Mailbox

Detailed Description

Add a mailbox inv to every property door. A simple system.

Relevant Commands/Items

Command to put things into mailbox (usable by anyone)
Command to take things out of mailbox (if you have pinv access)
Command to view mailbox (if you have pinv access)
Notification when you enter property if mailbox has anything inside it. (if you have pinv access)

How will it benefit the server?
It's a mailbox, you can leave deliveries in them, good for offline players etc, it's a creativity force multiplier.
Deliver drugs, goods, invitations, news papers, anything, shop online, bag of burning poop.

Or flesh it out more similar to:

• Upvote 1

Back in the old dayz I used to run a Corporation and one of the companies under us was Strawberry 24/7, with their manager we put together a cool online side of the store so you could order and get groceries delivered to your home! It was really well recieved and did really well but delivery was a bit awkward and a pain because of the lack of system like this.

Obviously currently no companies are set up to deliver products to customers homes but with a mailbox it would open up this sort of opportunity for a wide range of business niches and we could even see parcel delievery services pop up which would be cool. 

I dont think the feature qould be used a lot at first though, I think it would grow and become more used the older it gets and as businesses think of ways to take advantage of the new system.

• Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, Rafiki said:

Back in the old dayz I used to run a Corporation and one of the companies under us was Strawberry 24/7, with their manager we put together a cool online side of the store so you could order and get groceries delivered to your home! It was really well recieved and did really well but delivery was a bit awkward and a pain because of the lack of system like this.

Obviously currently no companies are set up to deliver products to customers homes but with a mailbox it would open up this sort of opportunity for a wide range of business niches and we could even see parcel delievery services pop up which would be cool. 

I dont think the feature qould be used a lot at first though, I think it would grow and become more used the older it gets and as businesses think of ways to take advantage of the new system.

It would take a bit of time to gain traction, but the creativity aspect will take over and then I think it would take off faster than lightning. This has far reaching benefits for all facets of role play. Legal, illegal and everything in between.

Totally support this idea. Just keep it simple as this suggestion lays it out, no need to make a complicated system.

Edited by - Alfie -
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...