What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

51 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I can prevent non owned businesses to lose components, which would shift the focus entirely to player owned businesses for truckers and it is a very quick change that can be reverted very fast too when needed.

Also, I'd remove the 20 hours limit for new chars if the account has more than that on another character because it does not make sense if an experienced player wants to start trucking on a new char for the purpose of RP.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 2

Well take it from someone that started with a trucking company and now is the companies manager, It's BORING all you do is drive up and down a truck or van there is little RP in between when you load and unload the truck with create that's about it. There is no interactions and you need to grind and no life it in order for you to make some decent money when you can just be a bartender and make 10x more faster and you get to meet other people along the way.

20 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

That the problem you described is verified to exist on a larger scale.

Based on how often Mechanic Garages open, and how hard it is to get in touch with one I'd say yes, most of the time if they open, they run out of components so fast that one shipment is not enough to actually fill it up. Especially with the change to increase component use for upgrades. Other business who rely on it, also suffer somewhat.

14 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

That the problem you described is verified to exist on a larger scale.

I mean, you should see the list of businesses awaiting deliveries. I checked yesterday, and I wouldn't go as far as saying the entire server is on there, but it sure feels like it, with some of them expecting crates for over a month now. I did a bit of trucking back when I joined the server last year, and at the time it'd be a rare sight to even be able to scroll down the list of businesses waiting for crates.

5 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

Maybe the server needs a different system than we have now. Get paid for the time you spend doing deliveries rather than the amount of deliveries you do. Maybe that way truckers won't be rushing all over the map anymore. 

While I agree that the script needs a rework, I doubt being paid for time spent on deliveries is the definitive answer. I believe people would be more than happy to just semi-AFK during their deliveries, just the same way people were often seen rushing to sell crates, even with people actively roleplaying nearby. And then they'll inevitably get bored again of doing that, and/or have enough money to move on.

5 minutes ago, Misu said:

I mean, you should see the list of businesses awaiting deliveries. I checked yesterday, and I wouldn't go as far as saying the entire server is on there, but it sure feels like it, with some of them expecting crates for over a month now. I did a bit of trucking back when I joined the server last year, and at the time it'd be a rare sight to even be able to scroll down the list of businesses waiting for crates.

While I agree that the script needs a rework, I doubt being paid for time spent on deliveries is the definitive answer. I believe people would be more than happy to just semi-AFK during their deliveries, just the same way people were often seen rushing to sell crates, even with people actively roleplaying nearby. And then they'll inevitably get bored again of doing that, and/or have enough money to move on.

Easy solutions;

• Double (or increase) the value and components per crate, which doubles the carrying capacity of truckers
  • Enable autopilot for truckers

Autopilot is cool and all but I don't think it's completely ready to be implemented on a grand scale like this. It frequently breaks and just has odd behavior. You'll be cruising along a road and autopilot will take a sharp right turn off the road into a ditch for no reason, or you'll be following a curve and then it stops following the path and just moves in a strange direction straight forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic