What happened to Truckers and Trucking Companies?

Vash Baldeus

Recently a friend of mine told me that a business they work at no longer receives deliveries at all, for a while too. Something that I have noticed in the recent months, where Trucking Companies sorta' vanish and are not there anymore or inactive for all I know. I also know of people directly hiring trucking companies to do deliveries or worse, the owner does deliveries on his own to resupply his business.

What is your take on the reason for twiddling trucking scene? (except the obvious robbing, low pay etc)

People probably don't want to truck anymore because it's a script job that doesn't offer much in terms of roleplay. Like a lot of script jobs people only do them until they have enough money to pursue something else. Can't force people to work script jobs which is why it's detrimental to have businesses rely on truckers to get components, I think they should make buying components an automated process and keep trucking separate to it to avoid situations like this.

People don't want to spend 100 hours deliverying boxes in order to earn an affordable profit, RPG is hated here but we still keep this script that seems more taken from BDO than from a RP server.

P.S: There is a megahuge thread suggesting changes to the current script, but fell into oblivion.

Edited by Jennie
20 minutes ago, Jennie said:

People don't want to spend 100 hours deliverying boxes in order to earn an affordable profit, RPG is hated here but we still keep this script that seems more taken from BDO than from a RP server.

P.S: There is a megahuge thread suggesting changes to the current script, but fell into oblivion.

I think it's time to bump it.

1 hour ago, Wasloos said:

Trucking is still very much active. The only problem Is that usually, the only trucking routes people choose are the ones that pay a little extra on top of the 250 OR the ones where the route is fairly short, so they can drive a bigger truck faster.

It's this right here. It's a race to get as many deliveries as possible so they can make more money. Most places that offer the base 250 or are too far away from the supply points won't get any deliveries unless they increase their crate prices. Places that are really far from the supply points sometimes have a hard time getting crates even with a higher crate price. People just don't want to drive that far when they can deliver to businesses right around the corner from the supply points, especially when a few of those are mechanic shops and always in need of component crates.

1 hour ago, - Alfie - said:

It's this right here. It's a race to get as many deliveries as possible so they can make more money. Most places that offer the base 250 or are too far away from the supply points won't get any deliveries unless they increase their crate prices. Places that are really far from the supply points sometimes have a hard time getting crates even with a higher crate price. People just don't want to drive that far when they can deliver to businesses right around the corner from the supply points, especially when a few of those are mechanic shops and always in need of component crates.

That's actually what it shouldn't be about imo. I do rp someone who drives a van on occasions, but my deliveries are not fast.

1 hour ago, - Alfie - said:

Well, that's the issue with these. Fun fact, near textile pickup point in Textile City there's that clothing store, been out of components for DAYS and it ain't player owned either and it's like legit around the corner from the pickup.

• Wuhtah locked this topic