What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

Honestly I'm keen to return to my trucking job after my IC leave is up. While the trucking job itself is very mediocre, working for a trucking company can be fun imo if you put in the effort to mingle and communicate with co-workers outside of work. However I agree that the script needs to change. Perhaps there could be more of a financial benefit for making deliveries over a longer distance? That way the long routes to Paleto Bay or Blaine County aren't always rejected by the many drivers looking to make quick trips for fast cash/grind progression.

Edited by El Bandito
20 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Recently a friend of mine told me that a business they work at no longer receives deliveries at all, for a while too. Something that I have noticed in the recent months, where Trucking Companies sorta' vanish and are not there anymore or inactive for all I know. I also know of people directly hiring trucking companies to do deliveries or worse, the owner does deliveries on his own to resupply his business.

What is your take on the reason for twiddling trucking scene? (except the obvious robbing, low pay etc)

People who actually trucked on the server got sick of suggesting things for truckers and just being ignored. 

3 hours ago, Nervous said:

I can prevent non owned businesses to lose components, which would shift the focus entirely to player owned businesses for truckers and it is a very quick change that can be reverted very fast too when needed.

Will they still ask for components on the /startshipment menu?  It's nice to keep them there as delivery choices (even at $250 per crate) incase somebody wants to do an unusual route or trucking becomes popular again.

3 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Also, I'd remove the 20 hours limit for new chars if the account has more than that on another character because it does not make sense if an experienced player wants to start trucking on a new char for the purpose of RP.

I completely agree, if the check could be made against the UCP account instead of the character it would be better.

Trust me, new players can cause just as much carnage with a garbage truck instead. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Woona said:

I would like to imagine people don't wanna roleplay trucking because of the community constantly making fun of truckers calling them the worst roleplayers and making fun of them at every turn of the way. 

Thats something that became a thing with a lot of new players doing it, and doing it very poorly.

Honesty, you could create a great RP session with that shortage. A business owner could get in contact with any trucking company to make any sort of contract to make the trucking company deliver crates to the business on demand. Of course extra money will be sacrificed to encourage the trucking company to order the truckers to deliver the crates to the said business. The trucking owner/representative could either distribute the bonus money across the truckers who delivered the crates, or keep the money to themselves. I dunno but I honestly see this crisis bringing more RP to the business  owner and the trucking company. I could be wrong though 🤷🏻

Edited by Heartnett
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
42 minutes ago, Heartnett said:

Honesty, you could create a great RP session with that shortage. A business owner could get in contact with any trucking company to make any sort of contract to make the trucking company deliver crates to the business on demand. Of course extra money will be sacrificed to encourage the trucking company to order the truckers to deliver the crates to the said business. The trucking owner/representative could either distribute the bonus money across the truckers who delivered the crates, or keep the money to themselves. I dunno but I honestly see this crisis bringing more RP to the business  owner and the trucking company. I could be wrong though 🤷🏻

The crisis is lowkey kinda fun for this reason 

The only active trucking company I see nowadays is IMEX.

I believe the main problem is that garages require a lot of components and they are located close to the Terminal. Regular businesses usually request 200 crates on average while garages request 10,000+ and that number goes up extremely fast too. Truckers can focus on those garages only and they won't ever run out of work while other businesses are left unattended.

One way to solve this is to increase the capacity of the trucks. Currently Speedo holds 5 crates, change it to 7, Boxville from 8 to 10, Mule from 12 to 15, Benson from 15 to 20, Pounder from 20 to 30.

That way truckers will have a legitimate chance to keep up with the amount of components garages spend and then focus on other businesses too.

• Upvote 4
  • Wuhtah locked this topic