Untie business component usage from item value (unique item store suggestion)

Steel

Hey there fellas,

I've been working with one jewelry store for a while already, and I've noticed, that the component storage empties ultra-fast. I've also noticed, that the usage of components per item depends on the item's value, hence the rapid usage of components. I find that unrealistic, as jewelry stores can store as much goods as other stores in real life, even if their value and price is way higher than, let's say, of the items a grocery store offers. I propose a different component usage system - the one, that takes out components from the store's inventory on a per-weight basis. 

The model of this system would be pretty straight forward. Let's say a weight of one gram removes one component from the store. The employee of a store would still use the same /createitem command, just with one extra step. The format of this command would be:

/createitem [type] [value] [weight] [name]

This simple change would benefit the server in multiple ways:

1. The restock frequency on high-value items would be marginally lower.

2. The current problem of good demand and low trucking company supply would be at least partially solved.

3. High value stores would be able to offer a competitive price per crate for shipments, as some goods have low weight, yet high value.

4. Some high value stores would have a bigger profit margin, which could be reinvested into the business, providing more RP and economical value in the server for everyone.

What would be your thoughts on that?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, orca112 said:

Smells a lot like people will abuse this by making exclusively 1 gram items to maximize their profits with minimal product component use.

For that, there could be implemented a minimum weight. Like it's minimum of 21 dollars for value, it could be 200g of the item.

If you run out of components quickly then go to business manager menu and increase the component capacity. By default every business has 15000 component limit which can be changed by the owner. I believe garages increase that capacity by ten times due to rapid component usage.

The component usage should be connected to the value of the item and not the weight as it is directly connected to the profits business makes.

On 12/24/2021 at 5:19 AM, Stanty said:

If you run out of components quickly then go to business manager menu and increase the component capacity. By default every business has 15000 component limit which can be changed by the owner. I believe garages increase that capacity by ten times due to rapid component usage.

The component usage should be connected to the value of the item and not the weight as it is directly connected to the profits business makes.

I think a good way around this could be creation of crate price regulations. Businesses, that offer low component usage, yet high value items, should have a higher minimum price per crate set. Let's a jewelry store must offer at least 500 per crate. This would make the supply market more competetive and would provide more layers in the server's economy. Setting high crate prices is practically impossible right now, because the profit margins become very thin.

EDIT: On the first paragraph, I'd like to add up here. If this idea is more refined and has regulations, it would make component value (instead of usage) higher, and the economy of stores would be more realistic. For example, car parts in real life are more expensive, than groceries, yet car part shops can stock up as much goods (or even more of them), than grocery shops. In other words: car part stores do pay more for their shipments, but still stock up as much as grocery stores, and their stock usage doesn't depend on a price of one product, rather than sales in general. Yet in this server you can own a store, that can physically stock up on more goods than a grocery store, but due to it selling expensive items, it requires restocks way more frequently.

And yes, the component capacity thing does work, but eventually you still run out and it takes forever to restock due to the current trucking issue. This is the reason why so few garages open up frequently. These drastic price differences would prioritize some high value places, increase interest in trucking (more money to be made), and give a boost to the server's economy, allowing more places to open up frequently as before.

Edited by Steel
  • Wuhtah locked this topic