What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

35 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Well, that's kinda where we have an issue. Because if you want to RP a Pounder truck driver for example, you have to grind a whopping 500 deliveries with the speedo van before you can do so. Unless you want to just RP trucker without actually using the script, which... doesn't really work. 

Basically, we should remove the truck unlock system. Let people drive whatever they want so people aren't OOC'ly grinding hundreds of deliveries just to unlock the truck they want. Right now, every single trucker on the server is forced to start as a van driver, no exceptions. That gives people who want to specifically RP truck drivers and not van drivers zero freedom, they are forced to be a delivery van driver.

Now sure, if you want to RP a van driver, you're in luck because it's the first vehicle. But if you want to RP a long haul truck driver, too bad. Gotta spend a good few months grinding out them deliveries. Truck unlock system has got to go. Let people drive what they want and change the way money-making works so that all trucking vehicles make the same amount. Then we'll start seeing people care more about RP than money.

I can agree with that. Yes I kind of roleplay a van driver, mostly because I just like driving and spending time in a vehicle. But I wouldn't just let people drive what they want out of the blue. Given we are a server that puts emphasis on heavy roleplay, Pounder trucks for example should be locked behind truck driving license. Not in terms of being unable to buy the truck, but in terms of it being illegal to drive without said license. Then I am not sure, but usually people using their car for their job, kinda need to be registered to pay taxes, so perhaps a company would be needed to even start earning money as a truck driver? You can drive on your own, but you need a registration, just like mining license was, in the past.

I don't really believe adding a ton of paperwork will make people more interested in trucking - or create any more interesting RP, to be honest :x 

While trucking definitely needs fixes, it might be an idea to poll / consult the players who are truckers, or used to be truckers. It may allow to better gauge what the current problems are, or what made them stop trucking (thus leading to the current supply problem). 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Topinambour said:

I don't really believe adding a ton of paperwork will make people more interested in trucking - or create any more interesting RP, to be honest :x 

While trucking definitely needs fixes, it might be an idea to poll / consult the players who are truckers, or used to be truckers. It may allow to better gauge what the current problems are, or what made them stop trucking (thus leading to the current supply problem). 

Game suggestions has at least 4 different suggestions on ways to improve trucking that go unheard as usual.

• Upvote 1

Hmh... The somewhat RPG grind's been there since the server opened (or almost), and the shortage started a month ago or so. Now don't get me wrong, the RPG grind could use a serious rework, but I'm not sure it's the cause (or even a cause) 😛 

But as @Coburn rightly mentioned, a lot of trucking-related suggestions haven't received much in the way of feedback from the team 😕 

I'd be more than happy to understand and wait, of course, if it's a dev-side problem. Such as, they need a specific kind of developer, but they don't have one (like the front-end person they're looking for right now?). But at least, knowing that this problem is acknowledged and will be worked on would be nice, I suppose :x 

11 hours ago, 99 said:

Only way to fix this is to re-do the entire system. The current RPG grind is what has slowly killed it over time. It's anti-fun and does not promote any sort of meaningful RP. I think @Mahitto gave a really good starting point to fixing the system:

I believe that the suggestions should be gathered and manually forwarded via PM to Nervous to check, because not once I did that and actually got good response of things slowly changing.

Hey guys, I don't feel like making a whole ass point over here but I have managed to dig up my old thread from the archive with some trucking suggestions and what I personally think. It's very old, from November 2020 in fact, though I have a feeling that it still is somewhat relevant nowadays. Feel free to have a look through it.

4 hours ago, hentai! said:

Hey guys, I don't feel like making a whole ass point over here but I have managed to dig up my old thread from the archive with some trucking suggestions and what I personally think. It's very old, from November 2020 in fact, though I have a feeling that it still is somewhat relevant nowadays. Feel free to have a look through it.

Well, guess it's worth forwarding this to Nervous perhaps for consideration.

Another reason why the job is annoying - companies ask for deliveries but then don't have enough money so it cancels and you wasted your time:

QcqjkHF.png

Drove all the way to Sandy Shores for that...and it's becoming quite common.  Companies should not be able to have active delivery requests if they don't have enough money to cover it.

Edit:  Then took the boxes to Paleto Bay Tattoo place to try and sell them, but the delivery spot is unreachable.  So now I have to drive all the way back to the city to sell these boxes.  Is it any wonder people just don't bother?  Too many OOC annoyances.

Edited by Paenymion
  • Wuhtah locked this topic