What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

Another reason why the job is annoying - companies ask for deliveries but then don't have enough money so it cancels and you wasted your time:

QcqjkHF.png

Drove all the way to Sandy Shores for that...and it's becoming quite common.  Companies should not be able to have active delivery requests if they don't have enough money to cover it.

Edit:  Then took the boxes to Paleto Bay Tattoo place to try and sell them, but the delivery spot is unreachable.  So now I have to drive all the way back to the city to sell these boxes.  Is it any wonder people just don't bother?  Too many OOC annoyances.

That used to not be an issue. The owner would set to buy the boxes for around 350 dollars and it would deduct from the business bank, sending it into negative numbers. I used to leave component request on for like 2-3 nights in a row and come back to -40k in the bank. They seem to have fixed this because of potential exploits, but it kind of just ruined it for both parties. I'd rather leave component requests open for 2-3 nights and then put whatever amount was spent back onto the business bank account instead of having 60k sitting in the business bank account.

23 hours ago, nateX said:

That used to not be an issue. The owner would set to buy the boxes for around 350 dollars and it would deduct from the business bank, sending it into negative numbers. I used to leave component request on for like 2-3 nights in a row and come back to -40k in the bank. They seem to have fixed this because of potential exploits, but it kind of just ruined it for both parties. I'd rather leave component requests open for 2-3 nights and then put whatever amount was spent back onto the business bank account instead of having 60k sitting in the business bank account.

Realistically, if there isn't sufficient funds to cover then the business should become unlisted availability wise, until this business is financially active again. It would be a simple addition. 

Although it is very easily resolved by detouring to an alternative business, of course. They've changed the script to fix an exploit, they should have made this change simultaneously in order to further resolve the issue.

41 minutes ago, Brad Grant said:

Realistically, if there isn't sufficient funds to cover then the business should become unlisted availability wise, until this business is financially active again. It would be a simple addition. 

Although it is very easily resolved by detouring to an alternative business, of course. They've changed the script to fix an exploit, they should have made this change simultaneously in order to further resolve the issue.

Yeah I mean it's more realistic but it's a hassle for anyone that doesn't have time to play daily or for multiple hours a day. I definitely see your point though.

Maybe remove the threat that if you don't do "good /me's" at drop off spots 40 miles from any other player you might get banned.   The concept of things being delivered is better for roleplay  and characters having jobs than a 200 character sentence to move a virtual crate to a door.

19 minutes ago, Phased said:

Maybe remove the threat that if you don't do "good /me's" at drop off spots 40 miles from any other player you might get banned.   The concept of things being delivered is better for roleplay  and characters having jobs than a 200 character sentence to move a virtual crate to a door.

That would be a terrible thing, unless something else is done to ensure that role-play and character development is taking place.

If you simply remove the requirement to role-play these (repetitive) actions, you'd actually incentivize grinders to turn towards this. It's already a super grindy job, this would only make it easier to speed through everything. There would literally be 0 deterrents.

Just now, Mahitto said:

That would be a terrible thing, unless something else is done to ensure that role-play and character development is taking place.

If you simply remove the requirement to role-play these (repetitive) actions, you'd actually incentivize grinders to turn towards this. It's already a super grindy job, this would only make it easier to speed through everything. There would literally be 0 deterrents.

The concept of something happening is far better than people typing novella's for nobody to see.   The fact of these characters having a job and delivering things to businesses is far better in the grand scheme of things than how many characters are typed.   If we say typing /me's for literally nobody to see is better for roleplay than businesses having stock and not all being stuck unable to sell anything for no reason other than not being close to the docks I could make the same argument that people should roleplay every punch, every time they pull a trigger and every time they take a step.

Roleplay is not /me's, it's the idea of playing the character and if someone isn't typing into the void they are more likely to complete the process, and probably talk to other characters on the phone, through social media or even on a radio for some of the more organized companies.

I haven't trucked on the server for a long time, but I can assure you that Ricky_Truckman typing for nobody to see doesn't affect my roleplay, but not being able to go into /createitem businesses, or any business because they are waiting on truckers finally filling up the 6 garages to even have a chance to get some stock in absolutely affects the roleplay of everyone in the server who isn't out to just shoot, rob and race.

26 minutes ago, Phased said:

The concept of something happening is far better than people typing novella's for nobody to see.   The fact of these characters having a job and delivering things to businesses is far better in the grand scheme of things than how many characters are typed.   If we say typing /me's for literally nobody to see is better for roleplay than businesses having stock and not all being stuck unable to sell anything for no reason other than not being close to the docks I could make the same argument that people should roleplay every punch, every time they pull a trigger and every time they take a step.

Roleplay is not /me's, it's the idea of playing the character and if someone isn't typing into the void they are more likely to complete the process, and probably talk to other characters on the phone, through social media or even on a radio for some of the more organized companies.

I haven't trucked on the server for a long time, but I can assure you that Ricky_Truckman typing for nobody to see doesn't affect my roleplay, but not being able to go into /createitem businesses, or any business because they are waiting on truckers finally filling up the 6 garages to even have a chance to get some stock in absolutely affects the roleplay of everyone in the server who isn't out to just shoot, rob and race.

If the requirement of typing novellas was removed, trucking would become just pure RPG grinding. We would just have people spawn a truck, speed through the city, spam a command then rinse and repeat, like pure robots, working their way to that awesome Mirror Park house and pimped out Pariah. If you want to do that, there are plenty of servers on various games where you can, including GTA 5, GTA 4 and GTA San Andreas, in various languages and a lot of different ways. We should be striving for better role-play, though. Not whatever that is.

That rule is not meant to affect anyone's role-play or actually help in any way except for ensuring that some effort is being put into role-playing the job. We're a text-based role-play server.

I have suggested a better alternative to the current system. I don't like the current system, we can have much more, better (and simpler). Not that, though.

1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

If the requirement of typing novellas was removed, trucking would become just pure RPG grinding. We would just have people spawn a truck, speed through the city, spam a command then rinse and repeat, like pure robots, working their way to that awesome Mirror Park house and pimped out Pariah. If you want to do that, there are plenty of servers on various games where you can, including GTA 5, GTA 4 and GTA San Andreas, in various languages and a lot of different ways. We should be striving for better role-play, though. Not whatever that is.

That rule is not meant to affect anyone's role-play or actually help in any way except for ensuring that some effort is being put into role-playing the job. We're a text-based role-play server.

I have suggested a better alternative to the current system. I don't like the current system, we can have much more, better (and simpler). Not that, though.

The possible issue you're describing already happens with people doing copy paste jobs - but at least they are getting stock to businesses.   If the server wants to stop self-insert supercar owning models that's not something directly related to trucking and half of them bail to higher profit things pretty quick anyway.   Why should the average player who wants to roleplay having a job while in an MC, or people in LCN groups trying to start trucking companies have to abide to an unnecessarily strict  rule to prevent others from being "grinders".  

No server should be forcing players to send messages into the abyss, the concept behind something is roleplay enough.   

• Wuhtah locked this topic