What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

A lot of people don't want to sit for hours just to do the same thing over and over again. It tends to get super boring and don't encounter much roleplay, but a lot of trucking companies are still around looking for new drivers... Just people don't want to truck and rather just roleplay instead. 

People don't want to grind for money anymore. New players can tolerate it but it gets boring for most people really fast. They do it because it's a fast way to grind your way to a mirror park house and an elegy. There are companies out there that are really fun to be a part of but the trucking job itself needs an overhaul imo.

I dont blame truckers for rushing through intersections and speeding wherever they go to get their deliveries done. Having done a delivery job myself irl it's perfectly normal for that to happen. I only quit as I found myself learning a bad and unsafe way of driving.

Maybe the server needs a different system than we have now. Get paid for the time you spend doing deliveries rather than the amount of deliveries you do. Maybe that way truckers won't be rushing all over the map anymore. 

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, nwah_ said:

People probably don't want to truck anymore because it's a script job that doesn't offer much in terms of roleplay. Like a lot of script jobs people only do them until they have enough money to pursue something else. Can't force people to work script jobs which is why it's detrimental to have businesses rely on truckers to get components, I think they should make buying components an automated process and keep trucking separate to it to avoid situations like this.

3 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

People don't want to grind for money anymore. New players can tolerate it but it gets boring for most people really fast. They do it because it's a fast way to grind your way to a mirror park house and an elegy. There are companies out there that are really fun to be a part of but the trucking job itself needs an overhaul imo.

I dont blame truckers for rushing through intersections and speeding wherever they go to get their deliveries done. Having done a delivery job myself irl it's perfectly normal for that to happen. I only quit as I found myself learning a bad and unsafe way of driving.

Maybe the server needs a different system than we have now. Get paid for the time you spend doing deliveries rather than the amount of deliveries you do. Maybe that way truckers won't be rushing all over the map anymore. 

It's a good answer but other business get hit by this. Something has to change, or the script rework along with how port authority handles truckers.

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I can prevent non owned businesses to lose components, which would shift the focus entirely to player owned businesses for truckers and it is a very quick change that can be reverted very fast too when needed.

This would resolve some of the issues with half the business. None the less, some people did bring up the issue of the script needing a rework on this topic, spoke about a suggestion that brought a lot of ideas how to improve trucking was done but went nowhere.

• Wuhtah locked this topic