Fix the Housing Market & Pay Wage in Paleto Bay

GasolineFueled

6 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

Yeah, I've been actively working to try and find a way to supply more "normal" housing for the county, specifically apartments because in my opinion, there's a lot of stigma around owning a house. I know Wuhtah and Adv have been doing the same. Rest assured we are aware and are looking for avenues to resolve it.

We're a very approachable PM team. We do our best to accomodate, especially in trouble areas like the county. We're definitely busy but things are becoming more and more streamlined, we have new ideas and methods to handle things so we'll see turnover times improve as we go.

We are actively tackling inactivity and we're actually very harsh in terms of giving any properties back if lost to inactivity, in order to prevent the cycle recurring with the same people. Since there's methods in place to help players that are going inactive, there's no excuse.

It's also a very good point that, we might have 500+ people wanting to roleplay a blaine county character, but there's literally no space on the map to accomodate this. I think this is an issue we're always gonna have to a certain extent, but I agree more housing would be beneficial. We'll discuss it internally and see what we can do, I know there's some idea's floating about.

Keep the feedback going! We're all ears to constructive feedback.

Are you considering adding new housing to vacant lots?

6 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

Where you thinking?

If you can let us know specific areas, we can certainly discuss something for it.

I don't have screenshots right now but there are a couple empty plots of land and clear foundation plateaus that are unused that could have a house mapped on top of it.

I think a good first step would be to ban the concept of vacation homes in this area. It is essentially just an excuse to hog up a SECOND house for your character, while also limiting someone else's options of getting their FIRST house in the area they actually roleplay in. Vacation homes are nothing but a liability to the entire community, especially considering they're unused 90% of the time or just get flipped for insane profits (or the same insane price they got it for in the first place).

Fun fact for any people that don't actually know. If you own a county property but no longer have any use for it. You are able to give it to PM for the market price (and I guess furniture price) if you're not fussed about making a profit on the property.

I did this with my trailer in Stab City, I asked for it to be put up for requests only.
It greatly helps keep things under control for PM and there will be less properties getting sold for stupid amounts, so it's a win-win situation.

Edited by Jura

I got some ideas from MJ. Let me have a look in game and we'll work out where might benefit. Then we'll look at what, if anything, we can do with said spots.

2 minutes ago, Jura said:

Fun fact for any people that don't actually know. If you own a county property but no longer have any use for it. You are able to give it to PM for the market price (and I guess furniture price) if you're not fussed about making a profit on the property.

I did this with my trailer in Stab City, I asked for it to be put up for requests only.
It greatly helps keep things under control for PM and there will be less properties getting sold for stupid amounts, so it's a win-win situation.

Also this! Please do.

53 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

I got some ideas from MJ. Let me have a look in game and we'll work out where might benefit. Then we'll look at what, if anything, we can do with said spots.

Also this! Please do.

These same type of empty spots also exist in Mirror Park and Sandy Shores, could possibly do the same there!

21 hours ago, L I C E said:

Paleto has an identity crisis. Once that's solved maybe the problem can be solved. At least with Sandy it's established junkie + biker land.

Honestly for a place that looks like the Pacific Northwest and is suppose to be equivalent to a West Coast town, it sure does have a lot of Southern rednecks from Button County Georgia.

But honestly if you don't roleplay around Paleto bay, don't buy a house there.

Edited by KinnyWynny
7 hours ago, barragexd said:

I think a good first step would be to ban the concept of vacation homes in this area. It is essentially just an excuse to hog up a SECOND house for your character, while also limiting someone else's options of getting their FIRST house in the area they actually roleplay in. Vacation homes are nothing but a liability to the entire community, especially considering they're unused 90% of the time or just get flipped for insane profits (or the same insane price they got it for in the first place).

Good starting point.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, Wuhtah said:

P.S.: idk what you mean by pay wages. If you're talking about the 4k/hour script, should be same everywhere. 

There wasn't script pay if my memory serves me it was 2k an hr because they said "It makes sense for the cost of living" but again there's 1m+ houses going for sale, so it's not realistic. People who aren't RPing out there own homes because they can. It doesn't make sense. Makes sense though just how it is rn and I do hope it fixes itself. I know that you guys have a lot on your plate as far as RM goes it's a hard thing to fix. During the holiday I know it's harder because of the hold - that being said, I still look and ask about activity before the hold out of curiosity.

I just wanted to open up the discussion and try to understand the issue and possibly find a solution of some kind. 🙂

• Wuhtah locked this topic