to par of the quality I'm looking for with mine, or factions that perform over-exaggerated or low quality hits. It shouldn't be taken away. 

30 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic