Reallow "looking for work" ads

Mahitto

44 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

I'm all for allowing it as long as we force people to write properly. The spam of "young female looking 4 work" bullshit is a no no

Basically this, yeah.

The infamous "21 year old Italian looking for a job" is a problem because is contains zero useful information to start any RP :x Quite a few jobs don't care you're 21, nobody gives a single shit you're Italian, and "looking for a job", ok but what goddamn job? 😛 

Same goes for "young female looking 4 work" and all.

Enforcing looking for job ads so they contain useful information may help. Not even making long ads - something like "Experienced bar manager looking for new gig in LS - bar or club". It's not an essay but you know the person's experienced, is looking for a management position, in LS specifically, and is interested in bar or clubs. I know a few owners who'd call that pretty quickly lol, given how hard it can be to find reliable managers ^^ 

• 2 weeks later...

If the standard is set higher and someone wants to ad: "looking for a job in the adult entertainment industry" or "looking for a job at an italian restaurant" there would be nothing wrong with that. I think it's the unnecessary information in ads (Italian man, young female) and obvious rule lawyering by a minority (ab)using it, that's caused this to be disallowed even though an ad system would realistically be used by people looking for a job.

7 hours ago, Narco said:

No thank you, that is basically the entire purpose for this section here

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/65-job-offers/ 

Unless someone runs their own business, then they can post an ad with their contracting company etc. Nobody in real life posts on craigslist or any other boards looking for work, rather offering a specific service. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/d/resumes-job-wanted/search/res

1 hour ago, Narco said:

Right, a specific service as I've said. Not just "25 year old female looking for work"

I'm 100% sure you can find those too, but that's not relevant, as our environment doesn't facilitate for people looking for specific jobs (and that's okay). Thing is, we don't have a ruling for what /ad should be role-played as, so it is being role-played as anything from a craigslist equivalent to Linkedin, newspapers and flyers. Yes, we have that sub-forum and I do personally use it from time to time, but most people don't - especially new players, who are also usually the ones who advertise being for hire.

You can advertise offering a specific service, but that would usually require you to have some sort of background or experience in that. If someone's main goal is to not die of starvation, they'll do any work in exchange of money - usually low-skilled jobs, which is what these ads are about. I do agree that some minimum effort has to be put into the ads, though, and that should be reflected in the rules - "20 year old italian, need a job" is obviously not good enough.

After all, all they're trying to do is role-play and to provide role-play and we shouldn't be restricting them from doing so.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:22 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

I miss seeing ads looking for an uber driver and engaging in some late night RP with complete strangers.

Doing away with that has hurt the spontaneity of my RP a lot.

I would love to see this. I don't know why something like that wouldn't be allowed.